• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elves Vs Humans

KingX

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this has probably came up time and time again but me and a guildy where just having a conversation about it.

For a sampire, wammy archer and such what one is better

I was always under the impression that the 20 mana from elves made them better.

His reasoning was the lmc from joat made humans better.

so what is the verdict?

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was right till they changed the lmc for special moves from joat. So from there it depends on you. 20 mana from Elf or Joat as Human for the Focus/Alchy etc skills ....

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer human.
Elves may get 20 more mana but humans can carry more weight and they regenerate stamina, health and mana a tad quicker.

You'd think they'd give elves an archery bonus like gargoyles have for throwing. That would in my eyes, make them much more appealing.

C

Cloak&Dagger

In drawn out battles, and assuming you use all meddable armor, Humans are better. the MR you get from med+focus is better than 20 extra mana, but for bursts 20 extra mana is better. Really comes down to what you are doing and your preferences.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I prefer using elf characters for my PvM sampires and archers. I find the 20 extra mana is essential so I can run max dex and high str (for hps). 20 mana would take 3 imbued mods on a suit. Plus, NS alone saves another mod too. I find the regen rates too low to outweigh the benefits of the mana and NS for PvM.

For PvP chars, I always use humans for JOAT skills and the extra regen rates.

-OBSIDIAN-