• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event: Cloak and Dagger [Optional Spoilers]

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In yew crypts, walking past the coffins i get a message saying I can't access this. I'm in com and not in the sl base part of the crypts. SL should investigate.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Y'know.. i've been thinking... wouldn't it be cool if the EM characters openly declared the people involved at the event (on the SL side) "traitors of the realm" by name? Watch them not have thought to keep track of names tho...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the SL was complaining about how they all ended up dying in our raid. Andrew (played by the Event Moderator) said "he was a disgrace to the Faction" for complaining.

He didn't talk anymore after that.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow baja was such an annoying shard for a noob char to survive on, i died like 15 times but ended up getting 4 pieces of rubble... for some reason true brits and minax were working together only killing noobs and no one else

Y

Yalp

Not quite true.. Baja formed an alliance between CoM, Min, and TB to defend Clainin against Melissa and the SL's. Several SL's did come, but were dispatched immediately. We killed any player w/o a tag, as we like to keep our shard event items on our shard. In the end, Melissa had to commit the deed herself. After, of course, trying to bribe us, threaten us, and conjole us into killing Clainin ourselves. It was a great example of the spirit of Baja at work!

Well done! Cervas' and mai tai's all around.. and Sake for Xel!

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so the point of the event, I gathered, was the for SL to kill Clanin. Yet he dies no matter what?

So whether or not the SL finish it, the evil still wins. Yes?

Y

Yalp

Sadly yes... not sure if SL failed to kill him on the other shards, but on Baja, Melissa needed to recall into his medic chambers a couple of times.. I imagine the EM's were meeting, scratching their heads, and saying.. "well now what do we do?" Most of the TB's were in there shoulder to shoulder with Clainin, while Min and CoM dispatched the SL's that showed up downstairs. Not sure 1 SL even made it to the second floor alive!

But yeah, Clainin is murdered regardless of what your shard does to prevent it.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so the point of the event, I gathered, was the for SL to kill Clanin. Yet he dies no matter what?

So whether or not the SL finish it, the evil still wins. Yes?
Sometimes that happens for a storyline. It is still important HOW it was accomplished. Did the shard inhabitants take evil into their own hands or did an NPC have to step up to do it? There is huge difference between the two.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not quite true.. Baja formed an alliance between CoM, Min, and TB to defend Clainin against Melissa and the SL's. Several SL's did come, but were dispatched immediately. We killed any player w/o a tag, as we like to keep our shard event items on our shard. In the end, Melissa had to commit the deed herself. After, of course, trying to bribe us, threaten us, and conjole us into killing Clainin ourselves. It was a great example of the spirit of Baja at work!

way to go... no clainin spellbooks for you guys

S

siyeng0

way to go... no clainin spellbooks for you guys
Oy freaking vey, man, at least they've got their community spirit. How many other shards do you know of where they can organise a faction rally - how many other shards do you know of where they can organise anything at all - and actually come together and succeed (well, sort of) for a common purpose? I didn't get to attend the Baja event, nor many of the other shards' events, but just from what I can see on these boards it seems that the Baja people fought as a community and had fun.

When will it sink in? People play for different reasons to you. Sometimes they have fun. Sometimes they have more fun than you do. And they have every right to do so!

Y

Yalp

I chose to ignore his sarcasm.. since we can ALL get a Clainin's Spellbook as a collection reward item.. our day's events are the lasting memories we all play this game for.. yes.. on Baja.. the sun and cervesas are all we need!

And yeah, we are a bit different on Baja. We help each other out all the time. Our vendor prices are reasonable, we don't sell pets, we give them to each other, we assist peeps get the new pets or quests or special event items until we all have them. We share the load with each other. We make special armor and items for the price of the ingredients. We know the bad apples on our shard and the majority of peeps play with respect for each other.

I know.. oddballs! :)

S

siyeng0

And yeah, we are a bit different on Baja. We help each other out all the time. Our vendor prices are reasonable, we don't sell pets, we give them to each other, we assist peeps get the new pets or quests or special event items until we all have them. We share the load with each other. We make special armor and items for the price of the ingredients. We know the bad apples on our shard and the majority of peeps play with respect for each other.

