• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Enhancing changes?

Jimmy Pop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have they changed the way weapons can be enhanced?

I have a Radiant Scimitar that has the following elemental damage on it:

10 Physical
40 Fire
30 Poison
20 Energy

I enhanced it with Bronze expecting to gain 40 Fire damage making it a total of 80, while taking away from Physical first, then from poison or energy or combination of both.

I got back the exact same thing I started with. NO CHANGE. I tried to enhance it again to make sure it "took" the first time and got the "item is already enhanced" message.

So with embuing did they eliminate the addition of elemental damages through enhancing?

I apologize if this is covered somewhere, I did search a bit but didn't find this addressed.

Jimmy Pop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking that may be the way it is now.

I know in the past it was possible to enhance up to 100% weapons, adding the percentage to the elemental damage.

I haven't smithed in ages so things could have changed a while back.

*Edit: Ok, it worked. I had to refresh my pack I'll bet. I logged back in and checked at the weapon is now

50 Fire Damage
30 Poison Damage
20 Energy Damage

As I recall it always takes from Physical, I thought it might have been "takes from Physical FIRST" but seems it only alters Physical Damage.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enhancing weapons has only ever changed the physical on a weapon and has never reduced other elemental damages.