• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting Virtue Bane!

• Thread starter Lord Exmortis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Exmortis

Saturday evening for me usually means sitting back in front of my keep with my trusty goblet of mead and my favorite book “The Chronicles of Lum the Mad”. This reporter was off duty and even with the news of a meeting this eve at Castle Britannia, I was not going anywhere. I was going to sit right here till my rear was numb and so was my head from all the mead I planned on consuming....so I thought!!!

There was a pounding on my keep door and a screechy little voice calling my name. I knew that this was the voice of trouble and I wanted to ignore it but as usual curiosity is my biggest flaw. The little voice belonged to Mongo the one armed Mongbat our errand boy for the reporting team. He informed me that Lady Sorelia was unable to attend the meeting at the castle and Trenton was also nowhere to be found…Great! I was now obligated to stay sober this evening and get to work.

The one thing I usually tell my reporters is too never engage during battle and to observe and document. This was advice that I would not follow this evening as every able body was needed. I dusted off my armor and sword “sneeze” and decided to get a little closer than I am used to.

The crowd of citizens at Castle Britannia were all dressed in their best gear as rumors of an impending battle awaited us. The meeting was called by Bob the Capitan of the Guard and if Bob called the meeting we all know that a lot of blood is going to be shed. The thought of engaging an enemy gave me butterflies in my stomach and my nerves were on edge. I had not been in battle on an assignment since we took up arms with Jade Hushenhoy against Minax seven years ago.

Bob was right on time tonight so that means the news was of dire importance. He was very concerned as to why Ricardo a master thief would be giving away free pies at the main gate. There was more to the story and we were instructed to follow Bob to confront the generous thief whose recipe for Shepherd’s pie was exquisite.

We arrived at Ricardo and he was truly insane “Hello Mr. Pink Gorilla. Would you like a pie?” he had gone off the deep end. Then out of nowhere a panting Daniel Ravens came running towards us apologizing for the news he was about to deliver. The foul beast Virtue Bane was spotted where Magincia used to stand and this was our chance to take vengeance for the loss of our queen….to arms!!!!

We arrived at the location were the great city once stood and there was an eerie silence. We looked around and there was nothing to be seen which had us all unsettled. Then a smell so foul came forth and I knew that the time was here and I unsheathed my sword. The beasts spilled forth by the dozens and all our fear turned into screams of anger as we lunged forward to engage the scourge.

The battle was going well as we had the help of the divine spirits and we began to repel the enemy when all of a sudden the beast himself arrived. Virtue Bane unleashed a fury of damage to the crowd around him and citizens began to fall by the dozens. I tried to run but my feet were slowed and then BAM I was OOOoOOooOOoo.

The dead were all around me and we all ran trying to find someone to bring us back to the world of the living so we could fight again (Not too smart are we?). The friendly Lady Katrina saw I was in need of the breath of life stepped up to the plate and brought me back to the land of the living. I was mad! How dare him! I was going to pummel the punk virtue bane into the ground!! OOOoooOOooOooO thanks again Katrina.

I have never seen so many Virtue Bane’s in one place they kept spawning all over the place. He must come from a very large family because he must have had 40 twin brothers….poor mother. I must have gone to the land of the dead over 20 times and the battle was making us weary. I was running all over trying to assist people who just didn’t have it in them to fight any longer….Get up and fight!!!!

The troops were spent but with one last push we sent the foul beasts running. The beach was close and I could smell the fresh air of the sea and the breeze on my sweaty brow. Bob was standing on the edge of the bank and instructed all of us to destroy the altar. This was hopefully the end because my exhaustion was taking its toll on me and I could barely move my legs.

We arrived at the altar to find Virtue Bane awaiting us and with the last bit of spirit we had…ATTACK!!! I have never seen the citizens of Sosaria fight with such determination and anger. This beast was going down for good!!! I could see it in Virtue Bane’s eyes that he was feeling fear and there was no way he was going to win this battle. He then fled into the gate and with one glorious attack we crushed the altar and it collapsed to the ground…the fight was over.

Bob was very impressed with the valiant bravery of the guard and gifts were handed out to each of us for our efforts. Have we seen the last of Virtue Bane? I don’t know but this reporter is spent and it is time for some well-earned mead and a good book…now leave me alone Mongo!