• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Elemental damage weapons

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am fairly new to smithing, but I am a pretty competent tailor and I am real familiar with reforging. HOWEVER, I can't seem to get weapons with 100% elemental damage, or even 80% so I can enhance after imbuing the rest of what I want. I do know/think that "Exquisite/Quality" is what I need to reforge, but I seem to be stuck. Not sure how many charges etc... I have been using "Exquisite/Quality", "Vampiric" and powerful (6 charges) because I like the leeches anyway. Can anybody point me in the right direction please? HELP!!!!

FYI, I don't minding burning hammers, but I am not sure which one to use.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only need 70 for fire and cold (maybe even 60 for fire), I just used shadow or dull copper for those. Whichever is the better one of those two.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's easy to get 60% or 70% with dull copper, which for fire and cold can be enhanced to 100%. It's possible to get 100% with shadow but takes a while (be sure to use Powerful).

Warrick

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This question should be in the Craftsman Forum but since we've already started...

To make 100% Elemental Damage weapon:
-Craft weapon with normal iron using normal Smith's tool
-Then re-forge the weapon using a Shadow Runic Hammer with these settings (will use 4 charges):
  • Powerful Re-Forging
  • Grand Artifice
  • Inspired Artifice
  • Choose Name >> Exquisite Quality
About 1 out of 20 or so attempts will produce 100% elemental damage.
A personal observation: For some reason 100% Energy damage seems to be the hardest to obtain.

TIP: If the re-forge attempt produces a 60% Fire damage or 80% Cold damage weapon you can still get to 100% if you enhance it with special iron. So, let's say your re-forge attempt produces a weapon with 60% Fire elemental damage... no problem, enhance the weapon with Bronze Iron to give it an additional 40% boost to bring it to 100%. For Cold, enhance with Shadow Iron to boost Cold damage by an additional 20%. Those are the only two (Fire and Cold) where you can cheat a little with enhancing.

After you produce your 100% elemental weapon then use POF and Imbue as desired.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for all the help folks! And yes, I had a brain cramp and didn't even think about putting it in the craftsman forum. It got moved though. :)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This question should be in the Craftsman Forum but since we've already started...

To make 100% Elemental Damage weapon:
-Craft weapon with normal iron using normal Smith's tool
-Then re-forge the weapon using a Shadow Runic Hammer with these settings (will use 4 charges):
  • Powerful Re-Forging
  • Grand Artifice
  • Inspired Artifice
  • Choose Name >> Exquisite Quality
About 1 out of 20 or so attempts will produce 100% elemental damage.
A personal observation: For some reason 100% Energy damage seems to be the hardest to obtain.

TIP: If the re-forge attempt produces a 60% Fire damage or 80% Cold damage weapon you can still get to 100% if you enhance it with special iron. So, let's say your re-forge attempt produces a weapon with 60% Fire elemental damage... no problem, enhance the weapon with Bronze Iron to give it an additional 40% boost to bring it to 100%. For Cold, enhance with Shadow Iron to boost Cold damage by an additional 20%. Those are the only two (Fire and Cold) where you can cheat a little with enhancing.

After you produce your 100% elemental weapon then use POF and Imbue as desired.
Thanks for the advice. It worked very well! I got exactly the weapons I needed.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is something important that was left out of this. I recently discovered that holding a ancient hammer of +30 or +60 during reforging greatly increases you chance to get a 100% elemental damage weapon when reforging with shadow hammers. If done correctly it doesn't even use a charge on the AH.

My success rate changed from 1 per 22 average to 3-4 per 22! I also noticed an increase in 60-80. % weapons.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is something important that was left out of this. I recently discovered that holding a ancient hammer of +30 or +60 during reforming greatly increases you chance to get a 100% elemental damage weapon when reforming with shadow hammers. If done correctly it doesn't even use a charge on the AH.

My success rate changed from 1 per 22 average to 3-4 per 22! I also noticed an increase in 60-80. % weapons.
AWESOME! Great to know, thanks.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is something important that was left out of this. I recently discovered that holding a ancient hammer of +30 or +60 during reforging greatly increases you chance to get a 100% elemental damage weapon when reforging with shadow hammers. If done correctly it doesn't even use a charge on the AH.

Care to elaborate on "done correctly"? Is it craft normally w/o the AH and then equip the AH once you go to reforge?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stand next to the soul forge ....place AH in your hand double click on the show runic hammer in your bag, click on the weapon you want to reforge ...select appropriate setting and hit the reforge button. The shadow hammer will lose 4 charges but the AH won't .

