• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Europa on Facebook?

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys, was looking or a Facebook group for Europa and I found these three:

Europa RP Survivors Club (74 members)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4894698252/
"A way for folks who were part of the roleplay scene on Europa server in Ultima Online to keep in touch, reminisce and arrange meets."

This one I've actually belonged to for some time. Seems to mostly consist of people who roleplayed on Europa but are no longer playing. I was never involved with them in the game, instead I'm more of a solo player who plays "in character", so in that sense I found it interesting.

Ultima Online - Europa Factions Oldschool (74 members)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/14484514214/
Something my PvP:ing son would probably enjoy but not for me since I don't do faction stuff.

Ultima Online - Europa (13 members)
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=30464226777
"This group is for everyone who played or plays the best ever MMORPG, Ultima Online, on the Europa shard. All players welcome, no matter what your play style was/is in game!

Now THIS is the kind of group I was looking to join! Just your basic group devoted to UO Europa in general. There's only one problem. It has only 13 members and has a message that says "Over the next few months, Facebook will be archiving all groups created using the old groups format. Would you like to continue being a member of this group?"

What this basically means is that the group was created prior to the group changes Facebook made this year, and that since it has very little action, it has not qualified to be converted into a "modern" facebook group yet. For it to start to qualify, it needs more activity.

Basically there are two options: 1) We can all join this group and get to posting to make it eligible for conversion. And hope that the owner notices to do so... or 2) Create a new Europa group which will automatically be a modern version. I say we should try #1 and see if we can't get this thing to life and opt for #2 if nothing happens within the next weeks.

Any thoughts? Does everyone understand the benefits of having an Europa facebook group? From the groups I belong to from other games, I find this to be an excellent way to bring the community together on a whole new level because suddenly it's the real people behind the character names speaking, with their faces showing. And if there is any fear that such a group would make things quiet down in the forums, this is hardly the case because the way the modern FB groups work is that the conversations are almost like status updates in that they get lost in the feeds quite quickly and don't have much longevity. They're more quick and immediate topics that you wouldn't want to spam the forums with, such as: "Hey guys, any action tonight?" "Could someone come help me tame this dragon?" "Heads up everyone, the auction starts in 5 minutes" If you get my drift.

Anyhow, any thoughts?