• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) EM Needs to Dress up Sonoma

Hawkler

Visitor
So i was on quite a few other Shards this week, and while i know it took 20 years to build up some of these things, Sonoma seems quite Lacking in comparison.

I see returning players show up weekly these days... lets encourage them to stay!

In my work i hate when people come with complaints and no solutions on how to fix them so i'm going to post a few idea's and hopefully we can get a few ideas for EM (MIA) Xanthus to take up

1) Sonoma's Luna is Empty and bland , the community is very small and lets face it Luna is the only place you will connect with Random People. It needs to be a hub for people to consolidate and encourage social activities !

Suggestion Luna is empty a lot of time, so set a time line of 2-4 weeks let people design Luna bank up themselves and submit screenshots and pick a winner! Then Propose a GM lock-down in the future!

- One Major Suggestion is that ! It to include a [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Arcane Circle[/bcolor], [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Pentagram[/bcolor], or [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Abattoir[/bcolor].
- Suggestions would be Teleporter's to Heritage sights to celebrate 20 years on Sonoma like:
- Mage Tower
- Oasis
- Chandryl ( sp )
- Old Seer Houses
- I'm sure i'm missing a few others
- Soul Forge ( there is no major consolidation of people in the Royal City anymore so a soul forge where the community actually goes) may make it easier to help new/returning players out with some Imbuing

2) Sonoma's Navrey Hole lives on another server...
Suggestion - Place a Navrey hole at one of the above heritage sights , Mage tower?!, ...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just read on UHall that Mesanna came in and redid GL with a moongate and a lot of cool stuff. We have been, or at least I have been asking for this for several years now and I've been told we cannot have a moongate and we can't change the deco because it was a player design........... c'mon ..............play fair with all the shards.

GL Britain Bank Redone

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
when EM Chimeara was having the contest in Britain for the community center
he said we could request a moongate there, but it would be up to Mesanna to approve it
the deadline for that contest was the day(at midnight) we found out what he did
and of course then we had no EM for months
EM Xanthus told people to send him the designs but we haven't heard anything since then
(I never finished my design cause I was waiting til the last minute to do mine)

Was there a contest to deco Luna?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Cinderella (Was there a contest to deco Luna?) Nope And I do not wish to see the focus moved from Brit bank, far fewer people go there now if the focus was removed there be no traffic at all.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I just read on UHall that Mesanna came in and redid GL with a moongate and a lot of cool stuff. We have been, or at least I have been asking for this for several years now and I've been told we cannot have a moongate and we can't change the deco because it was a player design........... c'mon ..............play fair with all the shards.

GL Britain Bank Redone
Maybe we can get @Queen Mum to request a moongate as Governor of the city. It can be placed near the Castle Blackthorn/Community Hall, far from the banking area, but close to the action from the castle. I did try for the Navrey hole using the moonglow governor's city request but was turned down. The EM said maybe a temp one, but again he needs approval, so I am not looking at that coming to Sonoma again. It sad as there were players looking for it here not long ago.

I am rather disappointed that a governor's request to help the community to grow will never be brought to light. So far my batting avenge is one hit (The stable master at the Mage tower) and two strikes, (the missing suit of armor in Skara that allows non mages to get to the war room, and the Navrey Hole) So far the EM has been replacing the suit with temp suit of armor, he does forget but it not the same, that suit of armor was there back in 2007 and worked till it vanished in 2017, only the scroll that tells you to double tap the suit is there now.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would rather see Luna stay clean and uncluttered most of the year, with some seasonal decorations (nothing overwhelming or garish) perhaps added around Halloween and Christmas.

I wonder how difficult it would be to just add a moongate in the grass to the northwest of the Britain bank. It's in that general area on quite a few shards. Doesn't seem like that would impact the bank rooftop design at all.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its funny, you go to siege (im just using this as an example because i noticed it last week) and go to the Community House (EM house) by Brit moongate and there is a Narvey Hole placed there with a Narvey.
and a couple other holes and moongates.

so saying it cant be done or does not get done simply dosnt wash.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
its funny, you go to siege (im just using this as an example because i noticed it last week) and go to the Community House (EM house) by Brit moongate and there is a Narvey Hole placed there with a Narvey.
and a couple other holes and moongates.

so saying it cant be done or does not get done simply dosnt wash.
The one on Siege was placed by the EM there, and like all EM placements, they need to be redone every so often. Be it two weeks a month or longer.

The one on Atlantic was found in one of the houses taken from Clop (?) when he was fired as Sonoma EM, Mesanna placed that where they had access to it.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I would rather see Luna stay clean and uncluttered most of the year, with some seasonal decorations (nothing overwhelming or garish) perhaps added around Halloween and Christmas.

I wonder how difficult it would be to just add a moongate in the grass to the northwest of the Britain bank. It's in that general area on quite a few shards. Doesn't seem like that would impact the bank rooftop design at all.
I agree with you

Hawkler

Visitor
People always hate change... People leave this game because it doesn't change ... No way to win

I give in, I'm to busy to try to get people motivated & Inspired, i'll drop it :)

*Edited spelling and grammar *

Last edited: