• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endless Decanter of Water

K

Kayne

Couldn't find this mentioned anywhere on stratics but found it on UOguide.com

The thing is an absolute god send with cooking or gardening.

Take a pitcher with water in and double click on a water elemental and you get the decanter which refills itself.

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took empty pitchers to Destard, tried clicking the Water Ellies, didn't work. (you can't pour that there) Then I tried filling them up, double clicked on them then the Ellies and they kept shattering.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Where can I find those 'Magic' water tiles again?

Getting ready to grow some plants, be nice if I had some endless decanters handy.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took empty pitchers to Destard, tried clicking the Water Ellies, didn't work. (you can't pour that there) Then I tried filling them up, double clicked on them then the Ellies and they kept shattering.

Getting ready to grow some plants, be nice if I had some endless decanters handy.
I shattered more than 20 to get one. How many have you shattered?

K

Kayne

It can take repeated attempts to get one - I was lucky and got mine first time. Go home link it to a water trough in the house and away you go

TheVampster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I shattered 2. Lol. Not being the greatest warrior yet, got killed once before I got over to the Water Ellies in Destard (was trying to sneak around the north and northeast - didn't work). Got somebody to help me get my body back and help me get to the Ellies, only I had empty pitchers at the time. I went back later by myself with full pitchers and wasn't expecting them to shatter. After getting killed again ( I can't remember if it was the Dragons/Drakes or the Water Ellies), I gave up. I had already came to the boards and left messages, thanks for the replies.

Is there somewhere else I can find Water Ellies that would be easier? Shame perhaps? I can handle Earth Elementals.

What about the magic water tiles in the ocean? I tried looking for these near the shore. Did they take these out?? I remember seeing these before.

At least somebody left on the other posts that they appear in your pack because they throw them back I guess. Because up until I read this a bit ago, I had no idea. I just figured when they shattered, I wasn't doing something right.

K

Kayne

Vampster, until i discovered the decanter I kept trying the water tiles (of which there is one on a bridge in vesper) but with no luck at all.
The decanter is definitely better than the water tile trick since it is linked to a trough and it just keeps filling.
Only problem I found is if you link to a second trough (in a separate house) and go back to the first, the pitcher will empty - then its just a case of relinking and filling as normal from the trough but you wont lose the endless part.

Shame is where I went, its much safer just a couple Air elementals and water elementals. Underworld has some but that could be a little hairy.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moonglow harbor has water elementals that you can get to chase you from the shore line. I went to a place near my house north of Minoc just south of the reaper forest, elementals frequent that area and are close enough to the shore to get them to chase you (one at a time). What shard are you on? Maybe someone here can help you get one. If you are on Pacific I can give you one.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go into Ilshenar via the Sacrifice Moongate and head straight north to the Meer Village, then follow the road going north out of the village. There is a break in the road but just keep going north and it starts up again as you go into a mountain pass. You will curve west and find Water Elementals at the end. Kill any mongbats, and headless you run into and then lead a Water Elemental back into the pass and you'll have it alone to throw water pitchers at. Take 20 with you, most shatter.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I LOVE these things.

I got a bunch last night. Remember, each water elemental only has 1 then you have to kill it. Take 80 or so water pitchers if you want several. It's cheap, and its a lot of fun when they throw one back to you.