• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

End of Maintenance Summary

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Good Afternoon!

Maintenance didn't go quite as planned and rather than endure a few more hours of general agitation, and downtime we've decided to bring the forums back up.

As you can see instead of a landing page, we're still on the forums this is due to a complication we encountered. As soon as a fix is available for this, we'll be scheduling a downtime to implement it. So that leaves us to what did get done.....

• Xenforo was updated to 1.5.12
  • The Resource Manager was updated
  • The Media Gallery was updated.
  • The Guilds/Teams was updated with bug fixes.
  • Several plugins used for internals functions were updated.
  • RSS Feed readers which were balking at updating are now operating.
  • Our Donation Manager was updated, no more FBB (Fugly Block Button!)
  • Changes were made to Footer.
  • The Calendar was updated.
The Forums Structure received a minor modification. All of the UO related Forums are now under a Ultima Online Stratics Category. This is in preparation for expansion to other titles and improved navigation on the site. Now all forums in a sub-category can be viewed exclusively reducing the amount of scrolling while viewing the index.

A new Trade Forum for Bulk Order Deeds was added.

Added new forums as we welcome Shards Online to their Alpha phase.

Sub-Accounts System was added, once this is fully configured you'll be able to add Sub-Accounts to your main account. We will have more information involved on and with the use of this feature in the near future.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good Afternoon!

Maintenance didn't go quite as planned and rather than endure a few more hours of general agitation, and downtime we've decided to bring the forums back up.

As you can see instead of a landing page, we're still on the forums this is due to a complication we encountered. As soon as a fix is available for this, we'll be scheduling a downtime to implement it. So that leaves us to what did get done.....

• Xenforo was updated to 1.5.12
  • The Resource Manager was updated
  • The Media Gallery was updated.
  • The Guilds/Teams was updated with bug fixes.
  • Several plugins used for internals functions were updated.
  • RSS Feed readers which were balking at updating are now operating.
  • Our Donation Manager was updated, no more FBB (Fugly Block Button!)
  • Changes were made to Footer.
  • The Calendar was updated.
The Forums Structure received a minor modification. All of the UO related Forums are now under a Ultima Online Stratics Category. This is in preparation for expansion to other titles and improved navigation on the site. Now all forums in a sub-category can be viewed exclusively reducing the amount of scrolling while viewing the index.

Added new forums as we welcome Shards Online to their Alpha phase.

Sub-Accounts System was added, once this is fully configured you'll be able to add Sub-Accounts to your main account. We will have more information involved on and with the use of this feature in the near future.
How do we open the UHall subforum? I can't find any link that gets me directly to the "top" of that particular subforum. Thanks.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah i'm not a fan of the stuff being moved around. I'd rather scroll than click honestly.

Is this what you're looking for? UHall
None of the forums were moved, instead they were wrapped with a Ultima Online Stratics Category. To tell the truth we're looking at where we can actually remove some forums, or otherwise tidy up the Forums.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 60932

Clicking on Ultima Online (UO) General Discussions will bring you to:

View attachment 60931

Clicking on UHall will take you into Uhall.

If you are looking at a thread....

View attachment 60930

At the top and bottom of the thread will be something that looks like that. Clicking UHALL will take you back to Uhall, in this case if you were in UO Homes and Castles it would say UO Homes and Castles where UHall is and function the same way. Also at the end of the bar pictured above, there is a symbol. 1 dot over a line with 3 dots under it is sort of how it looks. Clicking that opens a quick nav menu that can take you to any forum.
It doesn't work for me, Nexus. When I mouse over a link to UHall, I can see that the URL is stratics.com/forums/uhall.35. However, any link I try with that URL or typing that address in directly always bounces me right back to stratics.com. I even tried clearing my cookies for Stratics and it is still happening. Links for the other forums and subforums seem to work fine. It's just the UHall links and address that are not working correctly for me.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if I can find a UHall thread link by watching for recent posts, I can get into the thread but there's no way that I can find to navigate out of that thread and to another thread in UHall.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The Guilds/Teams was updated with bug fixes.
I'm excited about the changes here, I can see they are not finish yet.
I look forward to see the "Members Role list" working, I can see when the setting is done, I will get the control of my forums I have dreamed about :)
Edited: Thanks, seem to work now. :danceb:
I also see an options to make sub forums but looks like they all will have same secure setting. Would be nice to choose a public, a member only and a staff only setting on them.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None of the forums were moved, instead they were wrapped with a Ultima Online Stratics Category. To tell the truth we're looking at where we can actually remove some forums, or otherwise tidy up the Forums.
But why add a new level of depth then by grouping UO forums into another three categories?

