• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Episode 20 - Did I Just Get Owned?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Episode 20 – Did I Just Get Owned?​

I’m not a fan of being owned, I admit that. I try to avoid it at all costs… But sometimes, not even one so amazing as I can avoid biting the dust…

Read Episode 20...

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Much better story this time. It was much more interesting to read without the constant use of the word my awesomeness.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you. I wrote this story with your suggestions in mind.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I wanna make sure I got this right Gerbiler of OTF;

You stole from someone that was AFK, and after stealing a few items you got guard whacked. Then you came back and thru a ninja star at the same AFK player, killed him and dry looted him. And did anyone else notice that he TOO was thinking it was lame by not showing everyone those awesome +5 skill scrolls. Also we all know that AFK stealing AND THEN AFK killing has got to mean this person did some evil to him SO great he has to post it.

What the hell are you writing a story bragging about killing someone AFK. I had thought this was a thieves story.

Again a player that has the stealing skill goes beyond the limit and steals from someone AFK (that has gotta bring some joy, just like taking a 20 dollar bill thats hanging from some ladies wallet in a checkout line). Then when the camara catches you in the act, you go back and grief the player for you getting caught. Then lets add a little extra "Siege" spice to the grief and make a post stroking your fur and showing awesomes AFK thieving skills.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing from, and killing, AFK people is a perfectly acceptable activity. It's how people learn to not go AFK in public.

Not sure it's exciting enough to post about though.

A_Mhul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's nothing wrong with the actions...that's Siege. But there's nothing worth writing or reading about other than "look at me, look at me!...and generate some add revenue for my site too plx!"
So far they're all pretty weak, lame stories. Give us something of actual quality like the old Adam Ant or Imanewbie stories. Those had substance and a real story worth reading.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stealing from, and killing, AFK people is a perfectly acceptable activity. It's how people learn to not go AFK in public.

So your opinion is law huh? Because you (and your position) says its OK then buy all means thats great. Your opinion SUCKS. I have looked in my 2 inch thick book I got with the game and I cannot find one thing about AFK killing or it being perfectly acceptable.

Someone giving up there stuff buy handing it to another player is perfectable acceptable. As long as the other guy GIVES the stuff to another player then its not cheating. The book says that trading with other players is expected. Thank You for justifying Diablo.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMGWTFBBQ, we'z dun disagree so EAT STRAWMAN!

*Guardian KX summons STRAWMAN!*
*It is super weak!*

If I had more than 45 seconds to vebally pancake-slap you before I had to leave work, I'd totally be all over it like Diablo on an AFK bank sitter. But I don't, so don't take everything anyone says off-handed as THE LORD'S GOSPEL TRUTH AND ALL WHO DISAGREE ARE THE DEVIL AND MUST BE DESTROYED.

Let's just agree to disagree, and try not to ****** all over my post again without just cause.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*frowns* What the hell is going on in here?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't bother taking pictures because they were 4 110s and a bad 115. he had a 105 as well that I didn't bother to steal but later took when looting him. Please understand, these are not meant to simply brag about what I stole. Many of the good items I steal never make it into an episode. Rather, I try to humorously portray what took place without adding or taking away from the actual events.

Unlike ImaNewbie, my episodes are not staged. These all take place and a person watch what happened would agree with my portrayal of events. Not every theft will be amazing, not every amazing theft will be an episode.

I try to engage in a wide range of thievery related activities when out and about. This episode was written with a suggestion/request by czarina in mind. I do appreciate feedback but if you don't know or tell me what you want to see, I can't go out and make that show up more often.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Part of the intent of the story was to remind people it's not terribly smart to go afk in luna. Consider it a public service announcement if you didn't like the write up ;)

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is siege people and guess what!! We have thieves here oh my! Get over it. Every one knows you dont sit afk in luna and that is a perfect example of why. Its been this way for years and years and years. If your in the open expect bad to come knocking at your door. We have all learned our lessons and lessons they were! I remind you all of a post about a certain someone killing a certain crafter in her house in mag just to show it can be done. There is no 100% safe spot on siege. People kill you inside your house and outside your house. Thats what makes siege siege. If you dont like smurfys stories then dont read them. Hes not twisting your arm demanding you to like them. I personaly enjoy his stories. Its about time we had someone actualy updating thier page with new ones. For this i commend you smurfy.

As for all the whiners if you dont like what siege has become then be gone or shaddup.

