• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

{Event} Athena's Siege Naked Chess/Checkers Tournament

• Thread starter unforgivenUO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

unforgivenUO

<font color="blue"><center>PLEASE TELL ME YOUR CHARACTOR NAME WHEN YOU SIGN UP</center></font>
Come one, come all. I will be hosting a chess &amp; checkers tournament on the Siege Perilous shard.
Preliminary rounds will be played with the honor system where both parties report the winner.
Finals wil be played from a field of 4 finalists in each game class on a life sized board during the in game event associated with this project.(location TBA)

Brackets will be assigned once the field is set by random method.

Currently we may have only free sign ups with prizes offered or if there is enough interest we could have two classes with one being entry fee based and one free (same as we did with fantasy football leagues.) Regardless of which way we go there will be prizes and braggin rights involved for the winners of this tournament. Anyone who would like to donate prizes the offer would be appreciated.

<font color="purple">Current sign ups for chess</font>
Arch Angel [NEW]
Dissimulo [C8V]
Nightmare [-SS-]
Bergnul [C8V]
WyRm [VMP]
Pandora [TNT]
Bloody Mary [VMP]
Wolf
Falon of Eldor
Shakaja
cheapsuit [VMP]
El Gecko [NEW]
Aik'
Bennos Morales (THB)

<font color="purple">Current sign ups for checkers</font>
Athena [G R]
Bergnul [C8V]
Dissimulo [C8V]
Nightmare [-SS-]
Wolf
Shakaja

<center><font color="RED">MORE DETAILS TO COME</center>

I

imported_Krystal

Wyrm's a great chess player ill see if he wants to join:)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wyrm's a great chess player ill see if he wants to join:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, krysly !
Yes, please, sign me in !! I hope the reward for the winner is an ORNAMENT OF THE MAGICIAN !

MWUAHAHAAHAH

Im game... Put me in, insolent blues !!

U

unforgivenUO

<blockquote><hr>

Im game... Put me in, insolent blues !!

[/ QUOTE ]

is that chess only or both then, Wyrm ?

G

sign me up for chess, i must punish wyrm muhahahahaha your going down sire

G

But sire!! you wont win i will muhahahahahah
ohh btw nice sig evil one!

G

<blockquote><hr>

But sire!! you wont win i will muhahahahahah
ohh btw nice sig evil one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Muwhahahaha How dare you ? hmpf.. insolent

you better start getting used to the second place !!!!!
GLUWHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHA

U

unforgivenUO

i appreciate the quick interest but when you folks sign up i need the name of the character you plan to use if you make the finals

G

i sign up for chess if time is european friendly

ps: wyrm you better get used to less than second place then!!! miserable imp!

G

<blockquote><hr>

ps: wyrm you better get used to less than second place then!!! miserable imp!

[/ QUOTE ]

Shakajy,.,. Unfortunately to all of you, on chess the PING doesnt help to achieve victory like in PvP, so you better be very well prepared.

Unforsaken,.,. the char I will be using is WyRm, of course, and I want to play only chess, and I want to get an ornament !

S

Shadow Tamer-SP

it looks as if there some rich players going into this, can we start a class for paying people? say 500K-1 million per player?

U

unforgivenUO

*nods*
if we have enough interest i am sure that can be arranged.

H

HalfDead

Surely there is no one on Siege who can beat me in chess. Count Cheapsuit [VmP] in for this one!

Also, I think we should use the free MSN gaming zone for the games, that way viewers can watch the matches. I just love a crowd when I'm punishing someone in chess.

Also we could put the clock on those 1 hour per move chess players.

G

Milord Cheapsuit... Im sorry to inform thee that this tourney already has a winner,.,. and BY THE DAMNED, its MEEEEEE !!!
MUWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaha
gasp

Er.,,. when is it anyway ? Tell us the exact date, location and time, you insolent despicable miserable blue imps !!!!!!!

U

unforgivenUO

<blockquote><hr>

I think we should use the free MSN gaming zone for the games, that way viewers can watch the matches. I just love a crowd when I'm punishing someone in chess.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the preliminary rounds it is up to thw two opponents to agree on a venue and a time to play so if they agree to msn that is fine, or yahoo, or in game whatever as long as both submit the winner's name back to me.
as for the finals they will be played in game on a life sized board i am constructing with my meager house design talents.

