• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

enjoying myself

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I am playing LOTRO under a free trial and rather enjoying myself. It's a nice break from all the screaming and complaining on UO right now.

I had signed up for the F2P beta, but haven't gotten in yet, but I'm on the 10 day free trial which is giving me a good idea of what to expect from the game.

I have made three different characters, and right now I'm really enjoying the minstrel as a solo player. Anyone have suggestions?

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what LotRo server you on? i'll be re-activating my account this friday, my main is on Windfola

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Landroval right now. I'm not committed to anything though, I will probably wait for the F2P version to come live and then roll new characters

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orvago is on Landroval i think, i have a low level elf hunter there as well i need to start leveling up let me know when you will be playing i can show you around, my main on Windfola is Valfelan 62 elf hunter

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard somewhere I can buy the MoM expansion for about 9.99 and then I'll have some advantages when it goes F2P, is that true?

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
once you have an account you should be able to go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/ and upgrade to whatever expansion package you like, my account is current so it doesn't give me any options to upgrade. cant help ya there :-/

S

SimpleZen

Nice to hear another new player with a great experience in Lotro :thumbup1: It's a great MMO and I'm looking forward to the changes with F2P so I can still play it casually when I don't have the money to spend. It's definitely one of the better, smoother mmo games on the market, and it has a very distinctive style in art design and gameplay. I hope Turbine's decision will help the game continue to grow a lot more.

K

Kendra_of_Umbra

curious if I'd be able to use my old Minstrel character (was at the cap when the game first came out think it was 50 or 60 can't remember) on the f2p if so I'd be down
since I spent a CRAP load of time on that char

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
curious if I'd be able to use my old Minstrel character (was at the cap when the game first came out think it was 50 or 60 can't remember) on the f2p if so I'd be down
since I spent a CRAP load of time on that char

If you still have the same account, I would think there would be no change to your existing chars.