• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eval real 120 or wizard´s Curio?

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi, For ages I´ve had real Evaluate Inteligence at 120 and magery at 105 + 15 on a ring.
Thing is, I just found some great Legendary gloves... but they´d leave me with only 90LRC... So I swaped my Mana Phising orb SDI+5, for the Wizard´s Curio SDI+5, LRC+10 so I´m back at 100% LRC.

My question is, should I take adbantage of the wizard´s Curio +10 Eval, and drop my real Eval to 110, and bring up my magery to real 120, to profit more from death ray, or does death ray also need real Eval?...
Also, would any other spells suffer if it´s not real 120 Eval? (in which case I´d just have the Curio´s +10skill unsused, but seems like a waste)

what would you experts do?

thanks in advance

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless you are using the magery mastery, real eval shouldn't matter.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Death Ray - The mage focuses a death ray on their opponent which snares the mage to their location and does damage based on magery skill, evaluating intelligence skill, and mastery level as long as the mage has mana and the target is in range.
To profit fully from Death Ray you would need 120 Magery 120 Eval and LvL 3 Mastery.
If someone else could provide a link to the damage formula it may provide more insight as to whether the loss is slight for those 10 points or not.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Death Ray - The mage focuses a death ray on their opponent which snares the mage to their location and does damage based on magery skill, evaluating intelligence skill, and mastery level as long as the mage has mana and the target is in range.
To profit fully from Death Ray you would need 120 Magery 120 Eval and LvL 3 Mastery.
If someone else could provide a link to the damage formula it may provide more insight as to whether the loss is slight for those 10 points or not.
So I should just raise my Magery to real 120, leave my 120 Eval, and forego the +10EA from the Curio, which I´d still use untl even better gloves...
I´ll try it :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would take advantage of the skill points on the Curio and lower your real skill.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hear ya, extra Skill points are soooo welcome. Içe chosen to forego the 120 real eval... apparently only death ray sill suffer a bit