• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Err this is weird..

S

Shantia

Ok, so i crossed two barrel cactus's together, one blue one yellow. Each one polinated the other sooo i was expecting to get barrel cactus's and i was so excited cause one of them mutated and is producing white seeds. Got my first white seed today and its a water plant *scratches her head* so i ID'd the seed from the other barrel and its a small palm?? this is so weird. Crossing the same type's of plants no longer produces the same plant? All the other crossing between different plants/generations i've done to achive certain plants so far seems to work. Now i've got about 50 seeds of bright orange poppies and pampas grass growing to get pettles and hopefully white crossings of poppies..but this recent crossing tells me poppy to poppy wont produce a poppy 100% of the time.

Mmmmm, the new...uh...twist to gardening is very interesting and i really dont want to see it go!! I want colorful new plants and proper legacy plants :( *pets her pretty bonsi seeds*

PS water plants are ugly! PSS there used to be a gardening website that let you choose the father and mother plant and it would tell you what they'd produce. My link to the site is broken, anyone know of another with the same plant calc? i dont like the one on stratics.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep, it's gettin' confusing out there! but in a fun way!!:thumbsup:

you might be thinking of Tower of Roses, imho the very simplest site for plants ~ it should be noted that the site, altho up, is not maintained with new information

water plants, while not as showy as some others, are great as bases and for giving some character to grassy areas

S

Shantia

There's this: http://uo.stratics.com/content/basics/plantcrossing.php right here on Stratics, but with what's happening lately I'm not sure how much use it will be.
Yea the one on stratics is just a "hey i wanna make this show me how"...the one i remember actually let you put in like a lilly and a century plant of green and purple and it would say something like Off spring will be a lilly or a century plant 50/50 with blah of coloring. I miss that lil tool.

F

Flora Green

It was probably celticmoon and was hands down the best gardening site. Unfortunately, it's gone, but I *think* there's some saved pages of it on internet archive. Maybe I still have a couple other decent sites marked. The Stratics guide doesn't cut it. I'll check now.

Best I have bookmarked.
Plant Hysteria

Decent site with enough info to get you started.
Gardening

Not informative, but has plant pics in KR.
Rivendell

S

Shantia

Thank you Flora, plant hysteria had exactly the kind of calculator i had remembered!

F

Flora Green

You are most welcome. I did find the archives of Celtic Moon, but only some of the links/pages work.