• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] eval + anatomy defense and spellbooks

csagent108

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read before that having high eval int and anatomy together is better than having wrestling for a mage's hit defense. Does anyone know if this works the same while holding a spellbook? As far as I know, holding a spellbook is tied to the wrestling skill. If you use the eval int/anatomy combination, will the same hit defense ability be granted even while holding a spellbook?

M

Miraeyu

I think so, but I'm not sure.

Also, are you sure that Eval Int + Anatomy is better than Wrestling? If so, can a non-mage ex. weaver, necro, etc. benefit from this bonus? Thanks.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should only take anatomy+eval int as defensive skill to templates that need the skillpoints freed from taking anatomy over wrestling.

M

Miraeyu

You should only take anatomy+eval int as defensive skill to templates that need the skillpoints freed from taking anatomy over wrestling.
So what is better defense wise? Anatomy + Evaluate Int or JUST Wrestling?

I just need to know which offers a higher cap. Thanks.

G

Gellor

They are exactly the same as far as the chance of getting hit goes.

Wrestling adds in:
  1. Attacking... you take swings at a person and may get an extra point of damage in :p
  2. Special moves - mixed blessing since special moves can't be queued while casting. I have a hell of a time getting timing down.

M

Miraeyu

They are exactly the same as far as the chance of getting hit goes.

Wrestling adds in:
  1. Attacking... you take swings at a person and may get an extra point of damage in :p
  2. Special moves - mixed blessing since special moves can't be queued while casting. I have a hell of a time getting timing down.
Thanks a lot Gellor! This helps a bunch. :)

Edit: For special moves don't I need some tactics and weapon skill?

M

Miraeyu

Nevermind, I found out that for Wrestling I don't need tactics.

But I have one last question. As far as HCI is concerned, do any other skills raise it, or just Wrestling? I'm asking because I want my special moves to hit. Thanks.

G

Gellor

HCI is an item modification. You just need to get the appropriate items.

Keep in mind, even if you have 45 HCI, the best you can hope for is 50% chance of hitting. And in PvP, given the number of people using hit lower attack weapons, your chance goes down hill in a hurry.

M

Miraeyu

Ah, ok. I have a question about armor though.

I know plate doesn't work with active meditation, but does it work with PASSIVE meditation? Is there a slight bonus even though I'm wearing heavy armor? Thank you.

Edit: How can I tell if an armor piece is heavy or light? I'm confused.

And does only the chest piece matter? Or do the pants, helm, neck piece, etc all matter? And what happens if everything else is leather armor, with the exception of one thing?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chainmail, ringmail, and Plate are all metal. You can't actively meditate in them and your passive Mana Regen is slower with them. Unless they say "Mage Armor", which then makes them just as being a)naked b)cloth c)leather which all give you active meditation AND passive Mana Regen.
All pieces must be cloth or leather in order to get the benefits (or mage armor, or a mix of each). You can't have 5 pieces that are leather/cloth and you wear 1 piece metal (non mage armor) then you just spoiled your suit.

Personally, on my mage or warrior, I never want to wear any metal that is not mage armor or else your Mana Regen slows.