• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

enhancing items

D

Doozy

imo enhancing has always been pretty lame.

I usually hunt with a 1000+ luck suit and if i hunt all day killing named monsters i might get a couple of set pieces, a few minor arties, some treasure chests and a total of 3-4 magic items worth keeping.

Now the problem is the mods on the items oh so rarely combine to make a good item that you can just wear straight away.
With imbuing being the next big thing I can now see even less of a reason to try to enhance something.

Apart from breaking the armor or weapon (which i think is way too harsh, should be removed and replaced with a hefty resource cost) the mods and bonuses you get from enhancing armor and weapons are seriously lacking. I mean enhancing a weapon with say valorite, only changes the damage types the weapon does, it really doesn't "add" anything to the weapon! Is that really worth the risk of enhancing it? More often than not the answer is a resounding NO!
With armor the situation is much the same... is adding ~10 resists to an item worth such a high risk of destruction? I think not.

Now imbuing can pick and choose which mods to have on the item at the cost of durability.
Well i propose something slightly different for enhancing.
I think the different metals should have flat bonuses to certain properties when trying to enhance weapons (like fletching). eg. enhancing valorite to a weapon results in +10% mana leech +10% damage. enhancing to armor results +1MR, -2% mana cost and the standard resists. (these are just examples). Also if you make a runic weapon with the example valorite, you will know you're going to get the +10% mana leech and +10% damage.
This would make runics slightly more powerful and make BOD running slightly less of a PITA.

As it stands i think runics and bods will just be a sideshow to making you're next big imbue.

This change would increase the competition between smithing/tailoring and imbuing. You can choose a few flat mods through smithing and tailoring, or customise with imbuing at the cost of durability.

Anyway I think imbuing is on the right track with removing some of the "lottery" results you get with making and finding items, but i feel more steps are needed in that direction. Why not continue with the other trade skills?

signed: some guy with too much time on his hands on a lazy sunday morning. :D
ps. spelling and grammar haven't woken up in the brain yet. please excuse.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as far as I remember ...

- you pof a weapon to max dura
- you imbue your mods onto it
- you use it until its wear down for maybe 30-50% durability
- you can try to enhance with dull copper to increase durability for 'some' points (or break the item and loose it)