• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa Mining Map

J

JAYKAY

Erm, I am speechless! This is possibly the first time anyone has given out their ore map!! /forum_images/uo/icons/smile.gif

/forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif "It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies." -Mike Royko /forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif

N

Nirces

nope, i gave out my last 1 before the chanage, posted here and the miners board, that had 25 val locations on it, 17 felucia, 8 trammel plus almost every cave

Nirces
We scream to avoid suffering in silence.

J

Jayce

Ok 3 questions.

1) Do the numbers represent the maximum Ore?

2) How do you mine towards the centre of the mountain?

3) Why is it lately I have gone to my coloured Ore loations and been diggin up a different colour ( I also use the resourse grid )?

K

KingBlitz

1) yes. a grid square with only mountains/cave gives 16.
2) enter a cave
3) OSI was changing the locations every day until recently. now it seems that it's settled but I wouldn't be surprised if they shuffled it on a monthly basis or so.

each such shuffle would make the ore map useless...

J

Jayce

ok, thanks for the input, I know a map would be usefull but then again having ore locations move would stop camping on the boat mining spots. Just an idea for the miners out there, don't you think it would be bettert that coloured ore can only be mined from more remote / dangerous locations and not from within towns?

J

JAYKAY

OSI has stopped changing them and apparently it was not their intention to have them keep changing. For some reason they didn't know that some shards were still changing! Also for some reason only parts of some shards were changing. Once they were told of places still changing they stopped them. I don't think they will be changing them again! *crosses fingers*

/forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif "It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies." -Mike Royko /forum_images/uo/icons/spiny.gif

N

Nirces

Europa Ore Map Website

This is a start of an ore map for europa using the Resource Grid.

The map currently covers:
O The south face of trinsic mountain range. (tram)
O The three caves near wrong. (tram)
O The cave north of shame. (tram)
O Both Ice Isle caves. (tram)
O Desert Cave. (tram)
O Cave near Britain Swamp. (tram)
O Passage to Lost Lands (tram)
O All Trammel Caves (tram)
O Mountain Side of Wrong. (tram) - Done by bevier of the Justice Academy
O Britain Guard Zone (tram) - Done by Gary Thomson

Here is an example picture:

The map file can be located here, you will need to right click and choose save target as... on the link.

make sure you save it as Miner.map and not Miner.map.txt
Add the following places by Menu : Map : Additional Settings : Filter tab
Add the following:
O Iron
O Dull Copper
O Shadow
O Copper
O Bronze
O Golden
O Agapite
O Verite
O Valorite.

Next

if you want the icons to show up correctly goto the resource page and download icons.zip, and unzip it and edit the .reg file (right click menu - edit) to the correct locations of the icons (there are two main sets one for people who use the map like above tilted and one for who don't) save it then d.click the file to run it and make the changes to UOAM

Lastly

Drag Miner.map onto the UOAM main pane to add the file

I am looking for help on this project to complete the entire map both trammel and felucia, please e-mail me or ICQ me if your interested and have 99+ skill :)

[edited so that the link works]

[updated with new locations and layout]

Nirces
We scream to avoid suffering in silence.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Nirces on 9/2/00 07:18 PM.</FONT></P>

N

Nirces

inside the mountain - there are some spots beyond the cave walls, these are accessed using UOA only:

a special marco - record a macro d.click your shovel then target a spot furthest away from you that you can mine 3 or 4 depending on direction, stop it and change target to target relative, then go upto a cave way in the direction you mine and use teh macreo and you will mive through the wall, finding new spots sometimesm, using the grid for UOAM you can now tell where to do that

I'm just about about to edit the message so that you can download it, plus over the last 2 hours i've added the 3 wrong caves, the shame cave and the front ice isle cave.

PS. that picture shows real ore spots on europa - yes thats a 15 big ore valorite spot at the top.

Nirces

Z

ZiGGe

Is it really a good idea to release an ore-map??
I mean... Wont this just make the best mining spot crowded?
Take for an example that you go to mine some verite at your favourite spot, and then you se... ME! And my newbie miner, mining there just to make GM miners life miserable?? /forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif
You would get mad wouldnt you??
BTW... I would never do that since I have a good miner and I have respect for better miners! ;p

-Hi!
-hello
-May I pet your dragon??
-Sure!
*grr*
-glufs glufs glufs!
- No! Bad dragon! Bad dragon! Dont eat the Lords by the bank!

K

Karura

your newbie miner wont be mining verite for a day or two ;)

<center><font color=blue>Karura

Of Europa</center>

Z

ZiGGe

No but he can drain the vein for ore... Just not verite! But he surecan get some iron out of there! /forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif

-Hi!
-hello
-May I pet your dragon??
-Sure!
*grr*
-glufs glufs glufs!
- No! Bad dragon! Bad dragon! Dont eat the Lords by the bank!

L

Lothar

i boat mine, hit GM miner yesterday and have never found any valorite :(

i think the valorite's being blocked by all those perma-parked boats, would a GM move/sink them if i asked?

/me hates those boat parker peeps...