... :( Feel like coming to Oceania sometime...?

S

siyeng0

waving at ya from across the bright blue water! the sand is white the sky is blue and the cervesas are COLD!
Waving at you from across the dull grey water! The sand is polluted, the sky is an unhealthy brownish colour and the beer is HOT.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I chose to ignore his sarcasm.. since we can ALL get a Clainin's Spellbook as a collection reward item.. our day's events are the lasting memories we all play this game for.. yes.. on Baja.. the sun and cervesas are all we need!

oh really? u can get a clainins book with 20 lrc 12 lmc etc from the vesper museum? hmmm they musta changed things then.... or maybe that was just for this event... i really dont mind, you guys not getting books makes them worth more for people that have em

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greedy rares collector is greedy.

Whats wrong with one of the shards putting up a valiant [but futile] defense?
It takes for more interesting variations over all the shards.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh really? u can get a clainins book with 20 lrc 12 lmc etc from the vesper museum? hmmm they musta changed things then.... or maybe that was just for this event... i really dont mind, you guys not getting books makes them worth more for people that have em
From the faction collection

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the SL was complaining about how they all ended up dying in our raid. Andrew (played by the Event Moderator) said "he was a disgrace to the Faction" for complaining.

He didn't talk anymore after that.
LOL One of the SL on Napa came down into the room dead and pancakes about "they are blocking with bagballs up there and that is illegal!" and the EM told him basically "togh luck" and then when he kept whining and saying he had paged a GM the EM pretty much told him to be quiet and quit complaining, and made a comment about them letting the Minax into their base in the first place :lick:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats wrong with one of the shards putting up a valiant [but futile] defense?
It takes for more interesting variations over all the shards.
There should have been a chance to kill Melissa if someone successfully defended Clanin. This is like the whole destroying Magincia thing. There was no choice at all even though it appeared to be there. When are the supposed choosing sides going to come into play? This would have been the perfect time.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL One of the SL on Napa came down into the room dead and pancakes about "they are blocking with bagballs up there and that is illegal!" and the EM told him basically "togh luck" and then when he kept whining and saying he had paged a GM the EM pretty much told him to be quiet and quit complaining, and made a comment about them letting the Minax into their base in the first place :lick:
Lmao. Now there's an attitude all EM's should have for whiners

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Origin it was COM, who did the dirty work of the Shadow Lords, I think.
The few SL members never had a chance there.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Salute*
Olahorand
Yeah, I watched the event there.
I found it kind of odd that the Council of Mages killed Clanin. Guess CoM isn't really a "good" faction.
Would think CoM would want Clanin in their ranks, him being a good mage and all :p

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That was FUN. I had a great time, and everyone pulled together. Was it me or was Clainin spouting Wisp-talk???

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was FUN. I had a great time, and everyone pulled together. Was it me or was Clainin spouting Wisp-talk???
Posted pac's images from the side of CoM here.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=135103
And yes at the pacific shard he was talking like a wisp. I believe he did this when trying to channel energy to summon the royal paladin guards.

To wage a war of good vs. evil Clainin was a strategic kill by the side of evil. I would have taken him down too while he was weakened, that is if I was evil of course. I do worry about Casca's sense of "power" and how it will be handled without Clainin at his side.

I haven't heard word of Clainin's spell book being found on Pacific. Anyone I talked to hasn't said anything about it. If it was "corpse loot" perhaps sable should have looted that!!! It might have decayed with Clainin's corpse. I would be happy if it did and didn't fall into the hands of the Shadow Lords or Minax (even better that no one got it if its as overpowered as the rumors say).

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posted pac's images from the side of CoM here.
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=135103
And yes at the pacific shard he was talking like a wisp. I believe he did this when trying to channel energy to summon the royal paladin guards.

To wage a war of good vs. evil Clainin was a strategic kill by the side of evil. I would have taken him down too while he was weakened, that is if I was evil of course. I do worry about Casca's sense of "power" and how it will be handled without Clainin at his side.

