• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eodon Patcher loading screen.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please remove this, it looks bad.......and I mean BAD!!

It's bad enough that the Dragon turtle champ looks like he's straight out of Manga but the loading screen???
There's NO excuse for cartoon graphics on that!.
Those dinosaurs look rubbish and again like they came straight out of an episode of a manga cartoon.

Are you trying to go full Asian market?? Manga is NOT Ultima Online and y'all need to remember that.

Sort it out, it's not good enough. :lame:

*rant over*

xteox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've seen it today for the first time.
I am still trying to close my mouth that seems to be stuck in a "omg what's going on" position.
It is pretty amateurish, if it was me i would have just left the stygian abyss one instead of the new.
Hopefully it will be changed.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
On the other note: You don't think advanced and mythic tokens are already a bit P2W?
I see your point and it is true in a way. You do get an edge, but UO has so much to do that I don't even feel I have to compete for anything. The F2P game I was in, well...the level cap and skill cap were increased with each expansion every 6 months. You could buy 30min cards to get 2x Exp, etc (Exp cards and Skill cards were different, of course, so you had to dish it more cash). So if you pump money into it (I spent almost 1000€ and was far, far, far away from the top players) you can create such a big distance from other players that they can never catch up without injecting big money as well. Not to mention that the only thing I ended up doing was a non stop grind fest. In UO you also grind, but compared to the other game it's child's play. I think in UO you don't create such a disparity with the available tokens, especially because you need to know what you are doing as skill alone gets you no where, the real disparity you see in UO comes from comparing ourselves with players who have been playing for maybe more than a decade and have amassed massive fortunes...but in the end I feel they deserve it because UO demands skill, commitment, hard work, etc and not just a credit cards and an in game bot system so you characters can train automatically day/night without almost any supervision. Anyway that's my 2 cents on that.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminds me of this:
Pokémon

To bad Jeff Skalski isn't still around. I bet he'd be releasing a UO trading card game right about now -because you know they're fun!

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a lengthier post, but on second thought, I don't want to start ranting around Stratics again. I'm getting too old for that.

I unsubbed in March, but Time of Legends actually got me to check out the game again. So here's my 2¢, after reading the comments here and in the longer thread in UHall (the real Spiels N Rants forum :D).

It's a nice picture. I don't need to comment on whether it hits all the marks for me. No, the splash screen probably doesn't stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the Hildebrandt, or the promotional art for Stygian Abyss and High Seas; and there's nothing wrong with criticism, but originally I theorized, maybe Broadsword leveraged their development resources on new systems and mechanics (nothing wrong with that; it's a smaller studio nowadays).

However, I believe that would also be putting my foot in my mouth: they've developed an entire new facet, which includes a ton of great art assets, as well as new anniversary items.

But...a sizable Eastern playerbase helps UO's world-wide audience pay Broadsword's bills. They're customers too.

BTW, no one seems to be commenting on the classy new log-in screen (which looks like it's part of a larger art asset...).

2015-10-05_00003.png

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody is commenting on the "classy new screen" as it's only for the EC and nobody plays that ;)