• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Weapons ***ENDING TONIGHT*****Super Beast Cleaver 20% Splint SC -20 Mage 15 HCI

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have been taking offers by comment, PM and ICQ. I have had a fair amount of interest...so I feel like it is time to set this thing to a end date/time. In a effort to protect people that are interested I will not make this a Auction. Just going to set a day/time that I will stop taking offers. Obviously some folks, for whatever reason, don't like making their offers public and I intend to respect that. You are still welcome to PM or ICQ me a offer if you want to remain private and I will update it to the thread. Thanks!!

End date: Wednesday
End time: Around 8 oclock Central. Since it is not a auction that will be a bit flexible.
Buyout price: 350m

Current Bid: 150m

Splintering Cleaver.png

Last edited:

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Cmon now...where is all the love. I see people going ape **** over some of these and this one has got to be one of the better ones. Even if you don't want to bid at least tell me how u think it is the most super awesome weapon to ever be in the game of UO!! Cmon guys & gals........

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@DeathTax I hope you are ok with me waiting a couple of days before I accept your offer. I have had ICQs from people saying they would pay 200 or 250m and one even saying more than that. But they weren't solid...just people running their mouth really. But having them say that and seeing what other weapons similar to this one have sold for....I feel like I should give the weapon a little while for everyone to see it. Being a Cleaver and Splintering with HCI and all that....I just really feel like this should be worth a lot more. With that being said...if I don't get the offers then its your @ 150m. I just hope you dont mind sitting on your offer for a few days. Thanks man.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since you said discussion is welcome, i dont understand why being a cleaver makes it that good. i suppose for bleed attack? that would only require 140 weapon/tactics skill points, plus the 20 for magery for a total of 160. this would save 50 skill points in a template using bleed attack alot which i guess is good?

for poisoning, it would require 200 skill points (20 magery, 90 weapons, 90 poison) which would only save 10 skill points in that template. (real skill, not skill bonus on jewels is also needed to meet the minimal special move reqs)

otherwise, if used only as a focus attack weapon, technically a 2.0 speed weapon would be superior

only posting this since you said feel free to discuss, if youd like me delete just let me know. i may just be missing something or a noob. also know i had a similar kryss a while back and got a few very nice offers, but they assumed you could poison with no weapon skill (used to able to do this years back)

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I am mainly going off what I have been told by people who deal in these things...as this is not my area of expertise. Splintering and Bleed stack together or something so that is supposed to be a big deal. I know when I played against mages who would bleed me I had to adjust my timing to plan to bleed hits...so I would imagine that if you could stack the 2 bleeds then that would just be hell on a mage having to deal with that. Just a guess as I have zero experience PVPing with Splint weps. My red is a Parry/Wrestle Mage and has been for a very very long time. So I am left to listen to the people with a better understanding than me. I do know of weapons similar to this selling for hundreds and hundreds of millions...so Im just interested to see what I can get.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I am changing this to have a end date. Its time to sell this dude. Check the original post for the updated info.

Last edited:

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
On the UO website it says they do. But I havent ever tried. SO I will take your word for it.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
This Dude is Over! Thanks to all of you who participated. And thanks to the only person who sent me a serious bid(@DeathTax ). No thanks to all of you who ICQ'd me running your mouth :)