• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ethereal Voyage

S

Solus

My template is as follows.

120 mage
120 med
120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
110 spellweave

Am I able to tame using Ethereal Voyage? I just dropped my music and peace to max out what I have and pick up spellweaving. If I can, then I can rest easy knowing I have a backup to honor.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My template is as follows.

120 mage
120 med
120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
110 spellweave

Am I able to tame using Ethereal Voyage? I just dropped my music and peace to max out what I have and pick up spellweaving. If I can, then I can rest easy knowing I have a backup to honor.
Uhm .... Hum ....

The few times I played with EV on TC1 (and you can easily test this on TC1 and Retribution) .... Well come to think of it only Retribution as it has an Instant SpellWeaving Gate in the Gate Room that sets all SpellWeaving Quest Flags as completed.

1) I think it has a timer delay for skills. Meaning I think there is a 5 second timer that is required to time out before you can use another skill such as Tame.

2) I think the time on EV is 18 seconds to 30 seconds(?)

I am not sure there is enough time to tame anything that is dangerously aggressive.

I think the intent is to allow one to pass through a dangerous place.

But for sure what you can do that is helpful is to cast the spell that will resurrect you if you die.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) I think it has a timer delay for skills. Meaning I think there is a 5 second timer that is required to time out before you can use another skill such as Tame.
There is no timer I have ever run into using EV to tame. I use it all the time. Between that and Honor I can manage several attempts if needed.

2) I think the time on EV is 18 seconds to 30 seconds(?)

I am not sure there is enough time to tame anything that is dangerously aggressive.
Plenty of time to get at least one tame attempt in. Although if you attempt a second cycle you will come out of EV and be subject to aggro.
Usually what I will do is precast invis and when I come out of EV I will have the Invis cast and waiting for the dragon to aggro on me. When it does I invis until the words reveal me then immediatly cast invis again.
if I am unsuccessful, invis the last time mount the ethy while hidden then run off and either honor or wait out the timer to recast.

Rarely do I have to go beyond a second casting of EV, honor. On those rare occasions I do usually its a really stubborn dragon and takes a huge number of attempts.

Key to victory here is the arcane focus always travel with a 6. If you have guildies that call for circle always make the effort to be there for them that way when you need one they will come focus with ya
:D

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no timer I have ever run into using EV to tame. I use it all the time. Between that and Honor I can manage several attempts if needed.

Plenty of time to get at least one tame attempt in. Although if you attempt a second cycle you will come out of EV and be subject to aggro.
Usually what I will do is precast invis and when I come out of EV I will have the Invis cast and waiting for the dragon to aggro on me. When it does I invis until the words reveal me then immediatly cast invis again.
if I am unsuccessful, invis the last time mount the ethy while hidden then run off and either honor or wait out the timer to recast.

Rarely do I have to go beyond a second casting of EV, honor. On those rare occasions I do usually its a really stubborn dragon and takes a huge number of attempts.

Key to victory here is the arcane focus always travel with a 6. If you have guildies that call for circle always make the effort to be there for them that way when you need one they will come focus with ya
:D
*Shrug* Ok ... :)

But that Arcane Focus 6 :( the highest I have ever had was a 3 off the Arcane Circle in Britain with my other accounts SpellWeaver in it as well.

How long is EV with a Level 6 and 120 SW?

S

Solus

Looks like Ethereal Voyage works good for taming. Just got a reptalon in labyrinth using it. Angering the beast doesn't break it which is nice. focus of 4 to get enough taming time.