To be honest, I don't see me checking three different front pages for the forums. The main front page is useless now, since most forums are not even UO, and the three categories about UO don't tell you much about which forums have new posts and which have none. It seems to me that only Stratics power users were thought of, those who will click through dozens of forums no matter what. All it did for me is having to make more clicks for the same result as before.

The last forums front page was very good after all the iterations already done. Not sure why it had to be changed at all. I don't recall anyone complaining about it at all.

Oh yea, and about tidying up: Suggestion/Request - Flatten "UO Ressources" and all subforums to "UO clients & tools"

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
But why add a new level of depth then by grouping UO forums into another three categories?

To be honest, I don't see me checking three different front pages for the forums. The main front page is useless now, since most forums are not even UO, and the three categories about UO don't tell you much about which forums have new posts and which have none. It seems to me that only Stratics power users were thought of, those who will click through dozens of forums no matter what. All it did for me is having to make more clicks for the same result as before.

The last forums front page was very good after all the iterations already done. Not sure why it had to be changed at all. I don't recall anyone complaining about it at all.

Oh yea, and about tidying up: Suggestion/Request - Flatten "UO Ressources" and all subforums to "UO clients & tools"
Back when we were trying to raise money to purchase the site via auction, we had a lot of feed back, and we've had a lot sense. Some of the items that kept cropping up were....
  • A return to Content First
  • Return to Multi-game portals
  • Reduction in the number of Forums
If everything had been accomplished during the downtime we wanted. Stratics.com wouldn't have taken you to the forums at all, instead a Publishing Landing page, as a symbol of our desire to start prioritizing content. Part of this was to include opening a new portals as well. Not only will there be a Stratics Central again, but also News Sites specifically for UO and Shards Online to begin with. Encapsulating all the UO Forums was to help reflect this, and help bring some consistency as we plan to begin looking on building up new community members for Shards, and eventually other titles which eventually means new staff specific for it. The separation through categorization helps in this by making it easier to assign new staff to specific areas, for that staff to recognize their specific areas, and for players to selectively disregard new areas. We're also going to be looking at condensing the sheer number of forums (currently there are 435 nodes in the forum tree) so there is less navigating all together.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back when we were trying to raise money to purchase the site via auction, we had a lot of feed back, and we've had a lot sense. Some of the items that kept cropping up were....
  • A return to Content First
  • Return to Multi-game portals
  • Reduction in the number of Forums
If everything had been accomplished during the downtime we wanted. Stratics.com wouldn't have taken you to the forums at all, instead a Publishing Landing page, as a symbol of our desire to start prioritizing content. Part of this was to include opening a new portals as well. Not only will there be a Stratics Central again, but also News Sites specifically for UO and Shards Online to begin with. Encapsulating all the UO Forums was to help reflect this, and help bring some consistency as we plan to begin looking on building up new community members for Shards, and eventually other titles which eventually means new staff specific for it. The separation through categorization helps in this by making it easier to assign new staff to specific areas, for that staff to recognize their specific areas, and for players to selectively disregard new areas. We're also going to be looking at condensing the sheer number of forums (currently there are 435 nodes in the forum tree) so there is less navigating all together.
I don't want to offend you, but that's exactly that empty kind of statement Stratics' loves to make. Lots of words, little actual meaning.

Let's get a bit more specific from my perspective of a normal user:

At the old front page there was all forums I had interest in on one page: UHall, Trade forums, Atlantic forum. It took me one click to see if there is news in them, another click to check one of them.

