• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Enhancing for 100% Elemental Dmg

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Using Bronze (+40% Fire Damage) to enhance a weapon, when I roll a reforge of Physical + 60% or better fire, gives me 100% fire. Everytime.

Using Agapite (30% Cold, 20% Energy) to enhance a weapon, which was Physical + 60% Cold, ...gave me... Nothing. Enhance was successful, but dmg remained 40 Physical 60 Cold. What am I forgetting?

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If it was successful it should have gone to 90% Cold 10% Energy. 30 Cold on the front end, and 20 energy (10 in this case) on the back end.

I've never experienced any bugs or have it not have it work on me, and I've enhanced ALOT of stuff.

Sometimes you have to actually move the item from one place in your pack, or to another container in order to see the effects kick in. I've had that happen on many occasions...it's successful, but the enhancement doesn't display until you move the item.

Go back and take another look at it?:tongue:

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If it was successful it should have gone to 90% Cold 10% Energy. 30 Cold on the front end, and 20 energy (10 in this case) on the back end.

I've never experienced any bugs or have it not have it work on me, and I've enhanced ALOT of stuff.

Sometimes you have to actually move the item from one place in your pack, or to another container in order to see the effects kick in. I've had that happen on many occasions...it's successful, but the enhancement doesn't display until you move the item.

Go back and take another look at it?:tongue:
Ok. This is swell. It worked. Odd. Ty moving it was key. Unfortunately, I just decided to turn Loren into a Bushadin, so I have a 1h for... idk :). Yet

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've had that bug happen to me a number of occasions - it seems to happen more with tinker enhancing than blacksmith.

As for a 1H weapon for a bushido user, the option there is to go shieldless. While Bushido gives a parry bonus for 2H, and a penalty for 1H + shield, it has neither a bonus nor penalty to parry if using a 1H weapon without a shield. Granted, you'll lose whatever bonuses there are on the shield, but I've seen it done.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Go with 120 bushido, put 60 in parry and wear the most powerful shield you can.
You will pretty much never have to repair it. I do just that with one of my dexxers.

Sure, you won't parry much, but I don't miss it. The powerful mods on the shield more than make up for it.