• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ethy bug?

G

ok ive seen some people in fel that can mount ethys in 2 seconds flat.
its insane how fast they cast even the casting motion is 10 times faster and fix for this in the future?

G

there's an exploit, it allows for mounting while running too.

doesnt that just make you squeal with excitement?

G

it gets on my nerves because it completely makes the dismount special worthless i dismount someone and they are mounted and chasing me while im on foot before i get another shot off

I

imported_The_Dude_

That same exploit lets people walk through about 8-9 tiles of parafields w/o stopping. Sent in over 40 bug reports and its still not fixed. Surprise Surpise. At least they stopped a guy selling ingots.

I

imported_Spiritless

<blockquote><hr>

it gets on my nerves because it completely makes the dismount special worthless

[/ QUOTE ]
I really struggle to feel sorry for you here.

How about.. using tactics other than lame dismount?

G

<blockquote><hr>

That same exploit lets people walk through about 8-9 tiles of parafields w/o stopping. Sent in over 40 bug reports and its still not fixed. Surprise Surpise. At least they stopped a guy selling ingots.

[/ QUOTE ]
After about 10 reports from the same person it goes from being a bug report to just being spam.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

it gets on my nerves because it completely makes the dismount special worthless

[/ QUOTE ]
I really struggle to feel sorry for you here.

How about.. using tactics other than lame dismount?

[/ QUOTE ]
rofl dont get mad cause u get dismounted and owned

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't PvP, but dismount should only happen if both players are on a horse using Lances, period. You see warriors on foot (Mel Gibson; Braveheart), who take the rider off his horse with whatever weapon they happen to be holding at the time, but let's be real here!! There's also not a handgun on earth that will knock the victim on his ass, without also knocking the shooter. Movies....

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't PvP, but dismount should only happen if both players are on a horse using Lances, period. You see warriors on foot (Mel Gibson; Braveheart), who take the rider off his horse with whatever weapon they happen to be holding at the time, but let's be real here!! There's also not a handgun on earth that will knock the victim on his ass, without also knocking the shooter. Movies....

[/ QUOTE ]
since when do we consider uo to be real life?

G

<blockquote><hr>

since when do we consider uo to be real life?

[/ QUOTE ]

So if your character's head suddenly sprouted wings and fried garlic came shooting out of its nose, you'd go, "Hey, why not? UO isn't about real life..."

Even in a world of dragons and magic spells, UO still is an emulation of "real life" in that it adheres to some commonly accepted principles such as sentient bipedal lifeforms, gravity, and basic cause and effect such as dismounting someone with a lance.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the exploit for quick mounting is real. Someone please educate me. Not that I want to be the low lifes who exploit it in order to compete (I just petball my swampy). I just want to learn the secrets of UO.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

<blockquote><hr>

I just want to learn the secrets of UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are on the wrong boards... here you learn game mechanics and general chit-chat.

I

imported_revenant2

There's one thing when someone can run for the last 2-3 seconds of the currently 5-second ethy timer (which they are cutting back to 3 second ethy summon time, I read elsewhere). That's not even a big deal in my observation, and when they change ethys down to 3 second summon times, that thing should disappear of its own accord.

It sounds like he's saying something different, that someone is bypassing the no-remount debuff that occurs to the victim of a succesful dismount?