• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] EC vs 2d PVP Owned...hci? dci HELP

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO I play EC and have for years. I have just made yet another come back to the game after being gone for a year or so.

I know people using 2d run all kinds of hacks. But do you think any of it changes HCI or DCI. When I pvp vs someone I know is running hacks it just seems if I cant hit them at all and they are owning me. I have max skill and HCI and DCI and play an archer. Even when they are disarmed I can't seem to hit them. Whats the deal?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lmfao!! This is by far the funniest thing I've seen all fkin year!!

Reminiscent of 2001 PvP..I suck you HaXx0rS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They don't have parry. If you can turn your speeder up, can't you turn your DCI up?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've heard that if you install UO on a partitioned drive name 60dci/60hci it makes you almost god mode. I haven't tested it but I will tonight.

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your help Caza. I'm sure u suck at pvp. Ur not one of the people I'm talking about. You prob play some lame shard.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your help Caza. I'm sure u suck at pvp. Ur not one of the people I'm talking about. You prob play some lame shard.
Yes I play on Test Center...because well, based off recent studies hacks are not allowed there. You should give it a try, I farm Semidar 24/7 without anyone ever showing up. I have 10 120 Magerys for sale..interested I sell them cheap.

Partially because your question is "pardon my French" but ****ing stupid!!

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I pvp vs someone I know is running hacks it just seems if I cant hit them at all and they are owning me. I have max skill and HCI and DCI and play an archer. Even when they are disarmed I can't seem to hit them. Whats the deal?
That doesn't make any sense to me, check out if they are using HLA weapons. Keep an eye on ur de-buffs.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO I play EC and have for years. I have just made yet another come back to the game after being gone for a year or so.

I know people using 2d run all kinds of hacks. But do you think any of it changes HCI or DCI. When I pvp vs someone I know is running hacks it just seems if I cant hit them at all and they are owning me. I have max skill and HCI and DCI and play an archer. Even when they are disarmed I can't seem to hit them. Whats the deal?
Have you tried testing it out with a friend to recreate the situation? There are many reasons why you might not be hitting them. They could have Bushido evasion on or you could have high latency. There is no way to hack hit or defense chance, all that is handled server side with caps. For all we know you could be running around with 100 skill 0 HCI and they have 120 skills 45% DCI plus a skill ability making your hit chance like 10%. Even when someone is unarmed they can be hard to hit.

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for you response! They hack speed and that's server side. Why wouldn't they hack DCI. It's sad that the devs don't ban the players that are using cheats. Players public post video of them pvping using cheats and no one cares? Back in the day the gms would of hunted them down. @Mesanna

sensu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Bad players have been blaming their lack of pvp skill on other players hacking since 2000

It's the cowards excuse for losing at a video game

But then again maybe OP is suffering from some type of mental handicap which prevents him from improving at the game

If that is in fact the case, then yes OP you are right, all good players are hackers with 100 dci and 100 hci, you would be really good if it wasn't for all these damn hacks!!

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen your videos. Your using hacks. Not much else to say. Some balls saying you do cheat when you post vids of you cheating. Than say it's me. Funny.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They hack speed and that's server side. Why wouldn't they hack DCI.
Speedhacks flood the server with move commands. You don't actually move any faster than the server allows and it causes you to rubberband a lot. It gives you a slight advantage because if for any reason you would move less than maximum speed the server still moves you at maximum speed because an artificial program is sending those move commands. This is not exactly how it works, I am trying to explain it simply.

Also, players in the Enhanced Client used to move faster than players in the Classic Client. It has nothing to do with the server, all about how data is sent from the client to the server.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Speedhacks flood the server with move commands. You don't actually move any faster than the server allows and it causes you to rubberband a lot. It gives you a slight advantage because if for any reason you would move less than maximum speed the server still moves you at maximum speed because an artificial program is sending those move commands. This is not exactly how it works, I am trying to explain it simply.

