• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Ethereal clothing

S

shulginist

CrazyNinja is going to need a signed legal document notarized this will not work! Rumors rumors rumors!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty lame... why do they wait so long till so many people have spent hundreds of mils on this stuff to fix it...

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH WOW! How many years later and now you decide to do something about it after all the profits have been made by the people using an exploit.

Nice job, couple years too late....nice that other people will suffer the consequences.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It finally came from the horses mouth.

I wonder if this is the first of many...

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are going to be dumping that, glacial, maybe europa, maybe two-tone blue/gold.....what's next?

But yet, Sigil, which was illegal...is now not illegal anymore....

This is garbage. Almost as bad when they added the glassblowing option to create vials, hourglasses, etc....

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Well I am just glade none were sold at the Rares Fest. I could just see my icq lighting up with ticked off customers.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Actually guys this is all I was asking for. I mean a pic of a GM saying its illegal or an official post. You was wrong about the black hued items and whose to say you couldnt have been wrong about this? This proves that you were right. end of story.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I think you icq lights up enough, don't you? I am glad for you also :)
That is definitly true...sometimes if I know my icq will have tons of messages I hide out in my Qbomb shelter. Wait for the storm to pass LoL.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a vendor selling an Ethy Kilt at the fest, not sure which one and not sure if it was sold.

N

Nightly Spirit

Well I am just glade none were sold at the Rares Fest. I could just see my icq lighting up with ticked off customers.
This is crap. Last rares fest I spent about 200mil on a full ethy suit, now just to have them take it away... I dont know why they would wait years and years. Makes me think the dev's are the ones who exploited, turned their profit and now its time for the honest people to pay. Truely sad :(

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went directly to Mesanna on this.

She said that the ethy clothing would be "changed to a default hue by the GMs"....

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Yes I had confirmation from an EM stating that Ethereal and Neon Leather Tubs are Illegal.

Unfortunately Gareth, there were many ethereal cloaks sold at the Rares Fest yet no one has complained because they only believe this new law to be a rumor.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Unfortunately Gareth, there were many ethereal cloaks sold at the Rares Fest yet no one has complained because they only believe this new law to be a rumor.
Well we tried our best to keep them off and inform players. That is why we did 1week rentals with renewal. Those not following the rules had vendors set to not renew. I am sorry to hear that some were sold to players.

I wish I could have done more but when you are told to "Stop telling lies" and others saying they are OK to buy not much you can do. I hope players listen to whoever the next "lucky" Rares Fest host is.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope players listen to whoever the next "lucky" Rares Fest host is.
Why the sarcasm? I thought you guys did a great job at this fest, i for one had a blast. Plus someone took the time to write up those books stating what not to buy, not your fault people can't do research.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I say "lucky" because of the massive amount of time you have to put into it, not just the host. It took Chesapeake its first time hosting three months of planning, this one we had three weeks. So all of us were pulling our hair out because there is so much to do. At times your not just having icq conversations with only 5 people, you are having them with 25players at the same time with questions, comments, requests etc. It is very overwhelming and you do not get to sleep much lol

N

Nightly Spirit

Yes I had confirmation from EM Bennu of Atlantic stating that Ethereal along with the dyed items from the Neon Tub are considered ILLEGAL.
Umm... does this mean my neon armor I am still wearing is going to just go poof?

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Yes I agree, Gareth you and your staff did a fantastic job. It was just unfortunate that those people had to dump off their ethy items there.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Yes I agree, Gareth you and your staff did a fantastic job. It was just unfortunate that those people had to dump off their ethy items there.
Thanks and yes ethy item situations was definitely not on the festival event list.

S

shulginist

There was a vendor selling an Ethy Kilt at the fest, not sure which one and not sure if it was sold.
I sold an ethy cloak (thanks/sorry Yible) and pulled the kilt once the news spread.

Just for clarification the cloak sold before any mention of the hue being illegal.

G

Gunga_Din

LOL...negative.

Can't host anymore, i'm out of them yellow crystals.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Didn't you hear you guys get to do it each time!
:gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

Oh HECK NO!!!!!!

Didn't you hear....Chessy is off of the rotation for Rares Fest....like Forever.

WildStar

S

shulginist

Didn't you hear....Chessy is off of the rotation for Rares Fest....like Forever.

WildStar
Ohhh I think I get it now! The staff of the chessy festival going to go from shard to shard to host it! How nice of you all thank you!!!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*glares Daggers at shulginist*

I think you misunderstand, Sir.

*plots shulginist long, slow and very, very painful death*

WildStar

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after the 1st one i didn't think id ever be put in the mood again to do another, but this one was kind of thrust upon me, gareth was like we can't do it unless you run the auction so i was like fine.... id be willing to have another on chessy eventually but lets let a bunch of other shards get opportunities first

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I realize it's really off topic, but I have to say I thought you guys did an awesome job. Normally I just quietly show up to shop but this one was my first as a seller. Everyone I talked to was really nice and helpful. The set up was awesome with it being easy to get from place to place. I apologize for the drool that ended out all over the town banner and ummm more than a few items in the museums hehe.

Thanks a bunch for making my first one a breeze.
Ang

S

Smokey of LS

yea nother classic Fail by UO.... how bout they fix all the bugs they let out of the bag from high seas... basically they got their priorities all wrong, and yea how many years later? like it matters i guess, how many real server births and rares that were legal did that make worthless. UO Fail!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
etheral clothing and probably glacial clothing are going to be rehued so they can sell it at the game code store.