• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Entering Private homes

G

I walked by a private home today and stepped on the stairs not thinking I would be able to enter the house but I did. How is this possible? I was able to walk all over the house up and down. This particular house didn't have doors just teleporters. I read often about lock downs disappearing I wonder if this is one step toward that?
I have been by this house before and have not been able to step on the stairs. Something changes to let me be able to do so.

G

Are you sure that they did not change to public in preparation to placing vendors, then customize it?

Customizing seems to reset door/teleport security to "Everyone" so if they did change to public THEN customized it, that may explain why you could enter and stroll around.

G

I checked the sign this morning and it said private. When I Dbl clicked the sign just the sign came up also to recheck it. This isn't a high traffic area none of the homes have vendors in this spot except one for Bod storage. The house design has remained the same for the last few months since I have been here.

G

I was searching for IDOCs when I came across a similar situation. I was able to stand on the steps of home set as Private, but was now owned by OSI... perhaps that has something to do with it?

G

There used to be a bug that if there was no wall on the east side ground floor you could run into the house...found that by accident trying to get away from someone in Fel actually. I believe that has been fixxed.