• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Elemental damage: was it always like this?

P

pgcd

I have used something like 50 dull copper hammers to craft some 100% elemental damage weapons for my dexer, and the results are, well, depressing.
I get elemental damage often enough (at least a couple items/hammer, I'd say), but it's always mixed damage - if there's 40% fire, there is 30 cold, etc etc.
Now, I was wondering: was it always like this, or is this a side effect of the elemental damage being ignored when rolling for properties (and the notorious RNG streakiness)? I mean, it feels something like a 95% chance that when you get one elemental damage, you get two...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its always worked that way it seems for me! I tend to get more from just killing stuff! but then you never no what the weapon is going to be ! of course i have been collecting them for a while and used a lot of them when imbuing came out

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, that's why it was so hard to get 100% poison items - so hard to get just 1 element in anything from crafting, and then you couldn't enhance poison to 100% the way you could with others.

The RNG was always perverse, with me. 100% Fire on slayers for Fire elementals or Dragons (though the latter rocked against WWs, there isn't much call for it), 100% cold on Snow ele slayers, 100% Poison on Poison ele slayers, etc.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Out of 50 dc hammers you should get about 5 or so 100% elemental damage weapons and another 5 or so that you can enhance to 100% elemental damage but you can't pick what type :) and they may be useless as Basara mentioned. I once had a 100% poison damage poison elemental slayer .

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you're saying about 1/500 will be 100% elemental damage of some type? You come up with this ratio how?

K

Kallie Pigeon

So you're saying about 1/500 will be 100% elemental damage of some type? You come up with this ratio how?
I'm not sure about now but over the course of time that seems about right. Unlike many smiths I still use dull copper hammers and have been using them all along. Hmmm..... well it seems that I own about 5 to one enhanced to 100% weapons/runic created 100% weapons so revising my guess maybe 1 for 10 hammers and more than 10 that can be enhanced to 100% of which more than half will break.