/end rant

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So your opinion is law huh? Because you (and your position) says its OK then buy all means thats great. Your opinion SUCKS. I have looked in my 2 inch thick book I got with the game and I cannot find one thing about AFK killing or it being perfectly acceptable.

Someone giving up there stuff buy handing it to another player is perfectable acceptable. As long as the other guy GIVES the stuff to another player then its not cheating. The book says that trading with other players is expected. Thank You for justifying Diablo.
hahahaha

How can you be soooo outraged about a guy stealing items from a back pack but then turn around and defend a known scammer and his actions???

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:eyes:
*frowns* What the hell is going on in here?
*gives Kelmo a hug*

:eyes::eyes:

Something's happenin' here
what is it ain't exactly clear...
there's a thief and a pk over there,
some one's sayin' "player ya gotta, beware"
-----------------------------------------
:)
I'm OLD
thus certain words, or questions by anyone anytime,
may just auto trigger a 1967 song,
to pop into my mind, to answer ye 'youthful', question. :) LOL

sooo

For what it's worth......

YouTube - ‪Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth [Very Good(-) quality / No mpg4 resolution]‬‏

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol i love that song! Your version is better tho! thanks for the link ive played it 4 times now.

B

Black magick

This is siege people and guess what!! We have thieves here oh my! Get over it. Every one knows you dont sit afk in luna and that is a perfect example of why. Its been this way for years and years and years. If your in the open expect bad to come knocking at your door. We have all learned our lessons and lessons they were! I remind you all of a post about a certain someone killing a certain crafter in her house in mag just to show it can be done. There is no 100% safe spot on siege. People kill you inside your house and outside your house. Thats what makes siege siege. If you dont like smurfys stories then dont read them. Hes not twisting your arm demanding you to like them. I personaly enjoy his stories. Its about time we had someone actualy updating thier page with new ones. For this i commend you smurfy.

As for all the whiners if you dont like what siege has become then be gone or shaddup.

/end rant
:hug: :thumbup1: post count +1

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what we really need Queen Zen - more UO filk.

And UO players need to descend upon any gaming conventions in their area, hook up with other UO players, and sit around late at night with guitars and a few bottles and sing UO filk.

It would do this game a lot of good. And besides, it would be a helluva lot of fun, to boot.

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look closer at the picture. He wasn't guard whacked. He was assimilated by Gib'dat Silver after he went grey looting the corpse, hence the reference to archer. I have never seen a town guard with a bow. Might be interesting though.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look closer at the picture. He wasn't guard whacked. He was assimilated by Gib'dat Silver after he went grey looting the corpse, hence the reference to archer. I have never seen a town guard with a bow. Might be interesting though.
Guardwhacked twice and then killed by gib'dat for the third time. I say as much in the story.

W

wavace

I wanna make sure I got this right Gerbiler of OTF;

You stole from someone that was AFK, and after stealing a few items you got guard whacked. Then you came back and thru a ninja star at the same AFK player, killed him and dry looted him. And did anyone else notice that he TOO was thinking it was lame by not showing everyone those awesome +5 skill scrolls. Also we all know that AFK stealing AND THEN AFK killing has got to mean this person did some evil to him SO great he has to post it.

What the hell are you writing a story bragging about killing someone AFK. I had thought this was a thieves story.

Again a player that has the stealing skill goes beyond the limit and steals from someone AFK (that has gotta bring some joy, just like taking a 20 dollar bill thats hanging from some ladies wallet in a checkout line). Then when the camara catches you in the act, you go back and grief the player for you getting caught. Then lets add a little extra "Siege" spice to the grief and make a post stroking your fur and showing awesomes AFK thieving skills.
Um what?

Rofl.

Still got The Gerbiler on your mind? Did she make that much of an impact on you that you cant get her off your mind years after she last logged in? Amazing...

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Um what?

Rofl.

Still got The Gerbiler on your mind? Did she make that much of an impact on you that you cant get her off your mind years after she last logged in? Amazing...
Yes

Deeeeply. So many souls lost due to your lame gimp actions. Claiming it was the Dev's fault and not your own. Im going to use a Mod's words and say i'd like to pancake slap you into next week (or something like that). But then I'd still have to deal with you next week.

