• Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.

[Bushido] Evasion...Is Parry Required?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Anyone have know definitively whether or not Parry is required in order to be able to evade?

What's the verdict....

According to UOGuide it increases the chance to parry. Hence with zero parry you'd have zero chance....

On the other hand I've run with Anatomy & Tactics and received the evade emote...

Thanks in advance for the feedback.:thumbup1:
 
J

[JD]

Guest
as a sampire with only JOAT parry i'd be very interested in learning if evade would work or not to avoid spells, dragon fireballs, etc
 

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Can you elaborate a little more?

80 Dex? Where did that come from?

Is there any documentation anywhere on Evasion besides UOGuide?
 

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
80 dex is required to get the full benefit of parry. Below that, your parry skill effectivess is reduced. Check the Stratics parry calculator to see the formula and how it scales.
 
S

Stupid Miner

Guest
80 dex is required to get the full benefit of parry. Below that, your parry skill effectivess is reduced. Check the Stratics parry calculator to see the formula and how it scales.
Not that that limitation really has any effect on Warriors... pretty much solely a mage-deterrent.
 
J

[JD]

Guest
Speaking in terms of evade in PVP, if I have 120 Parry what are the differences between 60 and 120 bush?

ty
 

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
It is possible to cast.
I use it at 60 though I did not think that I seem to try at parry0.
However, evade might not be done when comparing it at Parry 120.
Champion spwan can be done also with Parry0.
The attack of the monster is often hit.
 

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Publish 43

# Evasion modifier to parry now scales with Bushido skill

* If the player has higher than GM Bushido, and at least GM Tactics and Anatomy, they get a bonus to their evasion modifier (10% bonus to the evasion modifier to parry NOT 10% to the final parry chance)
* Bonus modifier to parry range: (these are the ranges for the evasion modifier)
o 16-40% bonus w/o tactics/anatomy
o 42-50% bonus w/ GM+ bushido and GM tactics/anatomy

# Evasion duration now scales with Bushido skill

* If the player has higher than GM Bushido, and GM Tactics and Anatomy, they get a 1 second bonus
* Evasion duration range:
o 3-6 seconds w/o tactics/anatomy
o 6-7 seconds w/ GM+ Bushido and GM tactics/anatomy

I'm pretty sure that's w/o parry included.
 

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Publish 43

# Evasion modifier to parry now scales with Bushido skill

* If the player has higher than GM Bushido, and at least GM Tactics and Anatomy, they get a bonus to their evasion modifier (10% bonus to the evasion modifier to parry NOT 10% to the final parry chance)
* Bonus modifier to parry range: (these are the ranges for the evasion modifier)
o 16-40% bonus w/o tactics/anatomy
o 42-50% bonus w/ GM+ bushido and GM tactics/anatomy

# Evasion duration now scales with Bushido skill

* If the player has higher than GM Bushido, and GM Tactics and Anatomy, they get a 1 second bonus
* Evasion duration range:
o 3-6 seconds w/o tactics/anatomy
o 6-7 seconds w/ GM+ Bushido and GM tactics/anatomy

I'm pretty sure that's w/o parry included.
"I'm pretty sure that's w/o parry included"

Wrong...


Parry (and in the case of weapon parry its the combination of parry and bushido as your base PARRY CHANCE)

Now evasion takes your parry chance then apply a multiplier to it so become your final "evasion chance".

If your base parry chance is 0 then the max evasion bonus of 50% will give you 0*1.5=0 0% chance to evade.

Let me say it this way so you all can understand...
Evasion to parry skill is like DCI/HCI to your weapon skill.
You can have 50HCI but you will most likely never hit someone with 0 weapon skill against his/her 120.

Parry skill is the same way... you can have 120 Bushido 120 Anatomy and 120 Tactics with a 2 handed weapon (evasion will give you 50% bonus to your parry). OK using the formula below

Blocking with a 2-handed weapon:
New = (Parrying * 10) * (Bushido * 10) / 41140 (Add 5% if Parrying or Bushido skill is 100 or above)


120 bushido and 0 parry gives you a base parry chance of 5%.
Now you turn on evasion which will give your parry chance a bonus of 50% as your evasion chance. Which in your case running 0 parrying will have 5%*1.5=7.5% chance to evade an attack.

And btw human 20 parry works with evasion, just like human 20 weapon skills works with dci and hci.

Oh and evasion in PvP is very powerful. At least during the evasion (with a high enough of a base parry chance of course), you can survive 5+ archer AI spam gank with zero issue...

It's not required to have parry to CAST evasion, you just need parry skill to make your evasion more effective.

And in case you guys wanna know...

120 bushido w/ human 20 parry will have a 10% chance to parry and 15% chance to evade.

120 bushido and 120 parry with a:
1. 2 handed weapon will have a 40% chance to parry and 60% chance to evade.
2. 1 handed weapon will have a 35% chance to parry and 52.5% chance to evade.
 

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
120 bushido w/ human 20 parry will have a 10% chance to parry and 15% chance to evade.
Honestly just by playing a character with exactly this it seems to be your base parry 10% + the Bonus 42-50% (if you have GM Anat/Tact) while evasion is active. I've evaded so much it's ridiculous with only JoAT parry on a constant basis. The numbers say what you're saying, but by playing this character a lot it seems to be the %'s I said. That's why I added what I said... maybe I'm just lucky a lot :p
 

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Honestly just by playing a character with exactly this it seems to be your base parry 10% + the Bonus 42-50% (if you have GM Anat/Tact) while evasion is active. I've evaded so much it's ridiculous with only JoAT parry on a constant basis. The numbers say what you're saying, but by playing this character a lot it seems to be the %'s I said. That's why I added what I said... maybe I'm just lucky a lot :p
I evade a lot on my bushido human 20 parry sampire too. Especially when I have 50+ small damages coming my way and more than 10 damages "evaded"... I mean DAMN DUDE!!! 10+ whooping evades in 5 seconds with no parry skill!!! I am GOD! :mf_prop:
 

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I evade a lot on my bushido human 20 parry sampire too. Especially when I have 50+ small damages coming my way and more than 10 damages "evaded"... I mean DAMN DUDE!!! 10+ whooping evades in 5 seconds with no parry skill!!! I am GOD! :mf_prop:
Mine was from pvp experiences. Normally when I evade 50% of the spells are evaded.
 

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to play a mage with 120 bush, 50 wep skill, and 60 parry. I carried a mage wep, but when I popped an evade when a dump was coming - I swear like only 25% of the spells actually got through.
 
J

[JD]

Guest
im seriously thinkin about checking out 60 parry on one of my chars.

why is evade working when you dont have proper skill lvl? (JOAT)
 

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So what is the final result of this discussion?

What is my chance to parry if I have 120 bushido/tactic/anatomy and:
1) 5% chance to block
2) 40% chance to block

P.S.
(<chance to block> + <evasion bonus>) or <chance to block> * (100% + <evasion bonus>)
 
Last edited:

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
It's not required to have parry to CAST evasion, you just need parry skill to make your evasion more effective.
Exactly what he said, having parry makes a huge difference. 'Evades' will spam up your screen when up against multiple casters, without, you may see 1 or 2 'Evades' if you are lucky and if unlucky will likely take a dirt nap if you miss a swing and fail to leech for that split 2.5 seconds.
 
Top