Now I have to first go into "General discussion" to see if there is news in UHall, then I have to go back to the front page, and do another click into the UO trade category. Then I go back to the main page and have another click into UO shard forums to see if there is news for Atlantic. In the end all it achieves is making me bookmark UHall and no longer mind the other parts. No matter how often people tell me it's "less to navigating all together". Because that's just not the case.

Please don't take that as an offense, my intent is just to give genuine feedback. But maybe next time you can try to factor those user-centric use cases in as well.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd say at the latest this afternoon, I'll let you know when.
Great, on a side note... I think you guys should reconsider grouping your three main forums (UHALL/UO Trader's Hall/UO Rares Collector). The rest is fine as they barely get the same amount of traffic as those three, also the donors section should still display the people that have supported stratics with their donations throughout the years. Maybe i'm just not seeing it but you use to be able to see the donations made by each user and the top donors

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Great, on a side note... I think you guys should reconsider grouping your three main forums (UHALL/UO Trader's Hall/UO Rares Collector). The rest is fine as they barely get the same amount of traffic as those three, also the donors section should still display the people that have supported stratics with their donations throughout the years. Maybe i'm just not seeing it but you use to be able to see the donations made by each user and the top donors
On the Forums, I'll make sure the others see this and we can discuss it when we get down to drawing out exactly what forums we want to condense and how.

The Donation Manager, it's a bit trickier, it hadn't been updated in, well years and support for it has been hit or miss. Updating it wiped the old lists. As people donate now it will start repopulating with new names and amounts. Not exactly happy with it either but it's what happened.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Donation Manager, it's a bit trickier, it hadn't been updated in, well years and support for it has been hit or miss. Updating it wiped the old lists. As people donate now it will start repopulating with new names and amounts. Not exactly happy with it either but it's what happened
Ok so I just tested it, seeing the top donor in the new section but would be nice on the main page like it was before. It's a shame though the previous info is lost but I get it and thanks for replying back so fast :). Now I just need to get those banners back and for the pesky advertisements to disappear hehe :p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't want to offend you, but that's exactly that empty kind of statement Stratics' loves to make. Lots of words, little actual meaning.

Let's get a bit more specific from my perspective of a normal user:

At the old front page there was all forums I had interest in on one page: UHall, Trade forums, Atlantic forum. It took me one click to see if there is news in them, another click to check one of them.

Now I have to first go into "General discussion" to see if there is news in UHall, then I have to go back to the front page, and do another click into the UO trade category. Then I go back to the main page and have another click into UO shard forums to see if there is news for Atlantic. In the end all it achieves is making me bookmark UHall and no longer mind the other parts. No matter how often people tell me it's "less to navigating all together". Because that's just not the case.

Please don't take that as an offense, my intent is just to give genuine feedback. But maybe next time you can try to factor those user-centric use cases in as well.
Not offended at all.

I get what you're saying, but also we have to look at it from an operational perspective too, what is going to make it easiest down the road for us to work with and maintain, and how is it going to fit into future plans and needs. Our needs and plans might not always mesh flawlessly with everyone those of everyone else.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok guys... I have to ask so I don't miss something maybe, but my old tab at the top of my pc for UO Rares Collector doesn't work now and redirects me to the main forums page. I've moused over the Ultima Online (UO) Trade and pulled up the sub-forums and clicked on *Rares Collector.... but it just loops me to the exact same page for the Stratics Community Forums. I know the Rares Collector forum is working, because I'm still getting notifications of new posts... but I can't figure out how to access it only. Please help someone and thanks. Glad to see you guys doing work on the forums, I just need a little pointing in the right direction I think. (And this might be helpful for others too.) Thanks and good luck and good hunting guys; will be watching to see what to do.

[Sorry I just don't want to miss important items before I figure it out... hehehe. Peace guys and thanks Nexus and everyone for fixing some stuff on the site.]

