• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EU down?

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just recalling to my Luna home *bang* connection lost and Europa off the server list.

Pah!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep me too - Looks like its gone walkabout again.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just recalling to my Luna home *bang* connection lost and Europa off the server list.

Pah!

Same here - I was loading a vendor, connection went poof and now Europa is off the server list. Doing better than my hubby though - he was in Despise, Fel!

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awww... I am supposed to be working from home today, and now I can't play uo at the same time!!

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some gave reviewers called uo "A buggy unplayable mess". Made me laugh until you realise its true.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some gave reviewers called uo "A buggy unplayable mess". Made me laugh until you realise its true.
Indeed, but only if you're playing in KR. I keep downloading it, trying it, spitting a bit and deleting it again. I'll stick to my 2d, thank you :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im betting the devs are onto some super duper!!!

Dont be surprized if there a few new burning houses somewere!!!

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, but only if you're playing in KR. I keep downloading it, trying it, spitting a bit and deleting it again. I'll stick to my 2d, thank you :)

I, as they where talking about the 2d version. :sad2:

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa went down, just some mins after we finished the stranger in hythloth....coincidence?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, as they where talking about the 2d version. :sad2:
Dodge .....Hey if u dont play UO or dont like UO thats your ballgame...dont keep posting on here that u think its rubbish...deal with it and move on to another game...

L

Lady_Mina

hey Kaj :)

Yeah it's been down for quite a while now...

Cannot seem to find any up to date site that explains why it's the only server that's down.

The europa server has had worse days then this one...with more population on it...
yet it's offline for some mysterious reason.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the bit that annoys the hell out of me is we have to wait for America to wake up before the techies get onto it. I don't get it. You run a world wide, multi continent and time zone game and you don't provide day time tech support for anyone that isn't in the same time zone as you? Stoopid!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the bit that annoys the hell out of me is we have to wait for America to wake up before the techies get onto it. I don't get it. You run a world wide, multi continent and time zone game and you don't provide day time tech support for anyone that isn't in the same time zone as you? Stoopid!
I'm with you, Europa has been down some hour and a half now and no sign that it has even been noticed. No notification at all on the official site so as ever we are just left in limbo wondering what the hell is going on.

L

Lady_Mina

knowing it's now ...about 7am-10am in america...(depending where on the map)

10 am in newyork and 7am in san fran.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm with you, Europa has been down some hour and a half now and no sign that it has even been noticed. No notification at all on the official site so as ever we are just left in limbo wondering what the hell is going on.
From a purely business point of view, it's a very bad idea. Disgruntled customers tend not to come back or recommend a service/product to others. In fact, they'll tell more people about bad service than they ever will about good stuff, and that's a fact. It would make more sense to have 24hr tech support and actually let folks know what the hell is going on. Even something little like "We're having trouble with Europa, we're not sure what's wrong, but we're doing our best to find out and fix it, please bear with us and thank you for your understanding. Regular updates will be posted - when we know, you'll know." Took me less than 30 seconds to type that out. And that could make all the difference between someone hanging around or the lack of info being the straw that broke the camels back and them departing never to return.

EA, we damn well pay your wages. You might want to remember that.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quote:

SHARD ISSUES

No Known Issues Jun 21 2007 8:21PM GMT (PST +08:00)
There are no known shard issues at this time.

Unquote

Now there's an up-to-date service on uo.com. Oh wait .... what date is it today? Oh ....

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to mention Jeremys on vacation this week.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just logged a support ticket on the ea site, not sure if that will help at all though. hehe.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa went down, just some mins after we finished the stranger in hythloth....coincidence?
Didn't they tell us not to be distracted by the strangers? See what happens if we do?! It's not like they didn't warn us ... :eek:snap:

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is one good thing about this though: the Europa boards have not been this busy for ... errr ... ages?

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dodge .....Hey if u dont play UO or dont like UO thats your ballgame...dont keep posting on here that u think its rubbish...deal with it and move on to another game...

I play UO, and its my ballgame, 10 year vet of tolerance. Come learn some. I posted what a game review said which I and many more would concur with. You probably would have realised this if you bothered to actually read my post.

FYI

Europa Server DownRobert Mull07 Jul 2008 11:28:09The Europa Server is currently down. Our team is working on this issue and more news with be forthcoming. We do not have an ETA on the Europa Server's return at this time, but please keep checking in as we will have more updates.

S

specane

Killing the stranger causes the shard to crash, this combined with the char transfer allowed us to dupe for a while.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not seen anything! But... it appears to have reverted a bit?! Maybe 5-20mins or so?

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww, just thought of that! About 10 minutes too late! Hehe