• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Error with Pet Summoning Ball?

A

Aboo

Has anyone else had a problem with their pet summoning ball? Only one of mine has the problme but says this when you cursor over it:

Error [TID]: Token Out Of Range : 2 : 1054131

If I unlink it from my pet and relink it, it will work fine until I log out and back in. Then I get the error again. I haven't tested it yet to see if it actually summons my pet when it's like this. I will try to test that tonight.

Has anyone else had this error/problem?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone else had a problem with their pet summoning ball? Only one of mine has the problme but says this when you cursor over it:

Error [TID]: Token Out Of Range : 2 : 1054131

If I unlink it from my pet and relink it, it will work fine until I log out and back in. Then I get the error again. I haven't tested it yet to see if it actually summons my pet when it's like this. I will try to test that tonight.

Has anyone else had this error/problem?
No, I have never seen that with a Summoning Ball.

The nature if the error code seemingly suggest an error in the text file or ability to relate to the pet's name(?)

I would be surprised if it actually did NOT work. I would think it is simply a Text error, nothing more.

I also think you should do a feedback(?) and let them know.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me if I appear stupid, how do I do that?
That is a darn good question and if this were EQ I could tell you in great detail.

I would send the information to Jeremy and I think that is fairly well documented on how to do that, although I must profess complete ignorance on how to do that.

In game, pressing the help button on the character gump should bring up a screen that allows you to deal with various types of problems, one of them should be for reporting things that are not working as you expect them to be. I think this is the one you would want to follow.

In addition, try renaming your pet and see if that some how resolves the issue. If it does then try renaming it back and see if the problem reoccurs. If it does then the problem is definitively with the pets name

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also had this error fairly often since the last Publish/Patch. I just relink the pet and go on about my business.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I first had this happen to me when the shards crashed due to the heartwood stranger event.

I was just happening to be floating in the air at the moment when the shard crashed, when it came back up my balls were all out of sorts with that error.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Whew, I thought it was just me. lol Yep, same thing happening. I also haven't tested whether it actually summons correctly though.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they work fine, it's a minor text error that is fixed by relinking or renaming the pet.

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, indeed it do summon yer pet just fine like that, but don't be usin' yer pet ball out o' a secured container or the container and contents will disappear eventually!

A

Aboo

they work fine, it's a minor text error that is fixed by relinking or renaming the pet.
Yes it does work, I tested today to see if it would summon my pet. However, I have absolutely no idea how many charges it has left because of the error string.

Also relinking your pet to the ball does not work, at least not long term. I relinked my pet to the ball and it worked until I logged off and back on and then I had the same error string.

I haven't tried renaming my pet yet. Guess I will try that. If that doesn't work I may just trash this ball and get another. It's frustrating to not know how many charges you have left.

T

Teeshy

That's been happening to me too - so glad I'm not the only one! =P I don't often use them so hadn't noticed it til yesterday - glad you asked the question to save me doing it ;) LOL!

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had this happen Numerous times on 2 different tamers, and the same types of pet on each tamer, Mare, Cu & Gr Drag. Relinking once didn't fix it, I still was getting the error TID Token out of Range after relinking pet several times. Each time I logged out the ball went Error crazy again. I have not tried again this past week, so no idea if it's still doing it. But it did start, at least with me during the Melissa event.