• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Enhancing after Imbuing Leather Armor

M

mutau

What are your tips/methods to successfully enhancing your imbued leather?

After losing 3 sweet pieces, I'm now trying the shot of Jack and praying method with eyes closed.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's about all you can do. I've tried sacrificing a goat, but that didn't work so well. Basically if you are enhancing with barbed or horned you can count on losing four out of every five pieces you make.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IF you have a religious preference, pray/give offerings to whatever god/saint/mystic puffball etc. has good fortune in their portfolio.

If you're an atheist, you're on your own.

But, seriously, if you're enhancing for luck, try to have the piece have as low physical resist as you'll be able to tolerate. After all, that +5 to physical from the spined leather is a pretty difficult enhance check, just by itself. Going from 2 to 7 or even 5 to 10 might be fairly easy. But trying to enhance it from 17 (fully imbued) to 22 is nearly as likely to make it break as the adding 40 luck to the imbued 100. (going from 100 to 133 intensity, for the resist, compared to 100 to 140 intensity for the luck)

For resists:

If energy is the highest resist on the item, you're probably better off enhancing with horned, to reduce the break chance on that check.

If fire is the highest resist, you might be better with Barbed leather.

If both are at max imbue level or higher, it's your call. Both are likely to break.

If the item has high resists in all EXCEPT Physical, and has little or no luck, you might actually have the best enhance chance with Spined!

M

mutau

Thanks for the tips!

I don't have a goat, and my neighbor might think I'll eat his goat if I look at it. LOL.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless your trying for extra luck. Isn`t it best to make your armor out of Barbed or Horned before imbueing? Then you don`t have to worry about breaking it. Or is this done to get extra resist on the piece beyond what the cap is for imbueing?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Unless your trying for extra luck. Isn`t it best to make your armor out of Barbed or Horned before imbueing? Then you don`t have to worry about breaking it. Or is this done to get extra resist on the piece beyond what the cap is for imbueing?
Unfortunately the bonus for special materials is added in to the calculations for imbuing before the item is imbued. So for example if the maximum intensity of fire resist for leather sleeves is 19, it is still 19 even if you make it with horned leather, which provides a +3 to fire resist. The only way to make an imbued leather armour piece with an imbued fire resist of 22, is to enhance it after you imbue it.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the clarification that will come in handed on my next imbued suit :D