• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhancing

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Months ago I enhanced a leaf gorget with yew wood using a forged tool and it went from 3hpr to 4hpr. Today I enhanced a leaf tunic with yew wood using a forged tool and it went from 3hpr to 1hpr. I also grabbed a lesser magic leaf arms from a swoop that had only a couple properties including 2hpr. I enhanced that with yew and it went from 2 hpr to 1hpr.
This has to be a bug and should be fixed quickly or players will start loosing hpr on armor. Along with the bug fix, they should fix the armor that was downgraded by it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It might be a "working as intended" stealth nerf.
Cross post on the official forums and ask about this.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not too familiar with enhancing so pardon the ignorant question ...

I notice this item is brittle. I know that durability drops if you POF a brittle piece, so would trying to enhance an already brittle piece screw up the mod? <shrug>

like I said ... ignorant question from a noob in enhancing.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I created a piece and imbued it with 2hpr. I then enhanced it with yew and as you can see, it went down to one. Just like when you enhance a 150 luck shield with gold it will add the 40 luck and not actually take it down to 40.

gloves.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not too familiar with enhancing so pardon the ignorant question ...

I notice this item is brittle. I know that durability drops if you POF a brittle piece, so would trying to enhance an already brittle piece screw up the mod? <shrug>

like I said ... ignorant question from a noob in enhancing.
You are thinking of Antique.

Brittle starts at 255. Can not be POFed. He will repair when lower and it will start again at 254. Then repeat.
Will last years on his mage.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I created a piece and imbued it with 2hpr. I then enhanced it with yew and as you can see, it went down to one. Just like when you enhance a 150 luck shield with gold it will add the 40 luck and not actually take it down to 40.

View attachment 90569
This really sucks, and its a waste of both money spent on the tool, and effort/time to get the item that now is damaged..Cannot be "as intended". Its just a crappy bug.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> Cannot be "as intended". Its just a crappy bug.

Like I said, it could be a stealth nerf. Have we had stealth nerfs before? Yes, yes we have. Remember when Bleak put in the Lose A Swing mechanism for bushido & chivalry spells and abilities and didn't tell anyone about it?

P.S. Bleak, the Lose A Swing still sucks and I still wish that would be reverted, and while you're doing that, also revert the stealth nerf to Evasion.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was told on UO site that it does not stat hp regen and has never done so. How does that make any sense whatsoever? Every other enhancing property stacks when enhancing except for when you use yew on wood armor for hp regen. I have raised hp regen before doing this but no sense in arguing with them. The point is, they should make a huge footnote explaining it does not stack and will bring your hp regen down. Anyone enhancing like I did would read that as a stackable property just like gold does for luck and all other materials do for resists.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
On the material bonuses site the first line says it adds to the base property of an item. I had 3hpr and adding to that by one it would be 4. If I enhance with spined, 9 would be added to my physical resist and 40 luck would be added to my base luck property if I have it. It would not actually give it 9 resist and 40 luck unless the item did not have those properties to begin with.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yew wood most definitely did stack ages ago. When Mondain’s Legacy expansion first came out folks were making the Darkwood armor sets with runics & getting randomly 2 hpr on some pieces. Then they enhanced with Yew wood & it would stack to 3 hpr.

This was unintended at the time & made for prob the best op warrior suit in the game. It didn’t last long as Devs realized what players were doing and nerfed it. One thing they did was make all hpr from enhancement not stack by overwriting with the single intended +1 hpr.

There’s no way you had this working for enhancing months ago unless you encountered some bug. It’s possible they stealth fixed what they saw as a bug. This hasn’t been possible normally on armor for well over +15 yrs.

I made the suit back then & still have one saved for posterity.

It’s working as intended even if the original issues it was nerf for are now outdated.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yew wood most definitely did stack ages ago. When Mondain’s Legacy expansion first came out folks were making the Darkwood armor sets with runics & getting randomly 2 hpr on some pieces. Then they enhanced with Yew wood & it would stack to 3 hpr.

This was unintended at the time & made for prob the best op warrior suit in the game. It didn’t last long as Devs realized what players were doing and nerfed it. One thing they did was make all hpr from enhancement not stack by overwriting with the single intended +1 hpr.

There’s no way you had this working for enhancing months ago unless you encountered some bug. It’s possible they stealth fixed what they saw as a bug. This hasn’t been possible normally on armor for well over +15 yrs.

I made the suit back then & still have one saved for posterity.

It’s working as intended even if the original issues it was nerf for are now outdated.
Likely scenario is this, at some time in recent past the nerf that made it not stack was broken, it went unnoticed for a while and then eventually enough people noticed it and then it was reported. They then slipped in a stealth re-fix and here we sit at this moment discussing this scenario. that or it randomly does still stack and the OP has at least one piece with nice HPR . my personal favorite is there was a glitch in the matrix due to the machines altering it for nefarious purposes, such as stealing my cookies.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So hpr was too OP but literally EVERYTHING else stacks.... only in UO.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You are thinking of Antique.

Brittle starts at 255. Can not be POFed. He will repair when lower and it will start again at 254. Then repeat.
Will last years on his mage.
You're right. Went back and looked at the piece I mucked up ... Antique. I coulda sworn it was brittle. <sigh> Thanks!