Also, players in the Enhanced Client used to move faster than players in the Classic Client. It has nothing to do with the server, all about how data is sent from the client to the server.
It's called interpolation and has been a required feature of online games since Air Warrior in '86 - the first fully graphical and latency sensitive client/server online game. Players often lost contact with the host, sometimes for seconds. Thus the host, using the player's last known control inputs, had to guess where they'd end up.

Yes, it was poorly implemented in UO but Origin, firstly, had no experience in online games and, second, the really good interpolation algorithms were soon tied up in court cases making improvements a mine field.

That's me being all cerebral and detached. But I what I feel when I see an exchange like this is anything but. It makes me sad because I know, in my bones, that the people saying such cruel things to each other are not hateful people. And, frankly, I must admit I watched virem11's videos. What struck me about them was how terrible I felt when the guy's Dread went wild and it was then lost, not just to him, but to the game. Everyone in his TS felt this loss.

I seem to remember one case of an unkillable player in UO but that was long, long ago. I do know it was a bug, not a hack. And, unless memory fails me entirely, the unkillable guy was the one who reported the bug. I know this might at first seem unfathomably odd, but being unkillable strikes me as one of those things that all of us would love....for an hour or two only. Well.....

Sorry, got distracted there. The host has your sanity checked info and you can't fool it into thinking you have, say, infinite HCI or DCI. Actually, the one client that could make it "wonder" what the hell you had is the EC as it allows you to swap out your entire suit in a split second.

Bottom line: if it takes professional athletes significant time to re-accustom themselves to the speed of their sport, the same applies to PvP in any game. We get accustomed to the sheer speed of it after playing it. Yet, oddly, we, as humans, are terrible at assessing the speed of activities unless we're currently engaged in them on an ongoing basis.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it was poorly implemented in UO but Origin, firstly, had no experience in online games and, second, the really good interpolation algorithms were soon tied up in court cases making improvements a mine field.
It is unfair to say that it was poorly implement in UO. This was the first game of its kind and this was all brand new stuff. All kinds of hacking, including true speedhacking, was possible early on because there were no server side checks on how fast you could move. A players on foot could move faster than the fastest Paragon monster. They eventually put in server side checks so that is no longer possible.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It is unfair to say that it was poorly implement in UO. This was the first game of its kind and this was all brand new stuff. All kinds of hacking, including true speedhacking, was possible early on because there were no server side checks on how fast you could move. A players on foot could move faster than the fastest Paragon monster. They eventually put in server side checks so that is no longer possible.
No it wasn't the first game of its kind. Rather it was the first online game to have a mass effect. The fact that there were no server side speed checks proves the case.

Oh hell, now we're talking like the PvP guys, JC!

Summoned

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virem you can act big and bad all you want. You have not seen me pvp bc you don't know who I am. I have killed you before. You are not one of the ones that I have trouble with. I'm good at pvp. I'm not the best but I'm good. I have been playing for 17 years on and off. Most of that time was on Great Lakes. But at the end of the day your a cheater and everyone knows it.

I think it's fair to say that it's very possible that EC and classic May not communicate with each other well.

virem11

Adventurer
Virem you can act big and bad all you want. You have not seen me pvp bc you don't know who I am. I have killed you before. You are not one of the ones that I have trouble with. I'm good at pvp. I'm not the best but I'm good. I have been playing for 17 years on and off. Most of that time was on Great Lakes. But at the end of the day your a cheater and everyone knows it.

I think it's fair to say that it's very possible that EC and classic May not communicate with each other well.
You would rather cry and call people hackers then try to improve, just stay bad, doesn't bother me.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is IMPOSSIBLE.. To "hack" "edit" "alter" the server side caps..do u even live bro?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....... Where exactly am I cheating in my videos?
Did you kill someone..?? Isn't it only possible to kill someone while cheating, or is it possible now a days to do it without cheats. Archery Online seems to confuse so many people now a days.. Probably should go back to minecraft for many