U

unforgivenUO

<blockquote><hr>

Er.,,. when is it anyway ? Tell us the exact date, location and time, you insolent despicable miserable blue imps !!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Once sign ups have finished brackets will be set and games can begin this weekend. The rounds will progress as match ups report who won back to me. Once the four finalists in each category have been identified we will set up a date and time for the finals matches to occur in game.

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*rolls eyes* hehe

It is Falon of ELDOR not ELDAR, that stinking city that's full of scum!

Has the beating down of one's psyche already begUn??? (remembers you calling Vallant....Valium.....hehe)

*sighs*

After this tourney, please, please, set-up one for Backgammon (im so much better with a game based on luck (rolling dice) than skill --- Hey Masu!!!!

B

BennosMorales

Bennos Morales will show Siege, Treasure Hunters make great Chess players.

Sign me up

H

HalfDead

<blockquote><hr>

After this tourney, please, please, set-up one for Backgammon (im so much better with a game based on luck (rolling dice) than skill --- Hey Masu!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a chance, after this it's tic tac toe and hangman. But there is no way I'm losing in chess or madden, just aint gonna happen.

H

HalfDead

<blockquote><hr>

Milord Cheapsuit... Im sorry to inform thee that this tourney already has a winner,.,. and BY THE DAMNED, its MEEEEEE !!!
MUWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaha
gasp

[/ QUOTE ]

*grins* I promise to leave pieces on the board when i play anyone from VmP, but for all the rest, I'm gonna humiliate them and have their king running in his shorts.

M

Masumatek

Don't offer prizes. Especially no gold or something like gold (like an arty). If you must, keep it as something simple, worthless to anyone but the person who owns it. It's too easy to cheat in an online tournament. And while you can't prevent cheating no matter what you do, you can limit the want to cheat.

With prizes:

Hrm...sweet, I won the chess tourney.
Wowzorz...I also got 5 mill.

Without prizes:

Hrmm...sweet, I won the chess tourney.

Prizes only encourage cheating. It's why we have dupers. It's why we have unattended gold farmers. It's why we have scammers, etc. ...

N

Nerf-Herder

I'm in for the chess. Char is Mr T.

Can someone please teach me how to play?

Edit: I bet Masumatek will bring blessed queens...

D

Dor of Sonoma

I agree.

I've always seen much greater participation (or at the least, more enthusiasm) in the events that I host, when players participated for fun and bragging rights, rather than loot.

It's more enjoyable, too. :-D

F

Fidessa

Athena I would love to participate, but I need to know when it is held. Oh wait the participants have to set a date themselfs? Okay. Count me in on both.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Don't offer prizes. Especially no gold or something like gold (like an arty). If you must, keep it as something simple, worthless to anyone but the person who owns it. It's too easy to cheat in an online tournament. And while you can't prevent cheating no matter what you do, you can limit the want to cheat.

With prizes:

Hrm...sweet, I won the chess tourney.
Wowzorz...I also got 5 mill.

Without prizes:

Hrmm...sweet, I won the chess tourney.

Prizes only encourage cheating. It's why we have dupers. It's why we have unattended gold farmers. It's why we have scammers, etc. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Masu, how is anybody going to cheat ?? I thought we were going to play the chess in Ultima Online, using the chess board.... Is this event being planned to be played OUT of UO ? If so, this is pathetic !

I wanna play in UO´s chess boards, where people cant cheat !

A

absimiliard

Okay fine. Bennos has been pestering me to join. So count me in for a chess game under two conditions.

1. We take the title at it's word, I play naked and anyone I play plays naked.

2. You all don't laugh too much when I get stomped, I'm not a terribly good player.

And despite the naked comment, don't expect my brother Lindi to come. He'd just try to eat the pieces something. Stupid savage has no appreciation for the finer things in life, like a good game of chess!

Lindisfarne the Sig-less Wonder
"I wonder how many moves I can hold out against a decent player?"

G

I'm in for chess with AEowyn.
Also a quick sugestion for the board is use players with diffrent clothing and colors to distinguish the pieces.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I do not have PM or ICQ, so the only way to sign up for the Chess tournament
is here.

Player name is : Yahaxithonix

I will need to know here on this forum how and where to meet my opponents.

Alternatively, I could just post the game in a thread on this forum at a set time,
but that would be dull.

M

Masumatek

I will not mention specifically how to cheat. All I will say is it's easy enough, unpreventable, and prizes only encourage it. Don't offer prizes. Eliminate much of the motivation to cheat.