Lothar, Recruiting Officer & Guild Elder of the Veterans of Finstermoor
Harkon, Armourer of VOF
James Fellwalker, Bartender of the Angry Mongbat Tavern

N

Nirces

I know some people don't agree with the fact that i'm releasing my map, but i don't see how it is different from people giving out info on armours and weapons, its just another set of infomation that i believe everyone should have access to if they want it.

As for newbie miners taking the verite/valorite spots, i doupt this, they have no reason for deining you ore and with this map they can see where to get the ore colour in quanity to raise thier skill.

Most newbie miners (it is now so easy to reach GM that all none GM miners are newbies) if asked will leave a spot alone if you ask them anyways, and with this map the more considerate will LEAVE the spot for more experinced miners.

Nirces

K

Kuragari of Dawn

Well I think it's damm fine work to do..
Also maybe it'll spread out miners a little more..
I got a miner at 90.2 (Yaa Not GM Yet (me=newbie ??)) but find it increasingly difficult to mine anywhere near brit.. (even at lunch/afternoon time) At the moment Im not going after anything special (well Iron.. gotta rise those Smithing skills :))
But IF I ever make GM Smith it would be nice to know where to go instead of randomly jumping all over the place..

Anything I can do to help you out with it??
Tell me (better yet.. Explain) And I'l do my best..

Kengou of Dawn

Church of Dawn
I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleanced the universe of all "Quakegods" and carved thier bones into little flutes for our children ...
It is a dream I have.

B

Brennik

There's a simple method for you Kuragari: stick to one region for a time /forum_images/uo/icons/smile.gif. You'll learn the spawns there pretty fast. At least I know the vicinity of Delucia like the back of my own hand /forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif. And yes, it's nice to be mining along the southern ridge and see some new miner come against me and know he has just emptied the two adjacent valorite and verite veins there...

Oh, on a side note, someone could probably tell lazy old me how to line the labels neatly acoording to the grid? There's probably some option I've just skipped /forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif.

<font color=blue>Brennik the Treasure Hunter</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>Nevyn, Guild Scribe of IP</font color=purple><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Brennik on 8/29/00 06:17 AM.</FONT></P>

N

Nirces

well in the icon zip file there are 3 sets:

1. an icon set for people who use UOAM with North pointing at the top of the screen
2. an icon set for people who use UOAM with North pointing at top right of screen like in UO (theres an option for this)
3.for people who don't use the grid or care about lining up, an icon set that centres where you place the label, read the site for which is which, default is number 1, i use number 2 in that example pic

for both sets 1 and 2 (forget 3) where you mark is the same so the map works for everyone

for set 1 mark each spot in the top left of the grid inside the grid (not on the grid itself)

for set 2 mark the top corner (the same tile but tilted)

i will be online from about 7pmish just icq me with questions or to send me map files (i will only download .txt and .map files and nothing else - that includes "xxx.map .exe"

(got quite a collection of virii in c:\infected, most of them put there myself because my virus checker will not pick up on them)

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

Don't argue with Idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experince.

M

Meinhardt

What are the re spawn time for ore??.

And btw nice map, whish I had one over the mounting that I’m using.

K

Karura

i think i read on stratics its 17 minutes? or is it 20? or something like that.

Of Europa</center>

N

Nirces

it used to be 17minutes 40 seconds (can you tell i'm a power miner) but since the UO:R patch it seems to have randomised to between 15 and 20

also everywhere on a sub server spawns at the same time

if people send requests in i will try to add that area next, once i have finished all the trammel caves (by saturday), i should get the 5 fire isle caves done tonight.

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

Don't argue with Idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experince.

N

Nirces

Ok a couple of new areas added - one by me, one by bevier

total of 4 new valorite and 1 new verite spot added

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

G

Hail...

Is this map the equiv for Fel ?? Do the same spots have the same ore ??

<center><font color=blue>/forum_images/uo/icons/disturbed.gif I Sqweeesshhhh Everyone /forum_images/uo/icons/disturbed.gif<font color=blue></center>

<center><font color=purple>/forum_images/uo/icons/alien.gifGood Travels/forum_images/uo/icons/alien.gif<font color=purple></center>

<center><font color=red>/forum_images/uo/icons/crazy.gif ~Lillandra~ /forum_images/uo/icons/crazy.gif<font color=red></center>

N

Nirces

NO, fel has different Ore, i'm looking for people to help me map fel.

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

D

Drazgal

Once Drazgal can mine Valorite Ill help with the fellucca mapping.

<center>
</center>

N

Nirces

Thanks, i've updated the map again (almost double the size now), Gary Thomson sent me the trammel britain guard zone and i've finished all the trammel caves, map file is getting a bit laggy when adding new labels, i'm going to spilt the file down into ore types and put them in a zip file once i add some more.

Setup a simple website for it: Europa Ore Map

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

N

Nirces

thanks, i will go fix that

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

S

Soltar

Sorry but I think releasing this map is a horrible idea, i think most of the fun of mining is finding new locations. Now anyone can take out their gm miner and go recall around val/ver locations all day and according to a post in the miners forum its very easy to gm mining these days.

