• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced apples...2 minutes delay is just RIDICULES.

• Thread starter imported_Sirion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Sirion

2 minutes delay is just ridicules.

Even when there was no delay, you would be too full to eat again if you had too many apples in a short time.

I only PvM BTW, and the apples shouldn't be nerfed into a 2-minute delay.

Of course, the fix was for PvP. And why must PvM gets suffered everytime when they trying to "balance" PvP? (evasion, specials on UBW...)

G

It should probably be knocked down to 60 seconds. But having no timer at all meant a necromancer was completely ineffective against someone on an empty stomach.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

why there's an item that removes curses anyways is beyond me. Be happy for that item they added in.

G

You can always use Chiv Remove Curse or a Talisman of Curse Removal insead of, or in conjunction with, apples.

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

why there's an item that removes curses anyways is beyond me. Be happy for that item they added in.

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Connor_Graham

Since there are other ways to remove a curse, the delay brings balance to the apples, which it needed. Same goes for Evasion and UBWS balance wise.

The one thing I don't agree on is the casting delay on Chiv and Bushido spells in PvM. It's one thing in PvP when everyone is pretty much on equal footing as far as stats, casting speed, abilities, etc., but monsters don't have these limitations. Unlimited mana, casting speeds that players can only dream about, 10-1000x as many HP's, uninterruptible spellcasting, 100's more skill points in a lot of cases, and so on, have the "balance" adjustments just pushing the PvM'r farther back as to what one can take on without being forced into a group just to do some casual hunting. The casting delays also cause the very low mana pools of warriors to be used up much faster since it takes longer to cast the spells. Cast EoO, then Divine Fury, then Consecrate Weapon, then Lightning Strike, and within a couple of seconds the Cons Wep is already worn off, and DF is just about there whereas before they could be cast one right after the other, so once they were cast you still had quite a bit of time left on the timers.

Just my opinion of course......it's the one change that was made while I was gone from the game that I think was negative towards PvM. As I stated above, the other changes I agree with completely for balance reasons.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

2 minutes delay is just ridicules.

Even when there was no delay, you would be too full to eat again if you had too many apples in a short time.

I only PvM BTW, and the apples shouldn't be nerfed into a 2-minute delay.

Of course, the fix was for PvP. And why must PvM gets suffered everytime when they trying to "balance" PvP? (evasion, specials on UBW...)

[/ QUOTE ]

You most likely are blue since your in trammel farming... So my suggestion would be to go human get high karma and use remove curse it works wonders.... But why would you do that!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Since there are other ways to remove a curse, the delay brings balance to the apples, which it needed. Same goes for Evasion and UBWS balance wise.

The one thing I don't agree on is the casting delay on Chiv and Bushido spells in PvM. It's one thing in PvP when everyone is pretty much on equal footing as far as stats, casting speed, abilities, etc., but monsters don't have these limitations. Unlimited mana, casting speeds that players can only dream about, 10-1000x as many HP's, uninterruptible spellcasting, 100's more skill points in a lot of cases, and so on, have the "balance" adjustments just pushing the PvM'r farther back as to what one can take on without being forced into a group just to do some casual hunting. The casting delays also cause the very low mana pools of warriors to be used up much faster since it takes longer to cast the spells. Cast EoO, then Divine Fury, then Consecrate Weapon, then Lightning Strike, and within a couple of seconds the Cons Wep is already worn off, and DF is just about there whereas before they could be cast one right after the other, so once they were cast you still had quite a bit of time left on the timers.

Just my opinion of course......it's the one change that was made while I was gone from the game that I think was negative towards PvM. As I stated above, the other changes I agree with completely for balance reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive killed everything on uo by myself on a disco tamer so I dont understand your logic....

Ive solo'd doom on my tamer and with these new superdragons It is by far much easier.... So try taking 120 tame/vet/lore/mage/disco/music with a superdragon and be human you should have no problems killing anything in game by yourself... I mean it is an online game and playing by yourself is quite the rage!

D

Death Adder

<blockquote><hr>

It should probably be knocked down to 60 seconds. But having no timer at all meant a necromancer was completely ineffective against someone on an empty stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]Pre-timer, my tests indicated that a starving character would become full after eating 4 enchanted apples. Frankly, I think a decent necro should be able to force his target to burn through 4 of those in less than a minute, much like poisoners force their targets to burn through their GC's.

In any case, I also think 2 min is too long. Given the above facts IMO you don't even need a timer, but if we must, it shouldn't be much longer than 30-40 sec.

C

Connor_Graham

"Ive killed everything on uo by myself on a disco tamer"

Since when did Disco Tamer's use Chiv and Bushido spells and were affected by their casting delays? You know, what my entire post was about?

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well u edited ur orignal post so must have made a mistake im glad you fixed whatever it was...

I use chiv on my tamer for remove curse close wounds and cures not sure the name of them with chiv.

As far as bushido, you must be refering to a bushido/peerless archer which i have one of those...And they dont go to well without the disco tamer (which is human) and able to remove curse for the archer

I know I play 2 characters at once on my desktop/laptop and have no problems at all keeping myself uncursed alive and able to kill anything.

Oh ya and I use protection on my tamer so fc/fcr means nothing.

C

Connor_Graham

Actually, I made no change to my OP, the change was made to add the second sentence to my second post.

And no, I wasn't referring to an archer, but was more thinking about meleers who have more constraints on mana than an archer does due to the need for higher HP's and more spells that are used in Bushido. I was also referring to a single character out fighting something like a Balron, Succubus, or even Miasma.

G

I've often wondered why some of the changes implemented to help balance PvP aren't just configured to apply only when in Felucca. If there is a commonly known reason why this isn't done, please inform me! I was away from the game for awhile, so I've missed alot.

In the case of Siege Perilous...their shard is such a unique environment, or should be if implemented correctly. I'd like to see the day when patches, content, and PvP changes are considered individually for Siege. I don't play there personally, but I have friends that do, and I think alot of the players there would appreciate this.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow, I just realized ididnt even respond to you in thread so how was I suppose to know what you were talking about. I was just giving my 2 cents sorry you took my words out of context.

G

Why isn't there an all Tram server so they can have there constant insta remove curse apples so they dont need chivarly and they can get unlimited power scrolls by clicking on a npc.

G

Why isn't there an all Fel server so that... Oh never mind. *smiles*

G

I thought they were supposed to be a get out of jail free card?

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely ineffective? Strangle isn't the only spell a necro can use. Also, considering there is a limit on how many apples a person can eat before being full AND the fact that a necro can spam strangle, corpse, evil omen and blood oath ad nauseam, the apple was really no issue. After 4-5 apples I'm full. A necro can still go on spamming strangle without delay or penalty. And I wont even talk about wither.

But this isn't just about the necros, it's also essence of wind and mortal. For 2 minutes, mages (mostly) are sitting ducks between the strangle/corpse/mortal/essence spam that you inevitably run into during large fights.

The timer on the apples should be completely removed or at least significantly reduced. And if just reduced, then the spells/specials the apples are meant to counter should be put on a delay between uses.

Strategy should be on both sides. You cannot play strategically when your opponent is the one with all the cards.

C

Clx-

<blockquote><hr>

strangle/corpse/mortal/essence spam that you inevitably run into during large fights.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've lost count of the amount of times i've had to explain this here: A CONSUMABLE ITEM is not the answer to these problems.

Necro has been overpowered since they decided to add in faster casting. Mortal is only a problem from range(archers) and essense of wind is extremely overpowered. They need individual fixes completely unrelated to an item that should never have been added.