• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EC sightly choppy graphics, always? Causes dizziness in others also?

mihali

Sage
Trying to learn EC due to the ease of life items it has, but graphics and screen slightly choppy, and there must be something about the game desktop, but makes you feel dizzy, and a little nauseous? Is this universal? Or can be corrected with some user changes in settings? This is after you use EC actively (Not bank sitting) for 30-60 minutes. Is this fixable? Could it have to do with frame rates? No issues at all with CC, that I have used for long time. Ty for info in advance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trying to learn EC due to the ease of life items it has, but graphics and screen slightly choppy, and there must be something about the game desktop, but makes you feel dizzy, and a little nauseous? Is this universal? Or can be corrected with some user changes in settings? This is after you use EC actively (Not bank sitting) for 30-60 minutes. Is this fixable? Could it have to do with frame rates? No issues at all with CC, that I have used for long time. Ty for info in advance.
I have been told it is my imagination. I can't play it. I get nauseous and the back of my eyes hurt within a minute. It's not the display rate either for me. I can look at a screen shot and feel sick quickly.

I have seen a lot of things on a monitor, including games. And EC is the only thing that does this.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At first I used to get nauseous, then I realised the footsteps and what I was seeing was out of synch, I turned off footsteps sounds and have been fine ever since.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if it can be fixed for some of us. EC makes me nauseous also. I always play with no sound. (Turned it off after I had my first kid 20 yrs ago and never turned it on again.) I do hope you find something that works for you - I have yet to find anything.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I refuse to use that Deamon Code for just that reason. Always has been and always will be

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It reminds me of a runny watercolor mess after moving around and watching it. Two mins watching and I'm done with it.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hsd trouble until i adjusted the FPS to the below picture. been smooth and easy on my eyes/stomach since. the sound is irrelevent to me since i am mostly deaf and don't have it turned on. maybe this will work but paly around with it and see.

1696018903484.png

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Same for me. Unpleasant nausea from EC. I can't even play CC anymore. After using other clients, the CC feels so choppy and slow.

mihali

Sage
Super appreciate all the responses! I will try to change the FPS and see what happens. EC is kind of a new experience for me - never used it before actively. I hope a fix works. It has so many quality of life things Id like to try, if I can that is. I can put up with the cartoony images, but this sickening feeling kills it all. No other screen has ever done this for me, and I am in front of a comp. screen pretty much all day at work. This is interesting also from other perspectives, since it is not universal for everyone, does not affect all players, and I mean from a bio-engineering/bio-informatics perspectives. Will have to look it up, and will try to post.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It may be the "fuzzy" ground, happens to be some screenshots on the forums, both give me the feeling if I contue to look at them.

1696099623652.png

1696099669125.png

CC has less fuzzy ground.

1696099730616.png

It is the same feeling I get when I change my glasses prescription.