• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event Report] Meet & Greet & Mesanna Roulette

K

Kayne

Meet & Greet with Sarakan & Emile, plus Mesanna Roulette
11th December 2011

On the 11th December I went along to the meet and greet with Sarakan and Emile Layne. The counsellors hall was filled with a good number of people from around the lands turned up to meet the EM's.

To everyone's surprise Mesanna appeared and spoke to the EM's:

Mesanna: Hello everyone

Elder EM Emile Layne: Welcome Mesanna

Mesanna: nothing is going down. just came to talk to your EM's
Both of you have been with the program for 3+ years now. I want to tell you both how much I appreciate and respect both of you

Sevelle: we do too !

Mesanna: You have stuck with us to make it what it is today and I want to thank you for this. I want to give you both a new look to bring in the new year

Elder EM Emile Layne: *Smiles proudly*

Elder EM Sarakan: *smiles* Its the new green

Elder EM Emile Layne: *Struts*

Mesanna: Your the only shard that has their original EM's on it. That makes you guys pretty special imo!

Elder EM Emile Layne: *Smiles at Sarakan*

Mesanna: *hugs* and *claps*

Tyranissa Wrath: *claps*
wanda: awesome
Alaster The Mad: * applauds*
Elder EM Sarakan: *smiles back*
Kay Flamborough: *applauds*
Sabrianne: *claps*
Escaflowne: *Claps*

Aron Swordmaster: We wouldn't trade them for anything.
Aurelius: We don't plan on letting them leave...

Mesanna: thank you

Elder EM Emile Layne: Thank you very much Mesanna

Elder EM Sarakan: Thank you indeed

Elder EM Emile Layne: *Looks at his new threads*

Elder EM Sarakan: *is a bit overcome*

Elder EM Emile Layne: Not too tight in the rear?

wokhoss: u ass looks a lil big
Kayne: Yes your bum does look big Emile
Arbas: Black suits you... although death robe grey might have worked too...

Elder EM Sarakan: Can i say something quickly?
This shard is the best by far and it has been an honour to serve here. We have had ups and downs

Elder EM Emile Layne: I second that!

Elder EM Sarakan: More ups than downs And you, our players have supported our events. We would like to thank you for making this little old game still the best place for role play, imagination

Elder EM Emile Layne: Yes, thank you all for making this job fun!

Elder EM Sarakan: and freedom to do what you want. Thats it

Elder EM Emile Layne: I have nothing more to add. Very well said Sarakan

Kayne: Sarakan, Emile we are honoured to have you guys here, we have fun because of the work you do
Perry Rhodan: thanks to you
Brynhild: What Kayne said.
Alaster The Mad: you rock EMs
Escaflowne: Thank you for all your hard work Emile and Sarakan
Aron Swordmaster: Thank you for adding the originality that keeps the game fresh
Kay Flamborough: and thanks for staying with us
Aron Swordmaster: And thank you to Mesanna for her work in returning history to the lands too (I saw the recent return of Atlantic's Mage Tower, do keep the good work up)

Once this was done we were then treated to Mesanna Roulette. The winning item was a lantern with the inscription "I was able to see my way to beat Mesanna playing roulette - Europa"

The losing item was "a piece of cloth from the Old EM's robes"

Many thanks to Alaster the Mad who supplied the extra sceenshots taken in the Enhanced Client.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Much to my surprise I actually won. However as my friend Jack Flash collects Messana Roulette items it now resides with his collection.

So at least one lantern will remain on Europa.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

SOOOOOOOOOO grateful!

though I have promised, should I up and quit again, it will be returned to you ;)

Thanks Bob

Jack

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How nice of you Bobar :) .

I was also the lucky winner of a lantern, and I can assure you that it will stay on Europa as well.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nice, so yourself, Bobar, and LeBaiton, I wonder who was the 4th winner, I wonder if all the Lanterns are still on our shard?

K

Kayne

Well done to those who won and thanks for adding a pic of the item Jack...not winning I didnt have one :)

You ever quit and I want your house and all its items - much like you probably had my old house when it fell :D

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am as of yet not planning on selling my Mesanna roulette winning lantern...

I would only consider selling it if I would ever need something outrageously expensive...

... like a complete Sampire suit with uber mods *hint hint*

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am as of yet not planning on selling my Mesanna roulette winning lantern...

I would only consider selling it if I would ever need something outrageously expensive...

... like a complete Sampire suit with uber mods *hint hint*
hmmmm well i am interested here! Will need to have a chat with Oz about the making of the suit :)

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grats to Bobar one of the most genuine people i know on Europa.

The event was shambolic! People only got half an hour to get there and discrimination to reds again!.

This isnt the EM's fault ofc but the creator of an event which does nothing more than throw more items at people instead of working on real events and real issues.

Pretty sure a 4 year old could have made up this so called event.

Lots of people have waited a long time for this to arrive on Europa lord knows why i only hope it never returns.

K

Kayne

PJay crawl back into your feluccan dungeon. The "event" was not a shambles. Take a look at the pictures a good 30 or so people turned up to what was advertised to be only a simple meet and greet.
As for the comment about a 4 year old making up the event, it was a meet and greet that doesnt require anything to make up. As for roulette itself how else do you want such a game to be done? Fancy graphics and a dungeon crawl first? Its roulette you win you get a prize - you lose and you die.

People got plenty of warning the meet and greet was happening so its your fault if you didnt bother to turn up to it, you say about throwing items at people and yet you complain you missed a chance at the items...make your mind up. If you were interested in the event you would have been at the meet and greet without the chance of mesanna roulette being a possibility.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say, i wanted to attend this. However all my chars are red. And someone remarked in chat that there are consequences to my actions.