I believe that the people that make the effort to map out the entire world should get the rewards. btw i have not personally mapped out much of the world yet.

K

Karura

people dont ahve to use it if they dont want to /forum_images/uo/icons/smile.gif

Of Europa
And Proud Mage of the LBL
<font color=red>So what d'ya say, you can give us the dreams that are mine anyway...</font color=red></center>

J

Jade, GM Smith

I have to say that I love the idea of a wonderful person putting out this map!! I was so sick of getting Killed or losing my horse that I had not moved out of delucia much so that I could just make GM smith. I am really excited aobout finding the higher ores to make excellent armour out of!!

R

Rand of Europa

I may be being very stupid, but being at uni I haven't had a chance to try it out. i'm a bit confused by this bit :

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

if you want the icons to show up correctly goto the resource page and download icons.zip, and unzip it and edit the .reg file (right click menu - edit) to the correct locations of the icons (there are two main sets one for people who use the map like above tilted and one for who don't) save it then d.click the file to run it and make the changes to UOAM

<hr></blockquote>

What do you edit in the .reg file? do you just copy and paste the locations from another file?

It's probably really easy but i just don't understand.

N

Nirces

inside teh icons.zip there are a number of icons and a .reg file, running this file will make changes to your registry.
Edit it first (right click and edit will bring it up in notepad)

inside is a number of settings for each ore type, the last line of each type gives the location of the icon file for that type.

change this to reflect where the icons are and also which set you wish to use (there are more details on this on the resource page) save it then run the file to make the changes to the system

Do this while UOAM is NOT loaded, then run UOAM and drag the map file onto the pane to load it

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

A

AKnowlton

I really appreciate your efforts to provide an accurate mining map! For the first time, I saw the "grid" map. How does that work?

. . . and I thought it was just a game.

N

Nirces

just goto the resource page and download it - its a replacement 1x and lower x-ray bmp, the ones generated by UOAM for caching so that it doesn't have to access the UO maps while yoyu are playing.

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

K

Kofu

got it all working 100% nirces and soon you will have a complete map of Felucca :))

I will start with delucia as the Northern minoc mines have no valorite and verite that i know off, but since all my houses are near there i will eventually map them ;))

<center><font color=red>King Kofu - FounderOrder of the Ebon Hand Europa</font color=red>
<font color=blue>Miss Steel - </font color=blue>Owner of the Pot Shop (Vesper)Felucca /forum_images/uo/icons/biggrin.gif

W

Weyoun VIII

Hmmm.... i really don't think that this map is a good idea. I applaud you for trying to do it, i really do - but surely the best part of mining is discovering new veins for yourself and not going around saying "There should be a valorite spot two squares south of here" It'll also mean more of the "MINE" crowd turning up going "This squares mine, only 17 minutes till it spawns again" Ill wait till its finished and we see the effects till i make my mind up...

R

Rand of Europa

Does the miner map distinguish between felucca and trammel?

I've only used it in trammel, and so don't know what it does for felucca.

N

Nirces

Yes, currently the only spots are in trammel, but now i've finally moved back to felucca (its great, empty reg shops allowing me to buy 1k of each reg in 30min, having titian vally to myself for an hour last night /forum_images/uo/icons/smile.gif oh and no lag /forum_images/uo/icons/lick.gif)
so i will start adding

with UOAM 5.1 you can have labels in trammel/felucca or both.

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

V

Virgil

Why does this thread stay at the top? I can understand why the friendly meeting might be forced to stay at the top, but this seems like an advertisement.

Jude the Fizzle, mediocre mage
Amaryllis, death with a smile

N

Nirces

yes it is an advertisment for the map file which is why it stays at the top, so alot of people can find it easily. I haven't had the time recently to continue updating it, after this week thou i will have some more time. But i've found very few people willing to help :(

Proud citizen of Europa
Europa Ore Map

S

Smolf

i don't think miners will become MINEers like some lich(lord) or other monsters.
17 mins is simply too long.

how is the fel map btw?

Smolf__|/\/\/\/|___&lt;^&gt;___|_Proud member of OEH
Poem for hire and for fun.__|_Often on the run :)
4xgm worrior______&lt;^&gt;___|_fenc, tac, parry, ana
healer by nature___&lt;^&gt;___|_slayer of the creature
Be Happy!________&lt;^&gt;___|_:)

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*ker-bump*

Vote The Kas Posse! (it figured it might as well bump something worthwhile)

<center>
</center><center>/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gif/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gif/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gifVisit The Town Of Eden!/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gif/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gif/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/livid.gif</center>

R

Rhythm

almost at 99 skill .... i can start helping a bit then myself :)
*and always to nice to bring a post like this up a bit &gt;:)*

/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/clown.gif<font color=orange>Buying your T-maps on the Europa shard! #16549991</font color=orange>/shared/forum_images/beige/icons/clown.gif

D

Drazgal

not wanint to go on, but isnt this map against OSi regs now? with that grid thing and all? Im not sure does anyone know? I remember reading something about OSI not likeing it.

<center>
</center>