• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EJ accounts go through the remove EJ status gate on TC and then can vote in the castle contest??

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brown gate by voting stone removes the EJ status. It is true. Those with tons of EJ accounts control the contest. And sell votes too.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow that simply stinks!!! That is completely unfair. Why would UO team leave the gate there? UO team needs to reset stone and start over!!!

"

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is true. The real estate person and his two friends control this contest and any other contests to come, and make big real bucks off of it.
Unless the devs reset the votes and remove that EJ status gate. Please make this fair.
If anyone thinks the votes they got legally will not come again, you had no chance in the first place. None of us did.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna removed the gate and is on this. I will be patient and wait.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna said they would restart voting and remove ej castles from voting stone just need to figure out how to find them all

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This must be the most corrupt game in history
It's not the game, it's the people.

My mind doesn't work like that...I don't log in and go *Okay how can I cheat today?* It's the people who's minds go to the cheats, hacks etc.

Unfortunately someone on the team has to think like that to catch all the exploits and loopholes that could possibly happen.

Don't blame the game, blame the people who's goal it is to cheat the system :(

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1642696687963.png

Was just looking at a few of the new ones that were added and now you can't even access the stone.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is true. The real estate person and his two friends control this contest and any other contests to come, and make big real bucks off of it.
Unless the devs reset the votes and remove that EJ status gate. Please make this fair.
If anyone thinks the votes they got legally will not come again, you had no chance in the first place. None of us did.
Will their main accounts get banned over abusing this exploit instead of reporting it?

Guess not but you can dream at least :) Whales rarely face consequences.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately someone on the team has to think like that to catch all the exploits and loopholes that could possibly happen.
I think most players here are realistic enough to know mistakes happen.

What's irritating though is how the robbed shop owner just tells the robber the store will be open again soon instead of banning the robber and eventually taking legal actions. Over and over again. But maybe they are just scamming someone third together. Over and over again :cool:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cmon guys it's their first castle conte..... oh wait.... :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

This is quite hilarious. How many castle contest has there been in the past that this could have impacted? Shouldn't this be something Misk (aka head of QA) caught or at least thought about? Yikes!

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i dont care if ejs enter contest just no voting. devs just give us the castle plots, this all a waste of time. could be improving/fixing game, make both clients fair ect.... we all know, if something can be exploited, it will.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did make a joke before this came out about a glitch saying hey wow they love this castle 50k votes then them saying hey we only have 30k subs lol wish I could pick the winning numbers for lottery lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still offering to sell my votes. No one taking me up. Sounds like a lot of reckless Llama speculation going on here.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do you know how many votes you have ?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still offering to sell my votes. No one taking me up. Sounds like a lot of reckless Llama speculation going on here.
Nice new luna house on Drach or Bal for it. Will even give you the tool to place it. (Jokeing I would not pay for a vote thats cheating)
how do you know how many votes you have ?
Only the Devs know no way for us to tell

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think they should put up the tally at the end of the voting period. I would love that.

So many nice designs....a few REALLY bad ones but it's been really hard to chose.

I wouldn't waste a vote on my own design because there are so many that are WAY better lol.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they should put up the tally at the end of the voting period. I would love that.

So many nice designs....a few REALLY bad ones but it's been really hard to chose.

I wouldn't waste a vote on my own design because there are so many that are WAY better lol.
They did that in the beginning but Llama won by such high numbers it was embarrassing to the others. The third place one had like 10 votes...

This round seems very popular. I hope players know they have to go back and vote again. a lot voted in the first days.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain I guess I missed the Llama voting round
what happen ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain I guess I missed the Llama voting round
what happen ?
The first time this was done. 1 Keep was against all the Castles. (they did not have clear rules on what to build) The Keep made by Llama won big.
All 3 of my Keeps are that design because it is so good.

So the same conspiracy theorists came out and cried.

P.S. A player from LS has been in the top 3 in each contest usually the #1 spot.

One has a real good chance this time. It was very popular in TC chat on the first few days. I wont say who because the :tinhat:will come out.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What they need to do is allow us to build on test centre like they are and then let Mesanna ok it for the shards. there are alot there with issues as well doors lining into walls so cant walk into them missing tiles

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Brown gate is not there as of just now. Someone prolly used their brains for a change and removed it to prevent this situation.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Naitch said:
This must be the most corrupt game in history
It's not the game, it's the people.

My mind doesn't work like that...I don't log in and go *Okay how can I cheat today?* It's the people who's minds go to the cheats, hacks etc.