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok guys... I have to ask so I don't miss something maybe, but my old tab at the top of my pc for UO Rares Collector doesn't work now and redirects me to the main forums page. I've moused over the Ultima Online (UO) Trade and pulled up the sub-forums and clicked on *Rares Collector.... but it just loops me to the exact same page for the Stratics Community Forums. I know the Rares Collector forum is working, because I'm still getting notifications of new posts... but I can't figure out how to access it only. Please help someone and thanks. Glad to see you guys doing work on the forums, I just need a little pointing in the right direction I think. (And this might be helpful for others too.) Thanks and good luck and good hunting guys; will be watching to see what to do.

[Sorry I just don't want to miss important items before I figure it out... hehehe. Peace guys and thanks Nexus and everyone for fixing some stuff on the site.]
Thanks for letting me know, I've heard this from a I think 3 people now, and each person it was a single forum and not only that but a different forum for each person. I'll be looking into things I promise but I can't tell you for certain when I'll find something.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for letting me know, I've heard this from a I think 3 people now, and each person it was a single forum and not only that but a different forum for each person. I'll be looking into things I promise but I can't tell you for certain when I'll find something.
UHall UHall now takes me here Stratics Community Forums. If you go to Stratics Community Forums and you click on the UHaul it takes you right back to the main page.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye.. I can open the UO Trader's Hall forum and see everything fine, but just not the Rares Collector forum. I can see the updates for everything though (b/c I was watching the thread already,) and I can go to those individual pages in the forum (like de LEET ed's post for the Balhae chicken that we just snagged for wife, I can see his page fine.) If I click "UO Rares Collector" at the top though where the thread is located.. it kicks me right back out to Stratics Community Forums. Thanks for looking into it and good luck with finishing it all up. Thanks you guys for all of the hard work and everything you do. As always, good luck and good hunting. :) :)

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UHall UHall now takes me here Stratics Community Forums. If you go to Stratics Community Forums and you click on the UHaul it takes you right back to the main page.
I can actually open UHall and see everything perfectly, so that just helps confirm that it is as Nexus said. It's only certain forums for certain people. Good luck and see you guys soon.

I was watching the Rares Collector forum when the changes were made... and no other forum. So just a heads up as that might be something to look at as a probable reason. @Lord Frodo could maybe help confirm that, if he was watching the UHall forum by chance or not.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nexus, I can access UHall with seemingly no problems if I switch to using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome. I still can't get to UHall if I try to do it using Chrome.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I can actually open UHall and see everything perfectly, so that just helps confirm that it is as Nexus said. It's only certain forums for certain people. Good luck and see you guys soon.

I was watching the Rares Collector forum when the changes were made... and no other forum. So just a heads up as that might be something to look at as a probable reason. @Lord Frodo could maybe help confirm that, if he was watching the UHall forum by chance or not.
You guys tried logging out, clearing your browser cache and logging back in per chance?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have a minor issue on Guild/Team forums, in UO Classic it is hard to read bar with link to forums. Not hard if you know it is there.

upload_2017-1-28_22-56-26.png

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You guys tried logging out, clearing your browser cache and logging back in per chance?
Cleared my catch, logged out and back in; logged out and cleared my catch and then logged back in as well. Neither worked; It's still kicking me out of just the UO Rares Collector forum. Further... even when I am logged out (after clearing the catch,) it is still booting me out of the UO Rares Collector forum. I can still enter all of the rest.

@Nexus Hey, just an update... I can access the UO Rares Collector forums if I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Not sure if that helps or not. Peace all and good luck and good hunting.

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nexus, I can access UHall with seemingly no problems if I switch to using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome. I still can't get to UHall if I try to do it using Chrome.
Cleared my catch, logged out and back in; logged out and cleared my catch and then logged back in as well. Neither worked; It's still kicking me out of just the UO Rares Collector forum. Further... even when I am logged out (after clearing the catch,) it is still booting me out of the UO Rares Collector forum. I can still enter all of the rest.