Most reds are nice honest player, all griefers are blue. That is not to say that all blues are griefers. Red players go red because they have to kill griefers who are blue.

And we can't attend the events because of this....

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Kayne! I was refering to the 20 - 30 extra people at the em hall who were waiting to join in but i guess you meant to insult them also!

Ideas for events should be fun and engaging this 'on the back of a cig packet' style event isnt what people pay their money for.

A 4 year old could have indeed concieved this so called event roll a number wrong u die right u win WOW.

Someone told me of the event and how they pvp'd in fel while waiting for their turn. Just what i wanted to hear!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And how many more hours would you accept being stood in a queue for Mesanna Roulette whilst she provided "something fun and engaging" for each individual person, as well as the extra "20 - 30" on top of the queue that was already there?

Oh, you can try and fudge the issue by claiming the event should have been something different, but it still leaves your argument in tatters to simply point out;

A.) Then it wouldn't have been Mesanna Roulette, which you claim you wanted to go too, not just any old EM event, and...

B.) That's what every other shard got too, so why weren't you aware of this? What did you think you were waiting "years" for?

It comes back to the old "Risk vs Reward", "Time vs Effort" argument I'm afraid, and how the majority always saw it for what it was; if you aren't prepared to put the minimal effort in to know that EM events are almost always at 8pm UK time, and don't check here and on the EM's board for when they are coming up, and can't even be there on time (The EMs are usually 5 or so minutes late) and thus hop a gate when it's popped...

... and if you aren't going to invest time and effort and struggle into the EM system, and realise that if you want to experience the entire range of potential events, you need to be there for most of them... It wasn't even advertised as a Mesanna event, people just took the risk and turned up wondering what it could be, because "meet and greets" have often turned out to be surprising in the past...

...and if you aren't going to make the sort of effort to develop a network of genuine friends, or just be the sort of genuine person people want to share information with, instead of them by your own account apparently getting an alt account into the event and not bothering to tell you in advance of it... You know, I believe the rares trading community were talking amongst themselves that it could be Mesanna event beforehand, which is why there was such a huge turn out for a "talking" event. So people who make a selfish profit off scarcity and human greed have more respect for each other than your pvp'ing dual boxer... and whose fault is that, really?

Well, then no, it's no surprise you and many others missed the Event.

And what would you have done if you were there anyway? Again, you'd have stood in line like the rest of us and got an item. It wasn't an exciting event, unless you enjoy the glamour of Mythic staff being there; Or... would you have just stood there? In Merv's case, it's rather obvious he would have only been there to make another ham fisted attempt at getting attention, which would have made people wince with pity for the complete Dunning-Kruger'esque tragedy on display.

There certainly wouldn't have been any PvP at it, although our EMs are trying to support you in Felucca for that content too. There's 3 Fel events listed on the front page here at Europa Stratics as it is... But I gather virtually none of the pvp crowd bothered to turn up for the first one though. Like the "classic" shard arguments, the moment any practical limitations or sacrifices are mentioned, or you just ask people to be reasonable in describing what they'd accept, they refuse to get involved unless they are pandered too completely and utterly.

Heck, I suspect that many PKers would only accept one kind of EM event; that those who do engage more fully then had to run through a single obvious location, let's say the Star Room, to escape with their EM items after an event; and then perhaps you could PK them and thus force them to play in a way you prefer, as well as taking those items and imagine how upset they are to lose them, and how big and strong that makes you eh?

And then they'd complain no one wanted to do such events...

But tell me; have you actually bothered to take the time to design an event and submit it to the EMs? What have you done to make them actually more fun? They've ran one of my ideas, the idea to recreate the classic sea battle in Ultima IV. And why didn't you or Merv run for Lord Protector? You could have pushed for more Felucca focused events that way; Escaflowne ran, on the policy of Chaos... and in the end, we got a national policy on pants instead. Did you even vote for either though? Or consider trying to unseat Alaster now? Which would mean going to the next talking event and getting involved and investing effort into building support for a recall motion...

... but it would pay off in the long run. You'd certainly never miss an event again, because you'd be helping steer them in the first place.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW good ! now to respond.

I didn't want to goto the event id heard of the event from other shards and simply couldnt believe at a time of promising change (or so we were led to believe) the only outcome was Major Item spawning Pixel after Pixel and added pixels. Mesanna Roulette is a perfect example of give a baby a card board box and it will play with it for hours.

A member in the guild meantioned he was at the event and so someone went to the em hall and said wow there were loads of people there. The player at the event said just go through the gate... Which there wasnt one because people got half an hour and that was it.

Ive bashed the EM's in the past But after attending the fel event a few weeks back i got to speak to them and i support them! i can see the pressure they face.

As for Mesanna a Global not shard restricted person the event should have been Global no excuses it should have been open to the whole shard.

I have many friends in uo, bobar is one, jack flash another i would help them anyway possible and answer anything they ask i also have other friends in this game so im guessing that was a cheap shot.

I would love to run for lord protector tell me where the fel talking event is actually Merv should run because the knowledge he posses and wisdom is at times Godlike.

The EM after the 3rd fel event meantioned ideas and im intending to submit some ideas but rl often takes over (redoing my bathroom) so im sorry.

EM events Do no have to occur in Tram! Guardzones will keep blue players safe unless they are unaware of the flagging rules. Reds could show up (even though doing so would be suicide).

Yes fel players are more verbal due to the fact they see their lands ripped to pieces by trammal where players dont even learn about uo game mechanics. We believe if trammal players have an experience of fel some will try it and learn about UO.

If youve read my other posts you will also know i want this game to get better but all that seems to happen is mass items get added to the game almost daily no bug fixes no story arcs just roll a dice get a free item.

To clarify i do not aim any of my frustration towards the Em's at this event, just mesanna.