• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Error applying Patch

• Thread starter Szander LaVey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Szander LaVey

Hi All,

I'm a relatively new player and haven't logged on for close to a week (Oceania Shard). When starting the program last night I got an error message (below) applying the new patch.

I type my username and password and it says Verifying account but nothing happens - can anyone help please or advise what to do?

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uoml_win32_6-0-9-0.rtp( 15429259 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_6-0-9-0.pat( 11 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uoml_win32_6-0-9-0.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

R

Ravenspyre

Delete what's in your patch folder, then try again. If that doesn't work, you will probably have to reinstall as one of your files might of been corrupted.

S

Szander LaVey

Thanks for your help guys. Tried executing as Admin and still the same. Also deleted the patch files and tried again, still got probs.
Will try a full re-install.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before trying a full reinstall, you could check the patchlog file in the UO folder. It should tell you which file is causing the patch to fail. If you have the possibility to restore that file from a backup, you won't have to reinstall from scratch.

L

Lariat

I have this happen about 1 in 10 patches. A clean install will fix it. It won't be fun, but it will fix it.

S

Szander LaVey

I deleted the patch files, did a full re-install and re-patched. Everything is good now. Thanks again for everyone's help!