• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhancement: Commas for vendor prices

W

Wiseguy

So with the code to add commas for checks. Dev, can you add that for vendor prices as well? It would make shopping so much easier especially for those multi million items. I see vendor pricing like 8111111 all the time as it shortens the display length to try to make people miss one digit.

P

Prince Caspian

I agree. This would really help. Also, I'd like to see some Vendor filter options applied.

#1 - Like I posted earlier, I think vendors with no inventory should appear grey.
#2 - Color on prices... a price appears in red if you can't afford it. Small tweak but would be nice to have.
#3 - A display of your bank balance when you open a vendor pack.
#4 - Seeker option: you can say I wish to seek this item, and get a cursor. Click on an item. Any vendor carrying that item (at any price) will appear in gold.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya that would make alotta since wouldnt it.

I see vendor prices like that all the time.

T

T_Amon_from_work

So with the code to add commas for checks. Dev, can you add that for vendor prices as well? It would make shopping so much easier especially for those multi million items. I see vendor pricing like 8111111 all the time as it shortens the display length to try to make people miss one digit.
Question ... when dropping stuff on a vendor, what is the character that signifies the price versus the description (if desired)? Why, it's a comma is it not?

Soooo, and I do NOT disagree with you ... what other way is a seller to include a price and perhaps a comment? Is there another character or action that can replace the comma?

I

Infiniti

I would truly love it if they had added the commas to the vendors as well. Sometimes I feel like I'm going cross-eyed trying to make out how many zeros there are or as stated the annoying ones. :please:

W

Wiseguy

I don't think you need to change how you currently input the price and description. This should be a change in how they display the item on the vendor. So I would continue to enter "1111111 TAmon Recommended". Currently price will show 1111111 but my proposal it will show up as 1,111,111.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why, it's a comma is it not?
It is a space.

Example:

1000 Description for this fine item that costs 1k gold

----------

So, we see here that the first space in the line is parsed as the separator, and all of the characters following (up to the limit) are interpreted as a description. If we start the line with a non-numeric character instead, the parser will attempt to make it not-for-sale with only a description (bags, books).

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

KR + Bitter Black 3.0 UI = commas in vendor prices plus vendor prices in a golden color to stand out.

:thumbup1:

T

T_Amon_from_work

It is a space.

Example:

1000 Description for this fine item that costs 1k gold

----------

So, we see here that the first space in the line is parsed as the separator, and all of the characters following (up to the limit) are interpreted as a description. If we start the line with a non-numeric character instead, the parser will attempt to make it not-for-sale with only a description (bags, books).
Fair enuff ... was not aware of that one. Objection (such as it was) withdrawn. I saw commas are go in pricing!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes PLEASE