• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Editorial on Battleground Tactics

WoWNews

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Battlegrounds are a wonderful way to get honor points, cool gear and amazing items in game. On some servers they may appear to be a tad lopsided as one side tends to always win and I ask why is that?

I've run quite a few battlegrounds and on my server I have drawn these conclusions:

Attitude: Many are rude, condescending people. Instead of encouraging others, you'll hear them call people names or toss insults. This does a lot for morale, it destroys it. Sheer genius on the battlefront! If you have some sort of superiority complex, and get off on belittling people, you do more harm than good.

Organization: Or lack there of. Normally you see a group charge off to capture the objective and don't have enough left to defend or help back up the areas we already have or in the case of Warsong Gulch, protect the flag. The controlled chaos that ensues gets exploited and your team loses.

Assets: Being outnumbered means nothing! However, if you don't use what you have, its like handing it over. The battle is lost before it starts. People need to use what they have to its fullest potential. Make sure healers actually heal, and the right people are left to defend and run offense. If you have lower level players, try and help them!

Now all this may just be my opinion, but from asking around it seems to be the common thought among many people who run Battlegrounds and get their rears handed to them constantly. I was extremely disappointed by the attitude of players in some runs. You may or may not agree with my thoughts here, but at least think long and hard about how you treat others and how you play when running a battleground.

More...