• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhancing bow question.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Which do I enhance this bow with, ash or yew? Would swing speed make it more valuable or damage and HCI?

G

Find out how much stam you need to swing it at cap. If that's a low number, then enhance with yew or frostwood, otherwise, ash.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a 3 second weapon, so with 90 dex and the 30 ssi, you swing every 1.5 seconds. Its stays 1.5 if you go to 40 ssi as well. If you have 120+ dex its also a 1.5 weapon with 30 ssi, but goes to a 1.25 with 40 ssi. Personally I would think the hci and di would be more valuable, but I wanted to get some public opinion.

G

Yes, I think you are right. Yew or frostwood is the way to go.

G

agreed with the consensus , but I don't think it will be more than 100-200 K even enhanced.

G

And I think that when you add to a characteristic already present, your chance of breaking it goes up. I.e. the higher the SSI already there, the harder it is to add more SSI.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a pretty nice bow for a Necro or a Paladin, I'm fairly certain the bow is worth much more than 200k. However, I will likely be keeping the bow for personal use unless I come up with a really nice one from my yew fletching kit.