(Shuts up)(Nap time)

W

wavace

HAHAHAHA. Youve made my day once again. It is amazing how one character could have driven you to the brink of insanity and beyond. Im sure, even now, you shudder with just the thought of that character. Tamers were a bane on the real PvPers and drove off more real fighters than anyone else. The Gerbiler came along and put the lesser players, who still claim to this day saying "all attack" is a skill, in their place. Half the time when I arrived on scene, all those lesser players would log off or flee since I took their "pwecious dwaggies" away from them. Ah man, I wish I had the time to get that character out of retirement just to see how you spaz out in general chat again. Alas, I currently do not.
...and as far as the pancake slap comment goes, online or otherwise im not a hard person to find. You may have to come out of mommies basement to find me though. Leave me a forwarding address and I will send you Greyhound tickets ;)

-The Gerbiler

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im going to use a Mod's words and say i'd like to pancake slap you into next week
Verbally. You forgot 'verbally'.

One implies linguistic superiority and can actually be accomplished over the interwebs, the other implies that you never advanced beyond the "Hulk smash!" phase of adolescent development and is not only difficult to prove but irrelevant on a forum.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Episode 20 – Did I Just Get Owned?​

I’m not a fan of being owned, I admit that. I try to avoid it at all costs… But sometimes, not even one so amazing as I can avoid biting the dust…

Read Episode 20...
It did make a better storie :thumbup1:

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is gerbiler of OTF? And who is OTF?
OTF was a guild, Out To Feed if I remember right.
Please do ignore KX; you are doing way more just by posting your stories to help siege.......he on the other hand....

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
OTF was a guild, Out To Feed if I remember right.
Please do ignore KX; you are doing way more just by posting your stories to help siege.......he on the other hand....
I've been here everyday AEowyn... You've been gone forever tho, then you jump in the first chance you get and grasp my leg and start moving wierdly. Oh well... thanks for the attention tho.

And i can definately see your point that these stories will want to make people run to Siege and get us a try... NOT. Ask the 10 or so people that lost there event sandies how well they liked there only time experience on Siege. OH wait, they left and are not coming back they said. Hmmmm... Who else can we ask...? Not one thief to be seen in weeks, unless you count that AFK kill he so awesomely, and man, was it exciting to read (???).

Theres a event coming up that we might get another (one per account) based item. Suddenly there will be 5 thieves there to help the shard population OUT. As in OUT the door and more not coming back. Maybe some will get the clue and only hit peoples names they know have been here a long time, and not bother the people with NEW tags or never before seen names... but that requires intellegence and morals.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And i can definately see your point that these stories will want to make people run to Siege and get us a try... NOT. Ask the 10 or so people that lost there event sandies how well they liked there only time experience on Siege. OH wait, they left and are not coming back they said. Hmmmm... Who else can we ask...? Not one thief to be seen in weeks, unless you count that AFK kill he so awesomely, and man, was it exciting to read (???).

Theres a event coming up that we might get another (one per account) based item. Suddenly there will be 5 thieves there to help the shard population OUT. As in OUT the door and more not coming back. Maybe some will get the clue and only hit peoples names they know have been here a long time, and not bother the people with NEW tags or never before seen names... but that requires intellegence and morals.
Maybe those people who left weren't suitable for Siege.

I want new players but if a player leaves over one event item, then it wouldn't have worked in the long run anyway.

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe those people who left weren't suitable for Siege.

I want new players but if a player leaves over one event item, then it wouldn't have worked in the long run anyway.

OOC: These "new Siege players" are nothing more than cross-sharding event runners and shall be given no quarter. They all come out of the woodwork at every event on every shard. I have absolutely NO regrets taking any of their pixels from them because they are not even from our shard.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OOC: These "new Siege players" are nothing more than cross-sharding event runners and shall be given no quarter. They all come out of the woodwork at every event on every shard. I have absolutely NO regrets taking any of their pixels from them because they are not even from our shard.
I am inclined to agree. What benefit do these multi-shard event runners bring? Do they sell their EM event items for reasonable prices? Do they highlight the fun to be had on siege? Do they log on for anything other than pre-announced events?

I sold all the sandals at reasonable prices, so reasonable that every pair was purchased. The other thieves have been doing the exact same thing, and we all charged less than most people tried to.

We post enjoyable stories about Siege that bring attention to the fun to be had here. The cross-shard event runners do not. The locals on virtually every shard post in uhall that those event runners are a plague on their shard.

Thieves log in whenever we can. Event runners are only on for events and training unattended.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**ponders**

Has anyone seen the chap that made a chr. here like about a week ago, asking in chat for help from someone here, to gate him to...trammel ?

