• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Email to me from EM Kincaid

Sara D

Adventurer
EM Kincaid sent an email to me after the void pool. He has given me permission to post it here. I had been contacting him about the EM House when I was building it, so he had my email address. I loved his cheerleader outfit.

Hello!

To everyone who was involved, well done!

I have to admit, I almost missed it. I wasn't 100% certain which weekend you were going for, and only found you folks when I was doing my usual "what's going on around Siege" patrol! I'm glad I did.

I hope my cheerleader outfit wasn't too distracting, or that anyone will take my presence there as "Oh, you only got that far because of your EM". If accusations like that start flying, I sincerely apologise, and will certainly refute them. I am SO happy that Siege achieved what it did 100% on player-effort, without any intervention from me at all.

Take that, Asuka!

I want to update the shields outside the VP and at Brit Bank, but I think this should be a proper ceremony, not just a "pop in and change the values" thing. And, I've learned a bit since the last time! To avoid PK problems, I'll either advise everyone to go as ghosts, or in minimum gear that they don't fear losing. The bulk of the ceremony will take place at Britain Bank.

If you could let me know a date and a time that would suit the majority of the people who were involved, that would be great, and I'll arrange the ceremony for that time.

I could also do with the following info:

Number of waves : I think this was 276, but please let me know!

Time taken : I have no idea!

Total participants : I counted 19 of you there, but some people were running around, and there were monsters, and pets, and... I give up.

High Scorer : The Best Single Battle scoreboard shows Az at 168395 - but I'll leave you to confirm this.

And, of course, by "you" I mean "Siege's players" - please don't think I'm dumping all of this on you, personally. It's simply that you've been my main contact on VP-related things!

And please pass on my congratulations to everyone who was there.

I hope you all had fun!

EM Kincaid

And so I am passing this on to all of you. Sara Dale

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really well done, I wish I had known, I would have come and joined in. :(

I always see your Void Pool shields on Siege, and am really impressed, don't know how you do it.

We tried a few times as a guild alliance on Europa, and I think we got to about 90 waves, that was insane by then, so I don't know how you did what you did.

How many players do you have on it roughly?
Ahh, just noticed you say 19, we have like 50 odd? Wow...

Sara D

Adventurer
Hoffs will get the tally up and when he does it will be posted here. Asuka if I remember correctly had over 200 doing it, It was one long day. They have their shield up in front of Covetous level 2 with their numbers. Its in Trammel,

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yep, it's in Trammel, I posted back in 2015 that we did it in Felucca (Siege rules set) and we did it again. And in Less time than 2015

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really well done, I wish I had known, I would have come and joined in. :(

I always see your Void Pool shields on Siege, and am really impressed, don't know how you do it.

We tried a few times as a guild alliance on Europa, and I think we got to about 90 waves, that was insane by then, so I don't know how you did what you did.

How many players do you have on it roughly?
Ahh, just noticed you say 19, we have like 50 odd? Wow...
This time I was only able to join for the final 3 hours, but I know what and why we are so successful:
We (as Siege-players in general) are looking for every little advantage there is. We max out the benefits of one certain action. And when you have a role on this team, you do it....no questions asked....
As already mentioned there are many unsung heroes of this record...the crafters who keep the jewlery and other things in shape so we do not need to bring 5 or set of suits to go through a 9 hour period...the bards.....basically all who are not up on that scoreboard in the top places have made an equal contribution to this.....
But I need to mention 2 people especially why we are able to do this:
Az (as the top scorer he already got a lot recognition) because he knows the game-mechanics so well and tests every little idea to its full potential and provides the rest of the team with the necessary pointers to be very very successful.
And our guild-leader Hoffs whose organisational talent and good judgement always gets together this committed group of people who are able to this what other shards are only able to shake their heads in astonishment......

So if you get those two to join Europa you might have a chance ;)....but I am quiet sure they are Siegers for life!

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoffs will get the tally up and when he does it will be posted here. Asuka if I remember correctly had over 200 doing it, It was one long day. They have their shield up in front of Covetous level 2 with their numbers. Its in Trammel,
i have never been a fan of void pool but i got to tell ya............if the numbers are even close to accurate.............if GIL + alliance members did that many waves with just 19 people vs. 200 people on Asuka.............thats some REAL impressive S!@# right there! not to mention on a fel based server vs tram side. nice job guys, i had no idea until i seen the numbers

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i have never been a fan of void pool but i got to tell ya............if the numbers are even close to accurate.............if GIL + alliance members did that many waves with just 19 people vs. 200 people on Asuka.............thats some REAL impressive S!@# right there! not to mention on a fel based server vs tram side. nice job guys, i had no idea until i seen the numbers
well there was a few more there, the ones with the real low numbers were the backups ;) you know "I got your back type, here let me fix that etc.." they were there as well. There was the johnny come late ones and the ones that were the Hurry and leave when we announce this was the very last wave that why the EM only counted 19, a lot of them took off as soon as the pool fell to the last wave

Best single player1.jpg Best single player2.jpg Best single player3.jpg

Last edited:

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
until you get raided...which over a period of 9 hours in the same spot is more than likely...

I really do not disagree with you so as a point of conversation, 200 toons on the fel side you wouldn't need 9 hours. Which in it self would be interesting to have that many toons negotiate fel rules in such a spot.

I think the people of Siege did a wonderful job. The time it takes for coordination of this extremely hard to get down. Siege people who joined in on this task deserve mega props for bringing it home to Siege. So props given! :mf_prop::mf_prop::mf_prop: :ymca: :mf_prop::mf_prop::mf_prop: