• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elf or Human?

E

Eldril

I am in the process of creating a new tamer and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on creating an elf vs a human tamer?

Also, what are some good starting stats for a new character. I'm leaning towards a mage tamer with the following goals:
Taming 100
Animal Lore 100
Vet 120
Mage 100
Med 60
Disco 120
Music 120

Strenght 100
Int 100
Dex 25

Just not sure what stats I should start at 50 for a new character? Tamer/Disco?

I'm assuming from the all the posts, this is a good template.

Any help would be appreciated?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one thing I'd suggest ammending is your taming skill, as you'll find greater dragons, dread mares and cus etc would be out of your reach at GM. I'd suggest 110 taming, lore and vet if you can.

I'd say start with taming and disco at 50, as they're likely to be the trickiest to raise.

To max the speed of your gains, try to keep your total skill usage as low as possible. One way I do this is to train a few skills, soulstone them off and then train another couple.

Hope that helps you a little :)

Wenchy

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't want to mess with that template to much. Drop Vet down to GM and put 10 points each in vet and lore to get them to 110.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only difference between elf and human is that an elf doesn't have to wear pads of the cu sidhe in order to ride a pup.

And elves get 20 more mana.

Apart from that, do what Wenchkin says.

E

Eldril

Thanks guys. I'll adjust Taming, Lore and Vet up as recommended (110). So is there a magic number that I should keep my skill totals under for maximum gains?

S

Shantia

I belive you have to be under 400 points to get the most out of the GGS.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only difference between elf and human is that an elf doesn't have to wear pads of the cu sidhe in order to ride a pup.

And elves get 20 more mana.

Apart from that, do what Wenchkin says.
Definately make an elf! Only elfs are able to tame a cu. And I can promise ... If you make a human tamer, you will come across that rare blaze
super-cu and dont have a chance on taming one. :D

T

this guy

Is that so? You have to be an Elf if you want to want to train cu sidhe? Cause I've been looking at those dogs and they seem extremely appealing. I spose I could use a soulstone my skills to an Elf later on.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can own cu sidhe as a human, and ride them if you wear the pads of cu sidhe, but only elves can do the actual taming. But it's not too horrific to switch over to human after you've found your perfect pup. If you plan to make a career cu taming, make an elf. Otherwise switching might suit you better.

Wenchy

T

this guy

I'm not a career man, myself. I just wanna roll with the dogg pound in case the 5-0 come knockin' on my door, aks'in me bout s**t don't nobody s'posed to know 'bout. That's all =D

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys. I'll adjust Taming, Lore and Vet up as recommended (110). So is there a magic number that I should keep my skill totals under for maximum gains?
Personally, when I go on a training spree with my tamer, I drop everything except taming and lore. Seems to help quite a bit.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you read up on the GGS system you'll see a nice chart on this page which explains how your skill point usage affects GGS etc.

Wenchy

R

Remyi

On the topic of switching races...When you do it, do you lose any specially dyed hair you might have?

E

Eldril

Thanks for all of the feedback all. I've created an Elf and am looking forward to the fun of taming.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If memory serves me right you have to pick hair and skin tone when you change, so I'd expect you'd lose any fancy hair colour when you convert.

Wenchy

R

RichDC

PvM Tamers are actually the ONLY template i would ALWAYS say go elf!!

More mana, tame cu's, stichers mittens (and others...the music arms for you could be good), and the extra 5 energy...does surprisingly make a difference!

R

Remyi

Thanks. I found one of the conjurer red hair dyes, and I'm a bit frustrated that I can't tame cu sidhes...but it looks like I won't be switching after all :(.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard are you on? Maybe one of us can find you a good puppy.

Wenchy

R

Remyi

Pacific :\ Seems to be one of the unpopular shards these days..

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific :\ Seems to be one of the unpopular shards these days..
No quite the opposite. I'll tame you anything you want and so will a lot of people here. Just farm the things until you find the right one you want and let me know. My icq's in my profile.