• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Etheral Gorget

• Thread starter Boy Flash
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

Boy Flash

Just wondering the price on said item...Seen the cloaks and robes and crocks but not many gorgets.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a picture of one. Can you get a screen shot, please?

BlissMarie

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That just looks like a pure black plate gorget not ethereal if im not mistaken. Still never seen one of those before anyway. Hard to see pic tho.

B

Boy Flash

As one will know all the etheral items are jet black. and yes this is an etheral gorget. So said value would be ?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes all ethereal items show up jet black in pack but ethereal when you equip them, that gorget doesn't look to be ethereal on your neck, looks to stay jet black thus not ethereal.

B

Boy Flash

No it become etheral.. just the screen shot sucks....Still woundering value tho

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes actually i think you may be right, think it shows up black on paperdoll too. Can you post a good screenshot of it on your character in game please?

And never seen any ethereal gorgets before so probably worth a fair bit :)

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
never seen an Ethy Gorget my self id love to see a screen shot and i know Of The Ring has pure black pate mail gorget sold to him by cocopuff. where we found it on a Japanese server.

Picture is in OTR museum

Attachments

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a black plate gorget in my museum, not sure where it originally came from, a friend gave it to me. Also i never thought to try it on lol, have to do that later and see if its etheral :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the jet black plate gorget from the invasion armour set drops???
def same resists 5/3/2/3/2
got a few sets of these?

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine is a etheral gorget heh. I never tried it on lol. Have to try and find out where my friend got it from.

As you can see its black on the paperdoll, but on the char you cant see anything.

Anyone have any ideas what these would be worth?

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine is a etheral gorget heh. I never tried it on lol. Have to try and find out where my friend got it from.

As you can see its black on the paperdoll, but on the char you cant see anything.

Anyone have any ideas what these would be worth?

I'm impressed. I have no idea as to the value.

Boy Flash, I owe you an apology, because I doubted there was such an item.

BlissMarie

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just be carefull guys/gals.....i just tried the black gorget on from the invasion armours set [with the same resist as the picture] and indeed it shows on the paperdoll but NOT on the char.....coincidence?? maybe??so be carefull with this item??

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the rest of the invasion set show up invisible too THP out of curiosity?

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally would be leary of buying "any" etheral gorget. I just tested all color gorgets of the invasion sets, and none are showing for me. I also do not see my jackal's collar. Weird part is I do see the voice of the fallen king. Sounds more like a bug to me, then a true etheral gorget.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally would be leary of buying "any" etheral gorget. I just tested all color gorgets of the invasion sets, and none are showing for me. I also do not see my jackal's collar. Weird part is I do see the voice of the fallen king. Sounds more like a bug to me, then a true etheral gorget.
Voice of the Fallen King is a leather gorget :) Seems this only affects plate gorgets?

D

DVI

the black gorgets have been around for several years. I owned one at a point around 2-3 years ago which i picked up via a trade at the bank for around a mil or two.

my guess is due to a recent change in a patch or to a glitch they and other gorgets have become invisible when equipped and are not truly ethereal, but im sure we'll find out....

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's just a bug w/ the display of the item. There's actually quite a bit of items that don't display on the character sprite, but do on the paperdoll.

If they were truely ethereal, then it would be displayed on BOTH paperdoll & character sprite the SAME as every other ethereal item in the game... w/ the transparency.

They're black platemail gorgets, nothing more, nothing less. Still rare as it's pure black & I don't believe any gorget is, unless invasion and poor eyesight or monitor brightness too low counts :p

Topsy Krett

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I have ethereal shoes... They are indeed true ethereal color... Has anyone ever heard of those?

B

Boy Flash

This item does show up transparent on the paperdoll just like everyother etheral item.... I have found that the value is around 40 mill. This item was not an invasion armour peice.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shows up transparent on the paperdoll? i thought Ethereal items just showed up black on paperdoll and only transparent in game?

you'd probably have to show someone here in game now to prove it.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok here's how you do it "Boy Flash".

1. Log into UO (2D 2D 2D 2D 2D.. It makes this easier...)
2. Equip the ethereal gorget on your character. (Choose a light skinned character to show it best.) (Don't wear other items.)
3. Face your character in a direction that shows the gorget best.
4. Drag the paperdoll next to the character sprite on the ingame window.
5. Press the "Print Screen / SysRq" button on the top right side of your keyboard.
(If your Print Screen button does NOT work continue to 5a.)
(If you're using Vista/7 figure it out.)
5a. Press the "Start" button on the bottom left hand of your screen.
5b. Expand the "All Programs" section.
5c. Expand the "Accessories" section.
5d. Expand the "Accessability" section.
5e. Select & Open the "On-Screen Keyboard" application.
5f. Click the "psc" button on the TOP row, right side. (3rd from the right.)
6. Open Paint
(See below if you don't know how)
6a. Press the "Start" button on the bottom left hand of your screen.
6b. Expand the "All Programs" section.
6c. Expand the "Accessories" section.
6d. Select and Open the program entitles "Paint".
7. PASTE the captured screen.
(To paste...)
7a. Hold the "Ctrl"/"Control" key and press the "V" key.
7b. Open the "Edit" menu (Alt + E), and select "Paste".
8. Move the picture in a left/up movement so the character & paperdoll is visible in the top left. (UO's West direction by radar.)
9. Scroll to the bottom right of the image and drag the little darkblue box UP & LEFT to bring the image dimensions down to a reasonable size to post on the internet.
10. Open the "File" menu (Alt + F), and select "Save As".
11. Enter a file name in.
12. At the bottom of the "Save As" screen open the "Save as type" combobox and select "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)".
13. NOW select the "Save" button.
14. Press the "Post Reply" button here on this Stratics thread.
15. Scroll down the the "Additional Options" section below the message textbox.
16. Click the "Manage Attachments" button.
17. Click the "Choose" button and pick the file you just saved.
18. Click the "Upload" button and let it complete.
19. Type in a message & hit "Submit Reply".

There... Now we can see the item you're trying to price check correctly and if it's truely ethereal you can rip someone off here and sell it for a lot.