• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Encounter With VirtueBane

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

This Report was delivered to me only moments ago, sent by Kirk the Butcher for Minoc:

The day began as any other. I, Kirk the Butcher rose early, ate, and began sharpening my blades. The sun had not yet begun peeking above the mountains of Minoc. Suddenly the peaceful quiet of the early morn was torn asunder by the clinks and clanks of blades on shields and armor. Sounds I had come to know as spellcasters weaving their spells split the air. But there was another sound, one that tore at my very soul. Heavy footfalls passed the door to my Shop. I dared a peek out the window.

BaneGuard! Sister Frances, Sure Shott, TOBY, Dar of TOT, An Vas Zu, many others raced throughout the square. One moment I saw them, the next they disappeared as if swallowed by the air itself. For Hours I stole peeks and marvelled how the Defenders of Britannia whittled away at the forces who continually ranted about someone or something they called VirtueBane.

Finally I could cower and watch no longer. Grabbing my sharpest clever I bolted out the door. There I saw Dar of TOT and An Vas Zu the Gargoyle. They watched the BaneGuard from a distance and shouted for a Bard to discord the demon spawn. None in sight Dar commanded a Greater Dragon to attack the BaneGuard and the battle was on. An Vas Zu was casting some spell, In Vas Mani, and beating furiously upon a drum. With each spell cast the Great Dragon, Valor Dar called it, seemed refreshened, and sometimes the drumbeat sounded almost melodious, and BaneGuard stood in place as if confused.

I rushed forward and began hacking away at BaneGuard's leg. Blood flowed and pooled from several wounds on BaneGuard yet it lashed out at Valor ignoring me and Dar. Once, twice, three times while BaneGuard seemed confused Dar, Valor, and An Vas Zu withdrew several yards furiously tending to Valor's wounds.

Just as it appeared BaneGuard would fall ...It Vanished. Dar, Valor, and An Vas Zu raced after it and I trailed behind. Finding BaneGuard on a main path the battle was rejoined. Then, like new sprouts from the ground in Spring, it appeared ANOTHER BaneGuard rose from the ground, or had it stepped from thin air. I really can't say. We all scattered as the second Baneguard grabbed Dar by his cloak and slammed him to the ground. I froze in amazement as Dar bounced up and tried to run. He called for Valor to follow but the Great Dragon was being pummeled by both BaneGuards. Dar paused for but a moment and raced back to Valor and began applying bandages to its wounds.

Suddenly one BaneGuard struck Valor with a crushing mortal wound just as the other grabbed Dar with both its massive hands. Valor fell as the life drained from it, and BaneGuard slammed Dar to the ground and stomped the life from him. Wisps, possibly their life spirits, raced from them. I followed these wraiths along with An Vas Zu around the corner of the nearest building.

Instantly, An Vas Zu and I froze in our tracks. Standing before us was clearly Dar's ghost, shimmering in the breeze. It Wailed in anger and defiance at a massive creature the like of which I had never seen nor ever hope to see again.

"You Again," it bellowed. "I Am VirtueBane. Why do you fight against me? Join Me." A wail screeched from Dar's ghost ..."NEVER! We Will Never Yield and YOU WILL FALL," wailed the ghost. "Why do you resist that which you understand not," asked VirtueBane? "Thy Very Name is an Abomination," shouted the ghost. "I Shall Rise Again," shouted Dar's spirit. "Even in Death I spit Upon Thee," Dar continued.

"Go" said VirtueBane, "Reclaim Thy Life if You May, for We Shall Meet Again."

With that VirtueBane was gone. An Vas Zu called out to Dar's spirit, "Follow me Lord Dar, I may yet be able to recall thy lifeforce unto thee." "An Corp" said An Vas Zu as he tumbled thru the air. Miraculously, Lord Dar appeared before us. Quickly he dressed and then he whispered words I could not hear as he tossed bandages into the air. Suddenly Valor once more stood before us.

"That BaneGuard was near death and I mean to finish it," shouted Dar as he raced up the street. In moments the fleeing BaneGuard was overtaken and once more the battle was joined. Dar and Valor lashed out with a fervor I'd never seen. BaneGuard collapsed and Dar shouted "VICTORY!," with resolve that shook the air itself.

"An Vas Zu," said Dar, I must depart and send word of this encounter to Queen Dawn and to the Defenders of Britannia. But I Shall RETURN!"

I think he said Kal Ort Por, and in a wink of an eye he and Valor were gone. I raced back to my shop, entered in, and locked my doors.

Kirk the Butcher of Minoc

Spread Forth This Word that all May Know, VirtueBane Walks Among Us!

Lord Elladan of Trinsic

Z

Zephenia

Great Encounter and telling of the tale! Wish I could have been there.

So Virtue Bane comes when but few are there? Sounds about right for a would be tyrant and despot!

Stay safe and prepare for another invasion in a couple days.
Till then.

Zephenia
High Sorceress S*S

M

MudFace

Woa! that guy reminds me of the Villan in the movie "Legend" with Tom cruise :thumbup: