• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] The Awakening of a Friend

• Thread starter Lord Exmortis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Exmortis

I love trees! I love to burn them when cooking my favourite pot of gunk. I love to write long drawn out boring stories on parchment made from them. I love to sit under them when I had too much mead and can’t recall from the tavern for the life of me….and then there is Tobby.

Tobby a Treefellow was gravely ill and no one had a clue as to what had stricken this gentle fellow. We had moved him outside a couple of evenings before so he would be comfortable. What was wrong with this friend of Sosaria? Daniel said that maybe Elizabeth would be able to help us and to meet her this eve.

The citizens of Sosaria were seated in the hall and a rumble of discussions was all about the room. The greatest healers in our land were present but none of them had a clue as to what could be done and then Elizabeth entered the room.

Elizabeth began to speak of the situation of Tobby and how he had been ill for many moons. She suggested that we need to find the memory fragments as one of them may hold the key to the cure for our poor friend. The first stop she suggested we make was to Castle Britannia where one of the fragments may be.

The rush began as people rummaged all through the castle looking for clues as to where the fragment could be. Then all of a sudden resistance reared its ugly head in one of the rooms on the second floor. The fearless warriors engaged and dispatched of the enemy to find that they were guarding a diary with further information needed.

The clues were sending us all over Sosaria and with every stop a new foul beast was waiting to slow down our progress. The healers were working overtime to the point they had to resurrect many of their own. The quarters were close in some of the battles and there was nowhere to hide for this reporter to observer…so I also went into combat.

The battles did come to an end and our final clues were revealed. The key to Tobby’s cure had been found within the power of a shield and a little dab of snake oil. The mammoth being awoke but was still weak and would need time to heal. Then Elizabeth suggested we take him to a nice open spot outside to get some sun and fresh air.

“He could hear hubbub as he was dragged across the floor. A door opened. Oh how wonderful to be outside again. The earth smelled like home to him. He did not know for how long he had lain there before more grunting, heaving and pulling. He was being dragged again. Tobby hoped these were his friends. Oh No! He was going back inside. The floor was hard and the air stale. He wondered why he was being taken indoors again. He could hear muffled voices. He wished he could understand. Then there was a very strong aroma. Was it a medicinal smoke? Words he could hear.

“The healing deed has now been done
He in need will return anon. Now rest.”

He did seem to feel better but also strange. He could now make out the words spoken around him. It was Elizabeth speaking. She put a blanket on him. Others told him to get better. A quick debate about where he should rest resulted in more tugging. He was grateful all his limbs had healed.
A door opened. They were taking him outside. He could feel a fresh breeze and smell the water. This was a nice place. There was earth all about him. He felt his body vibrate with life. Yes this was good. He was one with the mother earth. He felt completely absorbed by it as she completely surrounded him.
He felt like spring now. Warm sap was flowing through his veins. His twigs and branches were sprouting new life. He felt new.”