• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[EM Event] Meeting with Queen Zhah (Saturday 6th) [Warning: Spoilers Inside]

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DATE: Saturday 6th August 2011
TIME: 8pm UK, 9pm CEST, 3pm EDT, 11pm MSK

Queen Zhah requires your assistance in an important mission.

[Note - be prepared for combat]

Source: Meeting with Queen Zhah

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Re: [EM Event] Meeting with Queen Zhah (Saturday 6th)

So we have an EM event in some place that some people cant go to because they dont have SA..... thought the events was for everyone...

Now I myself have SA and I guess so does many other people, and if its a part of the global events I can understand it. But actually to exclude a group of people because they dont have the expansion......

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We've had EM Events before in SA and I can't remember a big deal being made then.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well lets take a look at the other side of that coin.

Would it be fair to people who have bought an expansion to exclude the lands there from events?.

Also this looks like a global event. The Europa EMs are pretty good in that they base shard events where nearly all can attend. Remember some places we go to were ALL expansions once.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Well lets take a look at the other side of that coin.

Would it be fair to people who have bought an expansion to exclude the lands there from events?.

Also this looks like a global event. The Europa EMs are pretty good in that they base shard events where nearly all can attend. Remember some places we go to were ALL expansions once.
Yes it would since the EM events shouldnt exclude players that doesnt want an expansion. But global events are different hence why we also have them. And you don't buy the expansion only because there is a chance for EM event there do you? You buy it because of the new options, new chars, new lands, new skills so on.

And yes this is a Global EM event already started on a few shards, but most of the events held in those other places was held after it was an "free" update to all accounts.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes it would since the EM events shouldnt exclude players that doesnt want an expansion. But global events are different hence why we also have them. And you don't buy the expansion only because there is a chance for EM event there do you? You buy it because of the new options, new chars, new lands, new skills so on.

And yes this is a Global EM event already started on a few shards, but most of the events held in those other places was held after it was an "free" update to all accounts.
Like I said, this isn't new we've been to Ter Mur before with Europa events, Even right after launch.. It's been 2 years, When do you draw the line? If there were 3 months of Ter Mur events I see your point, This is 1 event.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Like I said, this isn't new we've been to Ter Mur before with Europa events, Even right after launch.. It's been 2 years, When do you draw the line? If there were 3 months of Ter Mur events I see your point, This is 1 event.
Well Im just saying, should be for all.

But well with the "Defiler hand" reward, people will attend :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Big trouble i some people make up a free trail account or two [ dont think the trails are SA ].... merely to try and run as many ''new'' characters threw the event end to collect loads of the end event trinkets.....like the last global event with the statue in memory of the dawn the valiant queen...

so maybe they should make it SA only lands.......stop this farce

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Big trouble i some people make up a free trail account or two [ dont think the trails are SA ].... merely to try and run as many ''new'' characters threw the event end to collect loads of the end event trinkets.....like the last global event with the statue in memory of the dawn the valiant queen...

so maybe they should make it SA only lands.......stop this farce
Ehm lately they made it so "young/new players" cant get rewards. But since the storyline is a part of global ter mur event its okay. But considering the players who do not have SA, its not great to exclude them. We saw at HS event EM had to teleport people from ship to ship. But hey EA gets more sales forcing people to by SA if there is EM events that are not global held in those areas.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Errrrr well only saying .............

........but really there cant be many players who have not at least upgraded to SA..never mind the HS.... it costs peanuts and kinda sad too....

but if they have not upgraded ....they are only denying themselves by doing so??? kinda there own fault and please dont come back saying people cant afford it....no no no...if they are playing UO then iam pretty sure it would be hard to play without the basic SA and who would deny themselves the pleasures of HS for the price of a 6 pack!!!!

maybe ur getting mixed up with players second and third accounts that may not have been upgraded...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

LordAngelus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

[EDIT] Oh it's SA, not High Seas, so I don't mind then, it's just saturday I go out, I don't get me geek on ^^

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It makes perfect sense to use ALL lands using ALL expansions for global events, how can these places develop into an integral part of UO otherwise?.

They have no history and need to develop one that melds them into our world. To use new lands that have been with us for 2 years or so seems logical to me. I cannot support the non-use of 'new' lands that have been with us for that long in case a few people still dont have that particular extension. Players who purchase expansions have a right to expect developments to include them.

There is also the consideration that EA want to use them to induce people to buy them. They are, after all, a business and finance is paramount to them.
Mercenary of course but thats life!.

I've already said that our EMS tend to keep their events in lands where most can go. Global events they have to do the same as all shards.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

well i will be a work- well 95% chance i will!!! as i doubt i can book a shift off with such short notice..so as normal miss out on these great events

hopefully someone will bag me the end trinket from the dispenser award giver...and i will make it worth there while...

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran

It makes perfect sense to use ALL lands using ALL expansions for global events, how can these places develop into an integral part of UO otherwise?.

They have no history and need to develop one that melds them into our world. To use new lands that have been with us for 2 years or so seems logical to me. I cannot support the non-use of 'new' lands that have been with us for that long in case a few people still dont have that particular extension. Players who purchase expansions have a right to expect developments to include them.

There is also the consideration that EA want to use them to induce people to buy them. They are, after all, a business and finance is paramount to them.
Mercenary of course but thats life!.

I've already said that our EMS tend to keep their events in lands where most can go. Global events they have to do the same as all shards.
Im not saying they shouldnt use it for global event, I said if it was shard specific EM event I think they shouldnt use places where some people cant go without expansion. Global events are more of history and storyline that actually has to do with why we get these new lands. While EM events are short RP storylines made by EMs for the players on their shard.

But since its an Global event its fair enough to have it in Ter Mur since its part of global storyline. But everyone looks at things differently. I have SA so I have no need to complain, but I think people should remember not everyone has all expansions, maybe next we need to have the bazaar expansion or something that people might not need or have yet just to attend an one evening event. Where do we draw the line? hence why all Shard based EM events should be where people who has not bought expansions can attend.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Im pretty sure all rewards will be the same, but dont blame me if they are not this reward has been given at the 3 events so far.
(its a vending machine so you click and get item)

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Im pretty sure all rewards will be the same, but dont blame me if they are not this reward has been given at the 3 events so far.
(its a vending machine so you click and get item)
I hear that doubleclicking the hand makes you sparkle.
Also, that it's not insurable :(

So, not as handy as you might think :D