• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhance potions question...

G

Does the enhance potions attribute of jewelry effect the creation of the potions or the using of the potions?

G

I read that page but it isnt very clear. Does the enhancement go into the potion upon creation so anyone else that uses the potion gets the bonus or is the enhancement calculated when you use the potion?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Enhance Potions - This property increases the effectiveness of potions used by the wearer by a percentage. Enhance Potion from items is now capped at 50. Player characters with Alchemy skill receive an inherent bonus to Enhance Potion that can exceed this cap. The bonus to Enhance Potion equates to +10% for every 33 points of Alchemy (i.e., 80% at GM Alchemy).
they only effect the person wearing the jewels so when you see people selling kegs that say enhanced they are scamming you here is another link
uo properties page

the key word is the wearer now if you have alchemy on the toon they will still get the alchemy bonus

G

Enhance Potions (EP) mod will only boost the effects of the potion you drink. It must be worn by the drinker at time of drinking. Example, if you have on an Ecru citrine ring with the 50% Enhance Potions mod (which is the cap, used to be 75% untill it was reduced), then you drink a greater strength potion, you get +30 strength stat bonus instead of the regular 20..... (20 x 50% = 30). Or you can wear a ring with 25 EP & bracelet w/25 EP. So at 100 strength you can end up with 130 strength for a little while! Same with Dexterity. Healing is also boosted. I've noticed no better Night sight or no better Invis potion effects with EP. (wish it made them both last longer).

It does not have anything to do with the crafting of the potions. You need to use an Alchemy bonus talisman for better chance at crafting. That link that the previous poster gave is helpful if you plug in your Alchemy skill + any alchy talisman it shows you your chance of success.
Hope that helps.

G

hmm, I've never noticed people selling kegs claiming to be enhanced, but that would surely be misleading.
There are Strength and Greater Strength, Agility and Greater Agility and so on.
Strength = +10
Greater Strength = +20
Add Enhance Potion 50% mod to get to 30. Add Alchemy skill and it'll be even higher.

G

Thanks thats what I needed. Was wondering if i should wear my jewelry when making...and the answer is no

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lol I'm slow just got it funny stuff