• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Help Email notification for private messages

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm not getting any email notifications for replies to private messages, but I can't seem to find any other option to enable. Does anyone know which setting(s) enable the emails for PM's?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here no emails for Pms

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not getting any email notifications for replies to private messages, but I can't seem to find any other option to enable. Does anyone know which setting(s) enable the emails for PM's?
Same here no emails for Pms
At the top right corner of the screen, click your account profile. Then click "preferences." On the first page it takes you to, under the email section, there is a checkbox to activate that option called "receive an email when a new conversation message is received." It's directly under the time zone selection dropdown box.

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
At the top right corner of the screen, click your account profile. Then click "preferences." On the first page it takes you to, under the email section, there is a checkbox to activate that option called "receive an email when a new conversation message is received." It's directly under the time zone selection dropdown box.
I confirmed that I already had this box checked, but I am not receiving the email notifications.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same here I’m using yahoo
I also uncheck the 2 boxes saved then rechecked the 2 boxes and saved I’ll see if that resets it. Not sure why it just stoped working.

also set the new time zone im in now ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Nexus is there a way you can check that setting is working or how to fix it for these posters?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Go to your Yahoo mail account on your desktop and check the spam filter. When you pick up your email from an app or other email service like linking it to Gmail, the spam gets filtered prior to forwarding so you never see it in the spam filter there.

Had that happen a ton of times.

*Tips his hat, gives you a wink, and takes of sip of his Good Old Moonglow Red*

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ll try that Ty

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Stratics used to be grandfathered into GSuite allowing us to use all the services Google provides businesses for free, with their recent overhaul they removed the grandfathered status. The cost per month they are asking for the various email accounts we use on the site is currently prohibitive, and we're looking into alternatives. Until we have a replacement you won't be able to receive emails from the site.

I'm working on it, and once I have something in place and everything setup you should start receiving those emails again.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It’s not really that big of an issue for me at all

Thank you @Nexus

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey! I just got an email notification from Stratics. Apparently @Nexus is alive. I can't read the notification due to some strange color choices, but it's way better than nothing. Thanks @Nexus!

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Stratics used to be grandfathered into GSuite allowing us to use all the services Google provides businesses for free, with their recent overhaul they removed the grandfathered status. The cost per month they are asking for the various email accounts we use on the site is currently prohibitive, and we're looking into alternatives. Until we have a replacement you won't be able to receive emails from the site.

I'm working on it, and once I have something in place and everything setup you should start receiving those emails again.
Was it done on purpose that the "Find Member" box doesn't pull up profiles that haven't been active recently, so to find them you have to track down old posts they made?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Was it done on purpose that the "Find Member" box doesn't pull up profiles that haven't been active recently, so to find them you have to track down old posts they made?
Sort of, the search functions including Find Member rely on cached information, these caches are rebuilt on a regular basis. The problem is that the forums have so much information that if we try to cache it in it's entirety it causes with the cache rebuilds due to running up against memory limits. This is why you used to see the forums timeout at certain times at night. A limit on how far back to cache info is setup as far back as is possible to keep the search functioning properly, while covering as much information as possible, all while minimizing the impact on the rest of the site.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well thanks for fixing the email issue. I can read them now too. Looks good!