• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it that at EVERY single major event in UO history, it is ALWAYS Europa that suffers? Will we ever have a decent server?

Its obvious that they don't care: -

" We are experiencing issues with Europa. At this time we have brought the shard down to further investigate the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please check here in approximately 2 hours for an additional update.

UPDATE 11:22 AM EST: We have updated all of the shards with a hot fix for the issue that was happening. We will continue to monitor all of the shards and provide any updates within this thread.

UPDATE 1:41 PM EST: We are still investigating additional issues with the Europa Shard. We will provide an additional update in about 2 hours.

UPDATE 3:49 PM EST: We are still investigating issues on the Europa shard. We will provide an update in approximately 2 hours or less. Keep checking back here for details. "

I would like to make the following prediction: -

"UPDATE 5:56 PM EST: We are still investigating issues. We will provide an update in approximately 2 hours or less. Keep checking back here for details."

They can't even give a new full explanation of what has happend....instead they just cut and past whilst giving a can't be arsed sigh.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it that at EVERY single major event in UO history, it is ALWAYS Europa that suffers? Will we ever have a decent server?

Its obvious that they don't care: -

" We are experiencing issues with Europa. At this time we have brought the shard down to further investigate the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please check here in approximately 2 hours for an additional update.

UPDATE 11:22 AM EST: We have updated all of the shards with a hot fix for the issue that was happening. We will continue to monitor all of the shards and provide any updates within this thread.

UPDATE 1:41 PM EST: We are still investigating additional issues with the Europa Shard. We will provide an additional update in about 2 hours.

UPDATE 3:49 PM EST: We are still investigating issues on the Europa shard. We will provide an update in approximately 2 hours or less. Keep checking back here for details. "

I would like to make the following prediction: -

"UPDATE 5:56 PM EST: We are still investigating issues. We will provide an update in approximately 2 hours or less. Keep checking back here for details."

They can't even give a new full explanation of what has happend....instead they just cut and past whilst giving a can't be arsed sigh.

I think you’re being a little ungrateful. These people are working hard to get our server up and running again and all you can do is moan about it!

Jesus!

Q

QuhaHero

I don't think it's a matter of being ungreatful. If this game was provided for free of charge then you'd be right with your like it or lump it attitude. Fact is this game has been running for 10 years and people have been paying $29.99 per account to upgrade and have been unable to play. This is completely unacceptable. Also consider new players coming to the new game who have just payed $39.99 just to be greated with every single server being down. Are they being ungreatful by complaining? We've been sold an expansion that is incomplete, that is the real issue.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No compensation from this downtime either.. Would've been nice to get some clothing/armor piece with some text like "I survived the Europa crash loop 2009" or something similar.

C

Calis M^N

it would also be nice to have the promo items i redeemed instead of not having them and my code being invalid!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it's a matter of being ungreatful. If this game was provided for free of charge then you'd be right with your like it or lump it attitude. Fact is this game has been running for 10 years and people have been paying $29.99 per account to upgrade and have been unable to play. This is completely unacceptable. Also consider new players coming to the new game who have just payed $39.99 just to be greated with every single server being down. Are they being ungreatful by complaining? We've been sold an expansion that is incomplete, that is the real issue.
what did you think they didnt know there is a problem? Do you think they were sitting around drinking coffee insted of working around the clock to get our server up and running?

Incase you did'nt notice Europa was the only server that had outage problems!

These people were trying their best to get the server running again.

You were not stoped from playing the game! Myself and quite a few others from Europa went and played on Atlantic! We had some great fun and we got to play around with the new content!

Its not their fault you resticted your self to one server!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Winker, EA weren't onto the problem until they got their asses out of bed and into work. So we had a good few hours downtime before anything was done, and a good few more before it was even acknowledged that we had a problem. In the mean time, you've got people getting very frustrated indeed because they've just forked out for an expansion on a game that they pay to play anyway and can't. In my book, that's appalling customer service and EA should be ashamed of themselves.

Yes, there will be problems every now and then, no reasonable person will deny that. But what drives folks nuts is the lack of communication and the fact that we have to wait til America wakes up before the problem is addressed. So I'm back to what I keep saying; if you run a multi national, multi time zone game, you, at the very least, need some multi time zone tech support, whether it's via email or ingame bug report. EA have a dreadful record where customer support is concerned, and they're fools for it; customer support is one of the cheapest aspects of business, but it's also one of the ones that generates the most revenue. They're fools not to realise this and make the most of it.

Q

QuhaHero

what did you think they didnt know there is a problem? Do you think they were sitting around drinking coffee insted of working around the clock to get our server up and running?

Incase you did'nt notice Europa was the only server that had outage problems!

These people were trying their best to get the server running again.

You were not stoped from playing the game! Myself and quite a few others from Europa went and played on Atlantic! We had some great fun and we got to play around with the new content!

Its not their fault you resticted your self to one server!
Actually every single server went down yesterday. You can't play Atlantic when it is Down. If you're going to attempt to patronise me, at least know what you're talking about son.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually every single server went down yesterday. You can't play Atlantic when it is Down. If you're going to attempt to patronise me, at least know what you're talking about son.
Actualy Atalatic was up for most of teh time as were every other server! Yes they ALL went down at some point but it was only Europa that was down ALL day, I spen a good 10 hours playing on atlantic from 10am uk time untill they were all brought down at 10:30pm ish

So go sing youre tune else where!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off at 42 years old i don’t think i qualify to be your "son"

Secondly I was on Atlantic for ages but it did go down 3 times twice it was for no more than an hour then at 10:30'ish along with Every other server.

So i guess i must have been playing UO when you were playing free shards coz i sure as hell played most of the day

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off at 42 years old i don’t think i qualify to be your "son"

Secondly I was on Atlantic for ages but it did go down 3 times twice it was for no more than an hour then at 10:30'ish along with Every other server.

So i guess i must have been playing UO when you were playing free shards coz i sure as hell played most of the day

Just a suggestion....at 42 maybe you should start to act your age.

The comment I made probably represents the vast majority of the Europa server, and especially those players who have played a very long time who just dream that one day EA actually might get it right!

Deep down I know that you know I am correct, the only reason why your arguing the toss is because you know who I am in-game. So I suggest to you again, act your age.