• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eliminate the taming skill...

V

Vyal

Rico I don't think I have ever agreed with any post you have ever made....

Tamers arn't overpowered for one, if anything UO needs to think about making skills harder to obtain.

AND Chiv Archers are def more powerfull then any super DOH!

Instead of people going out and grindin for 12 hours straight and gming every skill they need by using 3rd party programs or just doin it by hand.

Take a look at other games people spend years developing one character well maybe not years but a very long time.

Introduce new mobs, new items would be the first step, then raise the amount of time it takes to gain skills. DO AWAY WITH GOLEMS FOR gods sake talk about a AFK skill trainers dream derrrrRRRRRrrRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRrrr UO devs almost as stupid as the US gov.

Also without tamers you would have no horses, llamas, mounts, what have you - please RICO this thread is a waste of space on stratics and if you havn't noticed this site is crap and can't handle the pay load of people and stupid threads as it is.

I can watch 25 movies streaming from websites at the same time and have hardly any stress on my PC but I come to stratics and wait 15 min to load up one stupid thread to reply to it.

and stop thinking your the best thief around...
Dude I made a thief and within one month I already have stolen 50+ 120's and two replicas. I bet you havn't stole that much in your entire UO career.
:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

I'll take everything your *** got.

:scholar: :scholar:

S

SeaCaptain

The day when tamers had no pet slots and you could walk into a random dungeon and see a tamer with several dragons was sad, but thay fixed it. There are ways to combat a tamer on the pvp field. Bards with hiding and stealth can make any pet worthless on the field of PvP. Do I think they have an unfair advantage in PvP, yes but the key is to adapt and overcome not ask the developers to remove a class because they are to much to handle. I have a tamer and love it but I do not make nearly the money I do with my Bushy. I do agree that thieves need a little more love in the game I miss playing my old school thief, now he is just a arti collector phew....

B

Bouche835

2 points...

1. When have I ever stated or stated I thought I was the best thief?
2. It's spelled "you're"...la
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/your

YOUR yʊər, yɔr, yoʊr; unstressed yər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [yoor, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer] Show IPA Pronunciation

–pronoun 1. (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
2. one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
3. (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a better idea, let's eliminate these stupid "Eliminate the (skill)" threads...

L

Limlight

Also without tamers you would have no horses, llamas, mounts, what have you - please RICO this thread is a waste of space on stratics and if you havn't noticed this site is crap and can't handle the pay load of people and stupid threads as it is.
Actually, I have never bought a mount from a tamer. I always just shell out the 576 from a npc and get myself a horse. Also, the argument isnt against Horse..Llamas....or even Dragons and Mares for that matter.

The argument is against Dread Mares and Greaters 2 hit killing people and the Cu's being ridable and able to tank anything.

Lil more then 360, #1 how are you getting there if your pets unbonded, how do you heal yourself when injured or poisoned (pots won't keep ya alive) ??? It takes magery, so approx 100 there. Now Ol school thieves didn't have ninja to be good & run away as a pup, I know many & I mean many with only Stealing, Hiding & snooping, No Steath as a 4th (like a tamer needing magery) Stealth isn't a requirement, yes it's helpful as all, not not a requirement. Many were fencers, w/tactics w/DP kryss's. Now Ninja is again an ADD on Like either Eval or Med would be to the tamer w/magery. Now to be even a better Tamer add on Chiv to take off mortal.
All this thread is, is a to get many going... Be alot easier dumping the Thieves skill then the tamers. Far less thieves then tamers & I have a 120 thief. Sure would be alot less & thats for sure
Sorry friend...360 is all that is needed....
Put on a Alchy Bauble and a Ecru Citrine Ring and carry around Greaer Heals, Cures and Invis pots and you can easily survive in pvm unless your a complete moron. Also, who fights with an un-bonded pet? Because I have never seen it unless its being trained and then its usually on a shadow elemental or swoops.

Now throw on top of that they can use bolas and its just dumb.

Personally, I think a good solution is to make Bola's only usable if you have 100 in anatomy. (Bola's look like a weapon and should be treated as such)

Sampires were certainly overpowered in PVM...but it atleast took constant work....all your skill points and leet gear.

I know when I hunt with my tamer...its mainly if I am eating while playing...its not hard to eat breakfast and hit my all kill macro and just watch. If your pet does die...OH NOES! .1 loss in skill...rez...repeat...

People compare Tamers and Sampires...they are nothing alike....if a Tamer and Sampire do a peerless solo...the tamer's weapon can die as much as the tamer wants....if a Sampire dies...he is completely screwed.

Throw on top of all that...Tamers barely get hit so 90% of the Trammel ones run around in all 30's armor and like 1800 luck. Dexers and Mages dont have the option of fitting luck onto a suit...which allows for ...*you guessed it* even more loot for the tamer.

R

RichDC

Put on a Alchy Bauble and a Ecru Citrine Ring and carry around Greaer Heals, Cures and Invis pots and you can easily survive in pvm unless your a complete moron
Just wanted to say that that combo is a waste of a bracelet...

50%EP is the item max you can have

You can only get 80%EP with a 50%ring (alchemy bauble and 20 ring) and the GM Alchemy skill

G

Goodoljoe

You simply got to accept fact,that despite the infinite whines about tamers,its been a popular skill for a long time,not saying its necesarily perfectly balanced,but takes a lot of effort and dedication (and i dont mean the scripters in jhelom) .If you take into account
sampires,well,you still need quite a lot of gear as sampire to solo that peerless or doom,its more a thing for the elite,you dont see a newbie saying ´´ah im gona make a sampire and solo dreadhorn``,and if he does,well,good luck with that.If they nerfed taming tomorrow too much,there would be none left to play new expansion or any new content.Maybe its a situation that has been let go for too long?Well,probably.Is it waaay to late to change? yes,that too.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please RICO this thread is a waste of space on stratics and if you havn't noticed this site is crap and can't handle the pay load of people and stupid threads as it is.
And yet you responded to it, rofl...la

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Rico wants to kick me out of the game...

...and after I stood up for his 'Stealing from Trammel Houses' thread.

Tsk tsk.

You need to learn where your bread is buttered sir.

Besides, if they were going to get rid of a skill in UO, it should be Camping.

No one uses that! :D