• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Fiction] A Final Salute to The Bloodguard

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fynn Barrett let out a slow sigh as he looked over the site where the proud village of Deeprock Cove once stood. For a moment he stood in silence, the only sound was of the town's banner, softly fluttering in the breeze.

"All things must pass," Fynn said to himself, "but the Bloodguard will be sorely missed indeed. Both on the battlefield and off they were formidable allies with a strong moral code. A pillar of the Kingdom"

Fynn tilted his head to look up at the blood red banner. "A symbol for the people to rally behind. Together for the good of Sosaria!" he spoke aloud.

Kneeling down Fynn reached to pick up the blood red sword from underneath the banner. He continued to speak in a low voice, "In time the remains of this village will fade. But with this sword the memory of the Bloodguard will be preserved. I will take it back with me, and put it on display inside the Castle."

Fynn looked up at the banner one last time. He clicked his heels and raised his hand to his temple, "Sosaria salutes you!"

Source: A Final Salute to The Bloodguard

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye gone maybe, but not forgotten. I still have my Bloodguard cloak, robe and sash as well as a lot of good memories of the times we had.

I also have 3 of the books compiled at the time containing the names of literally hundreds of participants in the battles during the era of the Bloodguard. I see many names therein of players who are still with us and sadly many more of people who are not.

Still time does not stand still and things move on, the UO community still lives and hopefully we will have similar experiences in the future with new players.

I add my salute to the Bloodguards memory.

Farewell to Lady Flame and the Mhors I hope fate deals kindly with you all.