Don't blame the game, blame the people who's goal it is to cheat the system :(
No honey, its the WORLD we live in. This world is so corrupt and morally bankrupt. I think mankind deserves a good smiting like God did in the Old testament. Maybe that's what Covid really is - the Wrath of God. Something to think about.,

Last edited:

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man That Dude "that banned people from houses so they couldn't get their winnings" sure has all his buddies out grinding and crying about us Selling houses for our game style.:bdh:

Why aren't you crying about the houses with 40 or more EM drop items on safes? Seems weird to me they HAVE THAT MANY all on Atlantic from other shards! Why not make EM drops Shard Bound? You People that Don't win everything you want are the real drain on this game. You have cried SO MUCH now they delete half the stuff from idocs ...
Seems everything that goes wrong with anything dealing with houses OH IT MUST BE THOSE GUYS.
When we have 30-50 accounts open You bet Im going to use mine to vote for what I want. Im not only one there are many people with villages that have more accounts open than me & you expect us just to lay down so you can have what you want no matter what because you cry about it all the time like a little kid taking a tantrum in the store over that toy your parent said No you cant have.:facepalm:

We have no need to use EJ accounts as we have enough accounts open already ..its people with 1-2 accounts open that are abusing the system ? By the way how many accounts do YOU Have open?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the very first contest
the llama was showing off the keep to everyone
every single day, before the voting even started.
I can tell you where some of those came from.

If people want theirs to win
they have to show it off every day
and take feedback into consideration

Also note...
just because someone is in a large guild
doesn't mean that guild members will vote for that persons
(whether they like it or not)
I am in a large guild on Sonoma & on Atlantic
and as far as I know, only 1 guild member confirmed that they voted
for any of my designs.
people vote for what they like

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it worked previously - i tried with a ej account. yeah this whole contest is an absolute failure

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it works - i just tried with a ej account. yeah this whole contest is an absolute failure
I just tried an ej account it couldn’t vote

so what works ?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They took the *Remove EJ status* gate off of TC yesterday. They wiped the shard to prepare for the castle contest and someone complained that the gates were missing from Brit Commons so they put them back....then people exploited it so they had to remove it.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man That Dude "that banned people from houses so they couldn't get their winnings" sure has all his buddies out grinding and crying about us Selling houses for our game style.:bdh:

Why aren't you crying about the houses with 40 or more EM drop items on safes? Seems weird to me they HAVE THAT MANY all on Atlantic from other shards! Why not make EM drops Shard Bound? You People that Don't win everything you want are the real drain on this game. You have cried SO MUCH now they delete half the stuff from idocs ...
Seems everything that goes wrong with anything dealing with houses OH IT MUST BE THOSE GUYS.
When we have 30-50 accounts open You bet Im going to use mine to vote for what I want. Im not only one there are many people with villages that have more accounts open than me & you expect us just to lay down so you can have what you want no matter what because you cry about it all the time like a little kid taking a tantrum in the store over that toy your parent said No you cant have.:facepalm:

We have no need to use EJ accounts as we have enough accounts open already ..its people with 1-2 accounts open that are abusing the system ? By the way how many accounts do YOU Have open?
If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it. Yet the shadiest UO players and liars I have ever met have all been some sort of realtor idoc xshard guy type. Some guys give your trade a real bad name.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
guess you've never played Star Trek Online That's Just pay to win 3000% ... many the FPS have so many hacks they aren't worth even thinking of playing
Its the ultimate lifetime grind if you refuse to buy stuff though. I have a solo fleet for bank space that's been eating up all my casual income since 2012 :lol:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They took the *Remove EJ status* gate off of TC yesterday. They wiped the shard to prepare for the castle contest and someone complained that the gates were missing from Brit Commons so they put them back....then people exploited it so they had to remove it.
What is really irritating me though is how Mesanna didn't even verbally condemn those exploiting it. They were doing it fully aware it's impacting a global community wide contest. It caused the team some substantial effort to clean it up on TC. That's not your standard everyday shenanigans IMO.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guess you've never played Star Trek Online That's Just pay to win 3000% ... many the FPS have so many hacks they aren't worth even thinking of playing
What does the comparison have to do with it?
The fact remains that UO is one of the most corrupt games in history!

The fact remains that the DEV team is either unable to write two lines of code or agree with whoever makes money with this game, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out!

Let's stop talking about this! Even the walls know how things are, so either you play or you don't play. Things will never change.
Mesanna knows her chickens well!