I haven't heard word of Clainin's spell book being found on Pacific. Anyone I talked to hasn't said anything about it. If it was "corpse loot" perhaps sable should have looted that!!! It might have decayed with Clainin's corpse. I would be happy if it did and didn't fall into the hands of the Shadow Lords or Minax (even better that no one got it if its as overpowered as the rumors say).
Great write-up and NICE pics. Good deal, and thanks for confirming what I also saw and heard: Clainin going Wisp-talk because I saw the text and I heard those funky "tinging" noises that Wisps make coming from Clainin. For a second there, I thought Clainin was hitting up the ol' moonshine, if you catch my drift. If that were the case my first question to Clainin would be, "Hey man, where'd you get that alcoholic beverage? If you're spewing Wisp from taking only one shot of that brew, then that must be some quality stuff!" :love:

C

Connor_Graham

For those who havent seen the book

Courtesy Petrify Oceania.
This is the faction version for those that don't notice. The one from the museum does not have the LMC, DCI, only 15 LRC, and no Energy resist...

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They got put in the top 10 damagers backpacks, they probably didn't notice and mistook it for a runebook... give it a couple weeks till they realise.

Y

Yalp

*Salute*
Olahorand
On Atlantic I think it was Minax that killed Clainin.... but someone check me on that.

Y

Yalp

They got put in the top 10 damagers backpacks, they probably didn't notice and mistook it for a runebook... give it a couple weeks till they realise.
If that is the case, and it's not a faction item, then the bonfire has just set the town ablaze on the EM's event items.... allow v. disallow discussion.

R

RichDC

This is the faction version for those that don't notice. The one from the museum does not have the LMC, DCI, only 15 LRC, and no Energy resist...
This is different from the faction "turn in" book, notice the no owned by tag or required faction rank or durability.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But also notice it still has the "Faction Item" property.

Wonder if that means it'll run out in a week...

C

CatLord

... only wish that Cats had Some People who weren't afraid to screw over the event for the SL here.
We joined SL... infiltrated the meeting, got the location of Clainin and then turned on the SL faction players...

Killing a few but not enough to prevent our total party destruction.

Then we secured the healers and killed them and everyone else... until we got all destroyed... again.

We ressed up and killed them all again... and went home... before the battle would turn on us...

Irony of it all... Va'lis got the book.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my gf and i went to the event on lake austin and ran past a few reds and started to damage clainin, we both got the book and neither of us was in any faction

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But also notice it still has the "Faction Item" property.

Wonder if that means it'll run out in a week...
Faction Item means you have to be in a faction to equip it.
It's the same as the faction artifacts, except they aren't bound to a specific character.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought all faction items were tied to a one week limit, the end of which they transform into a base item of that type as a balance for their overwhelming strength/blessed status. Like the faction robes. Did this change sometime?

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought all faction items were tied to a one week limit, the end of which they transform into a base item of that type as a balance for their overwhelming strength/blessed status. Like the faction robes. Did this change sometime?
That's for faction craftables. When they added in all the new artifacts and such those are also faction items, however those do not decay in a week and are permanent.
This book falls under that new category, so it's a permanent spellbook. =]

Edit: And craftables don't become a base item. They just lose the blessing and special faction color.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's for faction craftables. When they added in all the new artifacts and such those are also faction items, however those do not decay in a week and are permanent.
This book falls under that new category, so it's a permanent spellbook. =]

Edit: And craftables don't become a base item. They just lose the blessing and special faction color.
Well that hits me as incredibly odd seeing as everything I head about them when they were still in planning said they held the same limit... the kind of limit that's incredibly necessary when it comes to even more overpowered versions of already overpowered artifacts.

Ah.. honestly didn't know that. Thanks. :)

Y

Yalp

well I can tell you for certain the Faction robe turns to death robe gray at the timer. But the faction items you buy with silver haven't turned on me yet. There is a difference in how often they can be repaired, which is never, but have to use the special powder on them, which you also buy. Think there is a 3 times per item limit? (someone check me on that).. and each powder use restores it to full durability -20. So a 100/255 item now becomes a 225/225 when the powder is used.