@Nexus Hey, just an update... I can access the UO Rares Collector forums if I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Not sure if that helps or not. Peace all and good luck and good hunting.
You guys try clearing cookies? Xenforo uses Session Cookies since things are working when you swap browsers and others aren't having an issue at all, I'm wondering if this will clear it up.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey, just an update... I can access the UO Rares Collector forums if I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. Not sure if that helps or not. Peace all and good luck and good hunting
So that just confirms your problem being the browser (IE), here's how you can clean this up. You should also remove your old saved link just in case and save a new one if it still doesn't work :)

Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 (Win) - Clearing Cache and Cookies

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So that just confirms your problem being the browser (IE), here's how you can clean this up. You should also remove your old saved link just in case and save a new one if it still doesn't work :)

Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 (Win) - Clearing Cache and Cookies
Got it... I did not want to uncheck the "preserve favorites website data" tab because I have 100 old pages saved in my favorites list that are very important. I did however open my favorites... and manually right click and delete every Stratics "favorite tab" that I had saved in my favorites list. It worked perfect after that. :) :) Thanks guys. So just a heads up; everyone you don't have to delete all of your favorites... just open your favorites and delete the ones from Stratics. Thanks guys and sorry for the trouble.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What ended up working for me with Chrome was clearing the cache. Clearing the cookies for Stratics didn't do anything and I didn't have any Stratics bookmarks to clear or edit.

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok so I just tested it, seeing the top donor in the new section but would be nice on the main page like it was before. It's a shame though the previous info is lost but I get it and thanks for replying back so fast :). Now I just need to get those banners back and for the pesky advertisements to disappear hehe :p
@Nexus as stated above regarding the forums, I really think you guys should consider something like this on the main page

upload_2017-2-3_10-10-2.png

It would save on extra clicking and i'm sure there's enough room to fit it in somewhere on the current page, maybe also add the top three threads in each forum so we can view what's trending without even going into the forums (again saving on useless clicking). The rest can stay the same cuz honestly most other forums at best get new threads every few days, think this would be good for the site and the community ;)

Going back to the donations... I still find that it's a shame that the people who gave their own money to support this site just to be gone like that without any recognition/mention, some people actually gave hundreds of $$$ in donations throughout the years. I'm sure there's ways to get back the old info but if not it's truly sad :(. Not trying to troll but i'm still waiting for an answer regarding the new system and those banners we use to get after the donation? if this is how the new system will be then please let me know and i'll stop bringing it up... just want to be in the loop with some answers that's all

Please let me know,

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Nexus as stated above regarding the forums, I really think you guys should consider something like this on the main page

View attachment 61259

It would save on extra clicking and i'm sure there's enough room to fit it in somewhere on the current page, maybe also add the top three threads in each forum so we can view what's trending without even going into the forums (again saving on useless clicking). The rest can stay the same cuz honestly most other forums at best get new threads every few days, think this would be good for the site and the community ;)

Going back to the donations... I still find that it's a shame that the people who gave their own money to support this site just to be gone like that without any recognition/mention, some people actually gave hundreds of $$$ in donations throughout the years. I'm sure there's ways to get back the old info but if not it's truly sad :(. Not trying to troll but i'm still waiting for an answer regarding the new system and those banners we use to get after the donation? if this is how the new system will be then please let me know and i'll stop bringing it up... just want to be in the loop with some answers that's all

Please let me know,

Banner is taken care of, as for the old donations, I'll see about digging those out of the database and manually re-entering them into the new format so they show again.

As for the Forums, we're planing on looking at all the forums before long with a mind for either condensing or removing some. Until we go through that it's doubtful you'll see us do any drastic reordering.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

View attachment 61259

By this, do you mean a "most active forums" section that changes dynamically based on traffic? Or do you mean a customizable "favorite forums" type thing?

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
By this, do you mean a "most active forums" section that changes dynamically based on traffic? Or do you mean a customizable "favorite forums" type thing?
Either really but a "favorites forum" that would be saved with your login would be ideal :thumbup:

Archnight

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Banner is taken care of
As in they're back or next time I donate they will appear... cuz I still don't see them :(. Thanks for clarifying the rest though :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As in they're back or next time I donate they will appear... cuz I still don't see them :(. Thanks for clarifying the rest though :)
As of Next time it should show up...