:D

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I am inclined to agree. What benefit do these multi-shard event runners bring? Do they sell their EM event items for reasonable prices? Do they highlight the fun to be had on siege? Do they log on for anything other than pre-announced events?

I sold all the sandals at reasonable prices, so reasonable that every pair was purchased. The other thieves have been doing the exact same thing, and we all charged less than most people tried to.

We post enjoyable stories about Siege that bring attention to the fun to be had here. The cross-shard event runners do not. The locals on virtually every shard post in uhall that those event runners are a plague on their shard.

Thieves log in whenever we can. Event runners are only on for events and training unattended.
You justify your actions by trying to make someone elses lower than yours. (LOL's at further grasp of salvation with the "training unattended" comment from outer space)

:loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser::loser: 7LGM (count um, thats 7). Read the topic and I think you have your answer to the thread question...

W

wavace

The Gerbiler was an honorable man from so many years ago who brought justice to the real PvPers of this shard. When there was a naked tamer who thought PvP was saying "all kill" and putting two pets on a fighter he was there. When there was a whiner who ran his mouth against the shard, The Gerbiler was there to put him inhis place. The Gerbiler ran a template of
100 detect hidden
75 stealth
100 hiding
115 peace
120 music
100 ninja
100 disc

The Gerbiler put the saddest group of players on this shard in check (the tamers.) The Gerbiler was hated by many, but was so respected that when his guild would log off, he would assist his guilds enemies in their fights against tamers. The Gerbiler was THE best tamer killer on this shard. The hatred against The Gerbiler was so great that there are screen shots of players wanting to harm the man behind the character IRL.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The Gerbiler was an honorable man from so many years ago who brought justice to the real PvPers of this shard. When there was a naked tamer who thought PvP was saying "all kill" and putting two pets on a fighter he was there. When there was a whiner who ran his mouth against the shard, The Gerbiler was there to put him inhis place. The Gerbiler ran a template of
100 detect hidden
75 stealth
100 hiding
115 peace
120 music
100 ninja
100 disc

The Gerbiler put the saddest group of players on this shard in check (the tamers.) The Gerbiler was hated by many, but was so respected that when his guild would log off, he would assist his guilds enemies in their fights against tamers. The Gerbiler was THE best tamer killer on this shard. The hatred against The Gerbiler was so great that there are screen shots of players wanting to harm the man behind the character IRL.
There was no such thing. He would sit at the bank for hours at a time casting mirror image, the spell results were bugged, and the resulting honest player that attacked a gray char (the mirror was blue) in town would instantly get guard wacked. This then resulted in him sitting at the bank taunting the honest player to the point of hatred. Most people never came back. He was pulled into jail many times to stop using this "bugged" action. OVER and OVER he got pulled in by GM's to "Please stop using this bug that they are aware of and are doing are best to find a fix", He would argue with them every time that "He wasn't doing anything wrong".

Your PvPing with him was good, as you did what was needed to deal with Tamers in PvP guild fights. But your long term actions using the same thing for weeks and months at a time washes away any type of "Good" style game play. He was OTF people, and if any of you know what this means, then I have nothing further to say.

W

wavace

There was no such thing. He would sit at the bank for hours at a time casting mirror image, the spell results were bugged, and the resulting honest player that attacked a gray char (the mirror was blue) in town would instantly get guard wacked. This then resulted in him sitting at the bank taunting the honest player to the point of hatred. Most people never came back. He was pulled into jail many times to stop using this "bugged" action. OVER and OVER he got pulled in by GM's to "Please stop using this bug that they are aware of and are doing are best to find a fix", He would argue with them every time that "He wasn't doing anything wrong".

Your PvPing with him was good, as you did what was needed to deal with Tamers in PvP guild fights. But your long term actions using the same thing for weeks and months at a time washes away any type of "Good" style game play. He was OTF people, and if any of you know what this means, then I have nothing further to say.
Actually he was pulled into jail twice. Once he made reference to a quote made by the devs that what he was doing was well within the rules and he demanded to be returned to game play promptly. Within 10 seconds he was back playing again. The second time he was not so nice. When he was pulled in he demanded to speak with a lead GM and spoke with a character in a black robe who agreed with The Gerbiler. After that the GMs recognised The Gebiler as a good player who only wished to follow the current rules and keep the tamers in check.
I do apologise for any hard ships I created for you in game that spilled over into your real life. Affecting you IRL to the point of needing counseling was not my intention and I only wished to defend myself in game against your somewhat lame template.