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just performed a test on TC:
Gargole 120 Smith/120 Imb
Public soulforge in Ter Mur Royal City /not QueenSF
3*100 exceptional dagger
Exc/Of Quality +Power (4 Charge)
+0 (no hammer) / +30 Ash Hammer / +60 Ash IN HAND in reforge proces
100% Elemental output:
8 (+0) / 10 (+30 ) /9 (+60)
Soo, i belive, in my case there is no any bonus to elemental output.
@TimberWolf -can you test again with your Character and at the same soulforge and with same items as you did before, BUT with at least 50 atempts for each ash runic?
This can bee performed on TC with no real runic wasting.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You don't need ANY smithing to reforge. My imbuer has 0.1 smithing. Only imbuing skill affects the intensities you're capable or, and the titles/tools you can use.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need ANY smithing to reforge. My imbuer has 0.1 smithing. Only imbuing skill affects the intensities you're capable or, and the titles/tools you can use.
Perhaps it is just rng playing rng games again.... But without the hammer I typically average one 100 elemental weapon per 80 charges for shadow, and about the same ...one 100 hml weapon per 80 copper charges. While holding an AH I get 2-4 for the same number of charges. I dont spend time on test centre usually and the idea of burning few hundreds of hammers to get definitive proof either way is of no interest to me. It cost me nothing to hold an ancient hammer...no uses are consumed....so I guess I will just keep doing it!

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps it is just rng playing rng games again.... But without the hammer I typically average one 100 elemental weapon per 80 charges for shadow, and about the same ...one 100 hml weapon per 80 copper charges. While holding an AH I get 2-4 for the same number of charges. I dont spend time on test centre usually and the idea of burning few hundreds of hammers to get definitive proof either way is of no interest to me. It cost me nothing to hold an ancient hammer...no uses are consumed....so I guess I will just keep doing it!
But it cost time others whoo read this forum.
Others, who spend time on TC and from whom another ppl get real answers for they questions about Crafting/Imbuing etc.

If no confirmation - then it dosnt exist at all.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it cost time others whoo read this forum.
Others, who spend time on TC and from whom another ppl get real answers for they questions about Crafting/Imbuing etc.

If no confirmation - then it dosnt exist at all.
No one is holding a gun to your head telling you...you MUST do it this way!
I dont care if you stuff an ancient Hammer up your wazzoo..and then reforge..I was just telling you what I have found.
If that is an issue...feel free to disregard my recommendation :)

Last edited:

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is holding a gun to your head telling you...you MUST do it this way!
I dont care if you stuff an ancient Hammer up your wazzoo..and then reforge..I was just telling you what I have found.
If that is an issue...fe free to disregard my recommendation :)
Your first message was " Ive seen smthng what may helps your guys"
My respond was "I performed a normal test about things you've seen and didnt seen anyhing. Can you test it on TC with your char and at the same soulforge <cause may bee effect is influnced by your char race/skill/soulforge/item type...>"
Your answer was " Ohhh...test on TC.... it looks too hard for mee to copy char on TC(1minute) and test smth(15min)... i would like just stay here"

Soo, now remains some chance what effect is on for certain race/soulforge...but this remains your personal secret :)

BTW , ive heard some cosy chat near luna bank what drinkig a fresh-made Whiskey GREATLY improve chance to craft a Scrapers Copendium with Super-slayer bonus! May bee some want to test?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your first message was " Ive seen smthng what may helps your guys"
My respond was "I performed a normal test about things you've seen and didnt seen anyhing. Can you test it on TC with your char and at the same soulforge <cause may bee effect is influnced by your char race/skill/soulforge/item type...>"
Your answer was " Ohhh...test on TC.... it looks too hard for mee to copy char on TC(1minute) and test smth(15min)... i would like just stay here"

Soo, now remains some chance what effect is on for certain race/soulforge...but this remains your personal secret :)

BTW , ive heard some cosy chat near luna bank what drinkig a fresh-made Whiskey GREATLY improve chance to craft a Scrapers Copendium with Super-slayer bonus! May bee some want to test?
Then I guess it is just my little secret....maybe you can go log into test center and burn through 5000 shadow hammers while wearing nothing, 5000 while holding a +30 hammer, and 5000 while holding a +60 hammer. Carefully document your results and displaying them in a spread sheet with pivot tables. I don't feel the need to prove anything. I spoke of an anomaly I had observed. Use the information, or ignore it...the choice is yours.

However before you criticize someone for wasting the peoples time who actively read posts here....try spell check! I just wasted too much time trying to decipher the pig latin you use to post here!